Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 04-04-2013, 01:17 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: TBD
Quote:
Originally Posted by treiter View Post
David - do you have the serial number information? Can you please pass along any information you have. The Tech support people at JL say they will get back to me, but if you have the information handy it would be appreciated.
Sorry, I don't have the cut-off s/n information. Our product manager initially labeled every HD & MHD 750/1 according to whether it is fullrange or strictly for lowpass applications. So in our case there are no mistakes.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:38 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2009 X-15
So how was he able to tell which was which?
Old 04-04-2013, 05:38 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: TBD
Quote:
So how was he able to tell which was which?
By the s/n obviously. Then after that we can assume that any subsequent shipments are the limited bandwidth version. But I don't have that information in my possession at this point well after the fact.

Many manufacturers use different sequences for different distribution channels such a OEM versus aftermarket and domestic versus out-of-the country. So again, this is a JL Audio question.

I've answered your questions with what I know and sent you on the right path. If you have a legit s/n with a purchase from an authorized dealer then JL Audio will be able to get you an answer.

David
Old 04-04-2013, 07:04 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 X1, RTP
WOW. That sounded a little snippy.

Six in, Six out.

2007 MasterCraft X-1, CHARCOAL Black
Old 04-04-2013, 07:16 PM
TT Newbie

Hopefully JL can answer the question.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:11 PM
TT Regular

Boat: mastercraft x-10
I'll be able to tell u guys how different a rev410 sounds going from a full range jl hd to the mid range jl hd within a couple weeks. If it is displeasing, i may have a brand new 750 sub amp for sale shortly

-jason
Old 04-05-2013, 01:19 PM
TT Newbie

Jason - look forward to your feedback. I have received feedback from a couple of the tech support folks at JL. They are in contact with their engineers and are working on providing a serial number reference so we can tell which amps are which. I will update you as soon as I know more.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:21 PM
TT Regular

Boat: mastercraft x-10
Quote:
Jason - look forward to your feedback. I have received feedback from a couple of the tech support folks at JL. They are in contact with their engineers and are working on providing a serial number reference so we can tell which amps are which. I will update you as soon as I know more.
Cool, thanks! Tried a couple times to call their tech line with no response. Did they happen to tell you why they switched to a dedign that imo cuts back on this amp's potential base of customers? I would assume they have good cause to revamp a product to what appears on the surface as a downgrade.

Anyhow, im hoping the difference is immaterial to my ear as i love the jl/wetsounds combo ive got now, not to mention that i just built my amp rack with a spot reserved for the 750s. Hate to think id have to redo all of this to fit a different brand amp.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:42 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 X25 - 6.2 Ilmor Baby
Hmm - Just pulled mine out of the box, I got it direct from JL about a month ago. I have not installed yet, waiting on the new boat.

My Manual states "Monoblock Full-Range Amplifier" In the Specs it also States a frequency response of 6Hz to 30Khz So does that mean I have the older version?

Serial Number is 153034000119 if that helps.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:30 PM
TT Newbie

I never did ask why. Like you I am just concerned about getting the right one. I'll keep updating you as JL sends me emails.