Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 04-11-2013, 07:44 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC Tristar 190 OB, 1989
FletchX7, do you have much luck at Salamonie? I've been there once and it seemed really small. Maybe I didn't go pass the bridge and there was more though.
Also, wondering if I met you at the Geist ramp once? I was changing bunks on my trailer and have a Tristar 190.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:09 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 Mastercraft X7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefooter92 View Post
Do you spend much time at BLL?
We haven't yet. I've been up there a couple times, but my little brother recently moved to a place right on the water. Since we are both having babies this summer, I figure we will be up there a lot more. He is thinking about getting a lift and keeping my dad's 209 there since it usually sits in a garage all summer.

Are you on BLL? We are actually talking about going up Sunday to see their new place.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:14 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer12 View Post
FletchX7, do you have much luck at Salamonie? I've been there once and it seemed really small. Maybe I didn't go pass the bridge and there was more though.
Also, wondering if I met you at the Geist ramp once? I was changing bunks on my trailer and have a Tristar 190.
Yes, we did meet....I forgot about talking to you at the ramp! Wasn't that last summer? How did it turn out? I need to do that this year. I'm pulling my boat from storage this weekend.

We've had decent luck at Salamonie, except for last year. We didn't go at all due to the low water. I have a couple of friends with MC's up there that have a course set up. It is past one of the bridges and sits between an island and shoreline. Usually, the water is decent there. We are planning a trip up there in July/August.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:17 PM
TT Enthusiast

My bunks turned out nice with fresh wood and carpet! I also got it done that evening to finish on the lake with some smooth water before sunset. However, I'm working on getting the fender wood/carpet to stay on to protect the boat from the metal fenders.
I thought I recognized that yellow X7

I'll have to give Salamonie a second chance. Let's hope all the lakes recover from the drought this year. I've had some good luck at Mississinewa last summer.

Congrats on the baby!!
Old 04-11-2013, 03:56 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer12 View Post
My bunks turned out nice with fresh wood and carpet! I also got it done that evening to finish on the lake with some smooth water before sunset. However, I'm working on getting the fender wood/carpet to stay on to protect the boat from the metal fenders.
I thought I recognized that yellow X7

I'll have to give Salamonie a second chance. Let's hope all the lakes recover from the drought this year. I've had some good luck at Mississinewa last summer.

Congrats on the baby!!
Glad to hear! I'm going to be doing the same thing this summer.

I haven't talked with anyone up there yet, but I will get a report on how the water is. We didn't have bad luck on Geist last year.....which was a first. It seemed like we had decent water until about 10:30 most mornings, but we also stayed in the shallower water which kept some idiots away. I haven't driven by lately to see how it looks.

Thanks!! He is due July 4th, although we think he might be here sooner. I'm hoping, otherwise I told my wife that we are towing the boat to the hospital and then my daughter and I are heading back to the lake....and then I felt a stinging sensation on my back
Old 04-14-2013, 10:02 PM
TT Regular

Boat: MC, S&S, 76, 351
Anyone get out on the water today here in Indiana? I was going to do the initial" shakedown" run but yard work just wouldn't give me the opportunity. I showed Dylan (10) how to start it and keep it going until it's warmed up and will idle. He did great, he's my motorhead. Then David (8) and Jack (7) joined us and mamma brought us ice cream. Finally we learned that we all can't be in the back or the whole front goes up. Not even out there and we're making memories and learning physics.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:28 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 Prostar 205; 1996 Sea-doo GTX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletchx7 View Post
We haven't yet. I've been up there a couple times, but my little brother recently moved to a place right on the water. Since we are both having babies this summer, I figure we will be up there a lot more. He is thinking about getting a lift and keeping my dad's 209 there since it usually sits in a garage all summer.

Are you on BLL? We are actually talking about going up Sunday to see their new place.
Put the dock in on Saturday (Apr 6th) Air was 32F and windy, water was just a bit warmer. Frose my stones off!

Our pier is in the North basin on the east shore. We call it 'lil yellow as it is a very small yellow cabin with a white deck and pergola.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:29 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefooter92 View Post
Put the dock in on Saturday (Apr 6th) Air was 32F and windy, water was just a bit warmer. Frose my stones off!

Our pier is in the North basin on the east shore. We call it 'lil yellow as it is a very small yellow cabin with a white deck and pergola.
I'll look for you when we get up there. I'm not sure where my brother is in relation to you. I know it's a red house with a deck that sits feet from the water. We are planning to go up in a couple weeks to help paint and get them settled in. I'm not sure when I will finally hit the water. I'm waiting for clearance from my surgeon after I broke my ankle over the winter.

The only thing I accomplished this weekend (except for yard work), is pulling the boat home from storage, tucking her away in the garage, and I stripped the platform and applied a coat of oil. I'm hoping to finish that up this week and install my new head unit, XM, and remotes.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:02 PM
TT Regular

Boat: MasterCraft Skier
Im in Rochester on Lake Manitou.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotipnomon View Post
Anyone get out on the water today here in Indiana? I was going to do the initial" shakedown" run but yard work just wouldn't give me the opportunity. I showed Dylan (10) how to start it and keep it going until it's warmed up and will idle. He did great, he's my motorhead. Then David (8) and Jack (7) joined us and mamma brought us ice cream. Finally we learned that we all can't be in the back or the whole front goes up. Not even out there and we're making memories and learning physics.
Glad to hear you're making memories. Didn't get in water but did have it in the driveway for some maintenance. My boys are 3-1/2 and 17mos and they got to get in and enjoy make believing they were driving it!