Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 08-07-2013, 10:12 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2001 MasterCraft ProStar 209, 310 HP
Send a message via AIM to TripleThreat Send a message via Yahoo to TripleThreat
Agreed.

The website is terrible. Just didn't know if you had their address and phone number.

I understand that they are great folks and do awesome work. I'm very happy with the quality of their work.
NESBA "A" #719
STT "A" #719

On the Road Less Traveled...

...You Always Meet More Interesting People
Old 03-15-2014, 06:59 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2003 ProStar 197
any of you been to lake monroe? and to that fourwinds resort/marina? how is it? and has is the lake for skiing during the week in july? thinking about a family road trip from ohio with the boat to this place possibly. the lodge looks nice. and lake looks good size.

thx!
Old 03-16-2014, 01:06 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2001 MasterCraft ProStar 209, 310 HP
Send a message via AIM to TripleThreat Send a message via Yahoo to TripleThreat
PM Sent... but I'll share the contents here for others as well...

Monroe is HUGE! Lots of chop anytime the wind is blowing... The southwest corner of the lake, past the spillway, down towards the dam, and down by Eagle Point Resort and condominiums is the best place to ski and board as it is the most narrow and protected portion of the lake. Weekdays, the place is deserted and it's like having the entire lake to yourself. Weekends can get really rough when the big boats come down from Indy.

Avoid the 4th of July, as the place is insanely busy for the holiday and you won't be able to ski or board.

There are some good places to just drop anchor and hang out when it gets rough and the northeast end of the lake, past the causeway, is a huge idle zone.

The party cove is the cove that leads back to Allens Creek.

Pull up a Google Map of the lake, and you'll see what I mean.

Eagle Point has a nice golf course, if you are into that as well.

The marina is nice and there is a nice restaurant there too... Ton's of places to eat in Bloomington as well. Also a lot of microbreweries to chose from. Upland and Lennie's are two of my favorites. Janko's Little Zagreb is the best place to go for steak... Little hole in the wall place with red and white checkered table cloths, a bit on the pricey side, but incredible steak!

Make sure you hit up Brewster's Ice Cream at the corner of 446 and 46 as you come into Bloomington from the lake.

Enjoy!
NESBA "A" #719
STT "A" #719

On the Road Less Traveled...

...You Always Meet More Interesting People
Old 03-25-2014, 12:10 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC Tristar 190 OB, 1989
TripleThreat was pretty right on. Skiing on the weekends is only good first thing in the morning and then sometimes right before sunset if it isn't windy. I hate travelling across it with kids in my 89 Tristar in the middle of the day because it beats my flat bottom boat to hell!