Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 04-05-2013, 12:54 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1983 Stars & Stripes - SuperSlot 440 V8
1983 440 SuperSlot Restoration

Well, I am back on this site for the first time in about 9 months. It is time to get back to work!!! I need some help and advice. My budget for this year is $1k to sink in to the boat and I want to get the most bang for my buck. I still need to do a lot. The main mechanical needs are a new battery and some repair to the hull for chips from rocks. Otherwise, I do not have any major mechanical issues!! Woo HOO!! So, what should I do!?!?! I have some gel coat work that I need to get fixed (spider cracks). Where can I find parts for my '83? I checked Skidim and it did not seem like they had much for mine.

Thanks for your help!!! I am stoked for year 3 of my restoration!!!
Old 04-05-2013, 12:57 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83SuperSlot View Post
Well, I am back on this site for the first time in about 9 months. It is time to get back to work!!! I need some help and advice. My budget for this year is $1k to sink in to the boat and I want to get the most bang for my buck. I still need to do a lot. The main mechanical needs are a new battery and some repair to the hull for chips from rocks. Otherwise, I do not have any major mechanical issues!! Woo HOO!! So, what should I do!?!?! I have some gel coat work that I need to get fixed (spider cracks). Where can I find parts for my '83? I checked Skidim and it did not seem like they had much for mine.

Thanks for your help!!! I am stoked for year 3 of my restoration!!!
What kind of parts are you looking for? Plenty of guys on here to help you spend your money.

SPECIAL ST205/75R15 LRC KENDA LOADSTAR ON 15X5 WHITE SPOKE WHEEL, BALANCED & DELIVERED - $125

Tandem Axle Packages Starting at $569 - 4 Aluminum wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.
Single Axle Package Starting at $319 - 2 Aluminum wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***
Old 04-05-2013, 01:00 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1983 Stars & Stripes - SuperSlot 440 V8
I am looking for interior skins, building a new rear bench, a sound system, lighting, trailer wheels, new prop, new gauges, how to get my gel coat to shine!!, how to fix spider cracks, some accessories for my tower, etc... I know that's a lot for $1k so I needs some good resource suppliers and other suggestions!
Old 04-05-2013, 09:11 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
You should be able to knock out most of that. Buffing out the boat is mostly elbow grease. There are plenty of threads on here with lots of details. The rear seat can be done for not a lot of money as they were still pretty basic. Even cheaper if you can do the upholstery work your self. Spider cracks are can be done if you have some experience or are willing to learn as you go. Working with gelcoat isn't too tough. Sound to fit your budget might be a little basic, but you have options there. I might even know a guy who can get you a deal on wheels.

SPECIAL ST205/75R15 LRC KENDA LOADSTAR ON 15X5 WHITE SPOKE WHEEL, BALANCED & DELIVERED - $125

Tandem Axle Packages Starting at $569 - 4 Aluminum wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.
Single Axle Package Starting at $319 - 2 Aluminum wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***
Old 04-08-2013, 07:16 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft, Stars and Stripes, 1983, 351 W.
Send a message via AIM to SKI*MC Send a message via MSN to SKI*MC
Pictures are a must around here I'm in the process of putting a sound system in my 83. I was able to find a decent setup on ebay (Sony head unit and Polk Audio speakers). Ill be uploading pictures of my progress soon. Also installing interior LED lights.