Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 03-28-2013, 01:57 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 93 Barefoot 200 Yamaha 225F
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
Oh, I guess GM is the only manufacturerer that does this? What a ridiculous comment.
Your guess would be incorrect, GM is just ONE of the most obvious and egregious examples of Union vote buying with US tax dollars.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:14 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
Your guess would be incorrect, GM is just ONE of the most obvious and egregious examples of Union vote buying with US tax dollars.
Look at what I highlighted in your post. Didn't have anything to do with unions.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:26 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 93 Barefoot 200 Yamaha 225F
Quote:
Look at what I highlighted in your post. Didn't have anything to do with unions.
scott.....correct, but other manufacturers do not keep going back to the 1970's model yr.

think dodge charger, camaro, corvette, malibu. its the same ole stuff just repackaged.

its not just my opinion......the car buying public has voted w/dollars to make toyota, nissan + honda some of the most sought after brands. the same market placed GM into near bankruptcy.

you are entitled to your own opinion.....but not your own facts.
cheers my friend.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:33 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
scott.....correct, but other manufacturers do not keep going back to the 1970's model yr.

think dodge charger, camaro, corvette, malibu. its the same ole stuff just repackaged.

its not just my opinion......the car buying public has voted w/dollars to make toyota, nissan + honda some of the most sought after brands. the same market placed GM into near bankruptcy.

you are entitled to your own opinion.....but not your own facts.
cheers my friend.
Have you read Consumer reports on 2011 and 2012 Hondas? As a brand, their quality has slipped, big time. Not my opinion, but the opinions of people that have bought the product. I have had my CTS for 3 years, absolutely zero issues with it. By comparison, my buddy has an Honda Accord V6 (top of the line, loaded), same year, with nothing but issues with drivetrain and electronics.

Just saying, like the debate between CC and MC, everyone has their right to pick what they buy. I much prefer the styling of the NA vehicles over the imports, and as I've never had issues with reliability with NA, there has never been a reason to seek change.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:34 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1990 Tristar 190 Sport
Why get a turbo V-6 when you can get a 600+hp V-8? Are caddy buyers sudenly worried about fuel consumption?
Old 03-28-2013, 03:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft X-30
Quote:
Take your euro garbage. See what your maintenance costs are once that RS5 is off warranty. Same with the Beemer. Oh yeah, all fluid changes are included in the price of my Caddy. Have a blast with your $250+ oil changes on the Audi.

Either you support our economy, or you support theirs.
If American car companies built anything worth driving I would certainly show up in their showrooms. I recently bought an Audi S4 and test drove everything under the sun before making my decision. Funny enough, I didn't drive anything from GM, Ford or Chrysler because all it took was sitting in the cockpit to realize how inferior those cars are when compared to anything German or Japanese. If the interior isn't thought out well I can only imagine how lax the rest of the car was engineered.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:20 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter View Post
If American car companies built anything worth driving I would certainly show up in their showrooms. I recently bought an Audi S4 and test drove everything under the sun before making my decision. Funny enough, I didn't drive anything from GM, Ford or Chrysler because all it took was sitting in the cockpit to realize how inferior those cars are when compared to anything German or Japanese. If the interior isn't thought out well I can only imagine how lax the rest of the car was engineered.
Shows a lack of care to not explore all of the potential options... at least I can say I did. You sure as heck don't know what's worth driving if you don't drive it. Takes a good driver to know how well a vehicle performs and stacks up against the competition without actually driving it.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:22 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by drschemel View Post
Why get a turbo V-6 when you can get a 600+hp V-8? Are caddy buyers sudenly worried about fuel consumption?
My understanding is that the V6 with twins will still be available AWD. The CTS-V is not.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:47 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1990 Tristar 190 Sport
Quote:
My understanding is that the V6 with twins will still be available AWD. The CTS-V is not.
Curse you, Obama!
Old 03-28-2013, 04:16 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft X-30
Quote:
Shows a lack of care to not explore all of the potential options... at least I can say I did. You sure as heck don't know what's worth driving if you don't drive it. Takes a good driver to know how well a vehicle performs and stacks up against the competition without actually driving it.
This all boils down to personal preference so an argument on the internet isn't going to help either one of us.

Personally, I don't care for the styling and build quality of American auto manufacturers but apparently you do which is fine with me.

I'm guessing since you're from Canada you'll approve of my Acura MDX purchase since it's made in your neck of the woods.