Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 03-28-2013, 04:41 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter View Post
This all boils down to personal preference so an argument on the internet isn't going to help either one of us.

Personally, I don't care for the styling and build quality of American auto manufacturers but apparently you do which is fine with me.

I'm guessing since you're from Canada you'll approve of my Acura MDX purchase since it's made in your neck of the woods.
Like the styling of the Acura lineup. No doudt about that. Still not buying one though.

Funny story. Went into the Acura dealer to compare the CTS and the RL. Flat out asked teh salesman what was better on the Acura than the Caddy. Guy tells me the Acura has quad exhaust, not just the dual that the Caddy has. I walked away. Funny how much a poor salesman can determine what your interest in the vehicle is.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:01 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: X-45
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
scott.....correct, but other manufacturers do not keep going back to the 1970's model yr.

think dodge charger, camaro, corvette, malibu. its the same ole stuff just repackaged.

its not just my opinion......the car buying public has voted w/dollars to make toyota, nissan + honda some of the most sought after brands. the same market placed GM into near bankruptcy.

you are entitled to your own opinion.....but not your own facts.
cheers my friend.
I see you left the mustang off your list. How do you not mention it and talk about the Camaro, Charger, and Corvette being repackaged from the 70's? I can't agree with the Corvette being repackaged.....that's just an ignorant statement if you know anything about cars. You obviously have your fandom but you failed to mention ford also took $6-8 billion from the federal govt. It just wasn't classified as buyout loan. So they didn't make it just on hard work and great products. Which of course is opinion, not a fact. They had plenty of help from our federal govt. too. It interesting how so many love to bring up the fact that GM took money but ford didn't.

Cheers.....
Old 03-28-2013, 06:45 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MC ProStar 209, 2001, LTR, Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
Take your euro garbage.

Either you support our economy, or you support theirs.
Hey I had a couple GM HD2500 crew cab diesels. Besides, if it is not a pickup or suv it's only worth 5 grand once you are done paying for it. Next domestic will be an F150. There is a reason why it has been the best selling pickup for longer than I have been driving. Other than that give me a VW, happy little motor and the only auto mfg to have the stones to market a diesel CAR for the past 25+ years in the US.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:52 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsqure View Post
Hey I had a couple GM HD2500 crew cab diesels. Besides, if it is not a pickup or suv it's only worth 5 grand once you are done paying for it. Next domestic will be an F150. There is a reason why it has been the best selling pickup for longer than I have been driving. Other than that give me a VW, happy little motor and the only auto mfg to have the stones to market a diesel CAR for the past 25+ years in the US.
Agree about VW. Great little cars. But maintenance is increased over Honda, Toyota, et al. with the increase in performance and, generally, better equipped cars that you get. Each time it is time for a new car, I always go check out a domestic (either Ford or Chevy since Chrysler has lost our business forever after my wife's horrible experience with them). Wasn't too impressed this time around. Maybe next time.

As for trucks, my 2001 Expedition has been an exceptional boat hauler and Christmas hauler. Hopefully, we will have it for many years to come.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:31 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
GM survives on US tax dollars, not on quality and innovation or service.

Have you noticed GM keeps trying to resucitate its past successful models only w/more horspower and new wheels ?

When those tax dollars cease to flow Your Caddy warranty will too.

Honda, BMW, Audi, Nissan and Toyota have no competition for the American car market.

btw.....Good for Ford that is has prospered through hard work and good products.
Toyota and club also get money from the Japanese government. I was able to be a major part of a major debate over the automotive industry. Luxury brands a great fun until it's repair time. $1000 bucks for an alternator for a lexus vs. hundreds for a domestic. GM, Ford, and Chrysler don't design cars for this audience. Trucks platforms excluded
Old 03-29-2013, 12:12 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: White/Red 91 PS 190
We had sunshine and 70 degrees here today..... how's your weather?

Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine
Old 03-29-2013, 08:35 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft X-30
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
Funny story. Went into the Acura dealer to compare the CTS and the RL. Flat out asked teh salesman what was better on the Acura than the Caddy. Guy tells me the Acura has quad exhaust, not just the dual that the Caddy has. I walked away. Funny how much a poor salesman can determine what your interest in the vehicle is.
A bad salesman can ruin the purchase, or lack thereof, of anything. I'm blessed to not only have one of the best MC dealers in town but also one of the best Acura/Audi dealerships in the country.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:18 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter View Post
If American car companies built anything worth driving I would certainly show up in their showrooms. I recently bought an Audi S4 and test drove everything under the sun before making my decision. Funny enough, I didn't drive anything from GM, Ford or Chrysler because all it took was sitting in the cockpit to realize how inferior those cars are when compared to anything German or Japanese. If the interior isn't thought out well I can only imagine how lax the rest of the car was engineered.
There's a boat for sale just posted in the Marketplace. You should ck I out. Sounds like it is right up your alley!!

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 03-29-2013, 12:21 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1972 MasterCraft w. Holman Moody
What is a USA car anymore?
I had several Dodge trucks - Canada, Mexico built then shipped back to the USA for selling. Ford and GM do this too.
Here in TN we have Nissan and VW lines being made. Nissan employes a bunch of LOCAL folks. VW the same in Chattanooga and has invested billions for a battery building. Their cars are made here in USA and sold too. I would rather put the $$ in the pockets of local workers instead of workers in Mexico.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:05 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by gid View Post
What is a USA car anymore?
I had several Dodge trucks - Canada, Mexico built then shipped back to the USA for selling. Ford and GM do this too.
Here in TN we have Nissan and VW lines being made. Nissan employes a bunch of LOCAL folks. VW the same in Chattanooga and has invested billions for a battery building. Their cars are made here in USA and sold too. I would rather put the $$ in the pockets of local workers instead of workers in Mexico.
A lot of the Passats are made in TN. But I think most Jettas are made in Mexico. My CC was made in Germany. With VW, it depends on the car and engine where it is made.

The weirdest thing to hear people talk about is German quality versus German reliability. I have gained a bit of an understanding of that recently, and am reminded, before I take the family out of town, to make sure I have a spare coil pack in my trunk. The ride will be superb though.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.