Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 03-26-2013, 07:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 Sportstar 19/305 Chevy Indmar (4160 Carbed)
I have Progressive and have never filed a claim so can't help there on service results. I still have agreed upon value for both boats vs NADA. One feature I like is I can easily change limits, etc on-line, depending on where and what the boats are up to.

I did call Skisafe and had an e-trail with a customer rep (?) and ultimately sent them my policies to beat, and that's the last I heard from them.
Maybe I made it too hard...granted there are small apples to oranges in some of the policy limits/categories, etc., but in anycase they could have been more upfront.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:05 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X-25 with the awesome 6.2
Progressive cancelled me years ago after someone broke in my car and stole the stereo - 1st claim. I also found out they gave me a 30% military surcharge for 2.5 years when I was in the Reserves - they thought I was Active Duty. They agreed was a mistake, but refused to credit me or do anything about. F-em. I refuse to talk to them.

Ski-Safe is $606 a year for $70k agreed upon boat value (obviously high), $600 towing, $5000 trailer, $1000 deductible, $500,000 liability, $25k medical, $5k personal property. No claims (knock wood) so I can't comment on claim service.

2013 X-25
Old 03-27-2013, 01:40 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by pram View Post
Wow, that 20K seems like a lot, are you concerned about them denying even if it is an agreed upon value policy?

I have been told that regardless if the policy is agreed upon if they can prove that it is over insured they can deny
Before discounting this old 190 understand that I bought exactly what I wanted and gave roughly 10k for the boat in 2006.

Since then I have spent right at 18k more making it mine (btw no labor costs as i have done all labor, just pure upgrades). I have spared no expense in this boat. When you have over 1k in LED's or a subwoofer and the box that pushed 1k things add up fast. I have 5k in stereo, pushing 4k in a new engine with more power, and everything else 20k is very reasonable. Platform, platform brackets, new graphics, improvements on the trailer, new tranny internals, new engine, stereo, led's, new upholstery, batteries, etc you can't replace my boat for 20k.

Blue book value say 9-10k that is a factory boat in average condition. You will NOT ever find another 190 like mine. Period

Why not insure a classic '69 camaro SS for 4k because its old and maybe not cool to you or because its old the value should be compared to the rusty pos in the hay field. Why do I have a '60 Austin Healey in my garage that is in need of restoration that was appraised for 35k. It's an old pos that may have no value to some but it has value. I have seen fully frame off restored Healeys go for 85-90k. Maybe it makes no since to own anything "old" since American society sees no cool factor or have any appreciation for anything over 5 years old.

I guess if you are not as cool as the Jones' or have newer possessions then you must not be as cool.

The reason my premiums are high is the $500k liability and $500k property damage.

The extra agreed value was $35 per year.......

Plus it is 20k boat and trailer combined. Say I ruin my trailer.....can you find me one for less than 3k? I doubt it. So subtract 3-4k for the trailer out of the 20k and you can see I'm not being unreasonable by my agreed boat value of 16k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....

Last edited by Kyle; 03-27-2013 at 01:50 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:56 AM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Strange, we've had Progressive for years on our PS 190 and now the X2 for the last 4 years and it never reverted to NADA. Still agreed value, infact with 6yrs of ins on the PS 190 they never even asked us about reducing the agreed value.

Kyle, that's high as a kite! Unless maybe your driving record sucks or something. We're at $350/yr IIRC on the X2 agreed value is over $50k with similar liability. ALthough it is only about $75 more per year than the 190 was with $17k agreed value.
I'm going into a local progressive agents office. The guy on phone didnt seem so bright.

I actually have a great driving record. My '09 king ranch is like $120mth. Not that bad and my deductibles are next to nothing.

Quote:
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 03-27-2013, 12:32 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 X-30
I use boaters Insurance Inc. they have been awesome. Made a 2300 dollar claim last year, did not receive an increase this year on renewal. On my 2011 X2 I pay 560 per year. Agreed value, however if my boat is totaled in a flood they replace it with the current year model for up to 5 years after the date of purchase. This is who my dealer recommended when i purchased my first boat and I have been with them ever since. They only insure boats, and they seem to have a lot of special deals for Mastercraft boats.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:50 PM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
BoatUS. Pricing was very slightly less than ski-safe, but had no layup period. Agreed upon replacement value. (much higher than I sold my X14 for, too.)

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2013 X-10 6.0
Thanks for the input everyone. I guess my insurance agent at State Farm doesnt deal in boats too much, couldn't figure out why it was just an inboard. Probably asked about 5 times am I sure this is not an I/O......
Old 03-27-2013, 01:16 PM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
Call boat US and you will have a quote in 5 minutes and a policy in 10 minutes.

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:39 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
Call boat US and you will have a quote in 5 minutes and a policy in 10 minutes.
Going to give them a jingle too. Thanks for input

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-27-2013, 01:56 PM

Boat: 1995 Mastercraft Prostar 205
Send a message via MSN to pram
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Before discounting this old 190 understand that I bought exactly what I wanted and gave roughly 10k for the boat in 2006.

Since then I have spent right at 18k more making it mine (btw no labor costs as i have done all labor, just pure upgrades). I have spared no expense in this boat. When you have over 1k in LED's or a subwoofer and the box that pushed 1k things add up fast. I have 5k in stereo, pushing 4k in a new engine with more power, and everything else 20k is very reasonable. Platform, platform brackets, new graphics, improvements on the trailer, new tranny internals, new engine, stereo, led's, new upholstery, batteries, etc you can't replace my boat for 20k.

Blue book value say 9-10k that is a factory boat in average condition. You will NOT ever find another 190 like mine. Period

Why not insure a classic '69 camaro SS for 4k because its old and maybe not cool to you or because its old the value should be compared to the rusty pos in the hay field. Why do I have a '60 Austin Healey in my garage that is in need of restoration that was appraised for 35k. It's an old pos that may have no value to some but it has value. I have seen fully frame off restored Healeys go for 85-90k. Maybe it makes no since to own anything "old" since American society sees no cool factor or have any appreciation for anything over 5 years old.

I guess if you are not as cool as the Jones' or have newer possessions then you must not be as cool.

The reason my premiums are high is the $500k liability and $500k property damage.

The extra agreed value was $35 per year.......

Plus it is 20k boat and trailer combined. Say I ruin my trailer.....can you find me one for less than 3k? I doubt it. So subtract 3-4k for the trailer out of the 20k and you can see I'm not being unreasonable by my agreed boat value of 16k.
I am not discounting anything old, my 205 is a 95. It was an honest question with no hidden agenda or slams or anything else.

MONKEY FACE