Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 03-26-2013, 02:31 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: White/Red 91 PS 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
They can do this? Is it in the policy?

I'm looking for agreed value for my 190 with progressive.

20k agreed value includes boat and trailer
500k liability
500k property damage
1k injury per person
5k personal property (max coverage)

$750 per year.

That's high to me

I'm also calling geico, ski safe, and any other company referred.

ACE Global Marine is dropping my coverage bc I made a claim on a stolen item and had a full police report. Not a big deal at all but if you have a claim they drop you. I have paid in 6-7 yrs in premium and last year had a claim. This year the renewal was not allowed. They suck and I fought with the sorry sob's for 3-4 months and going back to 3 police reports for them to pay a 2,500 claim. They flat out suck. I had countless calls and dragging my boat to 3 police jurisdictions to appease them. My premiums were $350 yearly. Agreed value but I doubt that they would pay the full policy value as they try to weasel their way out of claims.

I also have the emails from the vp saying they were dropping me. Once the drop date happens in a few weeks I'll have new coverage. I fully plan on emailing him links to every single one of my posts warning people about his insurance company. He will get a global marine bashing link every week. He will get to know me over the next year as he will get 52 emails from me. Dropping me will result in a plethora of negativity about his company and surly that will result in loss of customers or less new customers.
don't forget...as an arguing point to negotiate lower premiums... the operator's manual states "TOP SPEED" @ 43 mph
http://www.mastercraft.com/files/man...tar_Manual.pdf

Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine
Old 03-26-2013, 02:35 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmania View Post
don't forget...as an arguing point to negotiate lower premiums... the operator's manual states "TOP SPEED" @ 43 mph
http://www.mastercraft.com/files/man...tar_Manual.pdf
Good point. I'll call them back tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 03-26-2013, 03:24 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: White/Red 91 PS 190
Quote:
Good point. I'll call them back tomorrow.
SkiSafe quoted me on my
1991 PS190 (replacement cost $2500.00)
LIABILITY ONLY: $85.00
BASIC: $165.00
DELUXE: $279.00

OR
1991 PS190 (replacement cost $6500.00)
LIABILITY ONLY: $85.00
BASIC: $251.00
DELUXE: $378.00

see attachment for coverages
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Ski Safe.pdf (203.0 KB, 137 views)
File Type: pdf Ski Safe2.pdf (203.4 KB, 100 views)

Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine
Old 03-26-2013, 02:34 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
I had BoatUS last year but they raised my rate by 30% this year due to Sandy. Sorry I'm an inland lake boater and I'm not paying for the blue water boy's misfortune. Got a Progressive quote for agreed price of $46K for $370. No tickets, accidents or claims for past 5 years (10 years actually but they were only interested in 5 year history).

BoatUS was great but I just didn't think it was fair or right to increase my premium by $130 in one year. I get the pooled/shared risk concept but let's face it how many hurricanes have totaled boats out in Michigan? I just couldn't get over the idea that I was going to be on the hook for that amount of cash in one year to help in recovering their costs because they insured a bunch of ocean yachts. They did offer personal consultation on how I could reduce my coverage so my rate would stay the same for less coverage. What a concept, much less coverage for the same amount of money. Well now they'll have to raise rates even higher on the remaining customers because I'm no longer in the pool. I'll be moving my Waver Runner from BoatUS this fall when it renews as I was told that coverage was going to go up by at least the same percentage as my boat.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:52 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
ACE has been great....

http://www.acegroup.com/us-en/indivi...insurance.aspx

http://www.voyagermarine.com/

I had my local AmFam do a comparison and he got close (on coverage) but not on rate. There were a few things that AMFam couldn't even do that Ace does. My agent said, "wow, that's a really good policy and covereage!" Although, not a lot of boat policies in Colorado.

However, I may still have to go to AMFam to get under our personal Umbrella policy. If something is not covered by AmFam, then their umbrella policy will NOT cover the item.

1994 205, LT1
Old 03-26-2013, 03:09 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
Kyle, sorry to hear about your experience with ACE. That does make me pause just a little for sure. Low payments and "expectedly great coverage" are one thing but if there is negative treatment and the dropping of the policy after one claim......wow.

I still have a few months left on our existing one but I think we will have to switch to AmFam anyways.

And on a side note, my wife and daughter just left Ft Worth a few hours ago....they were visiting TCU. They loved it!

1994 205, LT1
Old 03-26-2013, 03:20 PM

Boat: 1995 Mastercraft Prostar 205
Send a message via MSN to pram
Quote:
They can do this? Is it in the policy?

I'm looking for agreed value for my 190 with progressive.

20k agreed value includes boat and trailer
500k liability
500k property damage
1k injury per person
5k personal property (max coverage)

$750 per year.

That's high to me

I'm also calling geico, ski safe, and any other company referred.

ACE Global Marine is dropping my coverage bc I made a claim on a stolen item and had a full police report. Not a big deal at all but if you have a claim they drop you. I have paid in 6-7 yrs in premium and last year had a claim. This year the renewal was not allowed. They suck and I fought with the sorry sob's for 3-4 months and going back to 3 police reports for them to pay a 2,500 claim. They flat out suck. I had countless calls and dragging my boat to 3 police jurisdictions to appease them. My premiums were $350 yearly. Agreed value but I doubt that they would pay the full policy value as they try to weasel their way out of claims.

I also have the emails from the vp saying they were dropping me. Once the drop date happens in a few weeks I'll have new coverage. I fully plan on emailing him links to every single one of my posts warning people about his insurance company. He will get a global marine bashing link every week. He will get to know me over the next year as he will get 52 emails from me. Dropping me will result in a plethora of negativity about his company and surly that will result in loss of customers or less new customers.
Wow, that 20K seems like a lot, are you concerned about them denying even if it is an agreed upon value policy?

I have been told that regardless if the policy is agreed upon if they can prove that it is over insured they can deny

MONKEY FACE
Old 03-26-2013, 04:15 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 Prostar 197
I'm a new boat owner and went with skisafe on the recommendation of a friend that's been with them for many years. They have declared/agreed value, and if you don't use your boat over winter, they have a layup option which lowers what was already a pretty cheap rate (IMHO).
Old 03-26-2013, 04:18 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethebt View Post
I have progressive and it seems pretty cheap. After a year or two they revert from agreed to value to NADA. I will have to look at changing when that happens. These MCs are never near NADA and if I had to replace it, I would never find what I have for NADA.
Strange, we've had Progressive for years on our PS 190 and now the X2 for the last 4 years and it never reverted to NADA. Still agreed value, infact with 6yrs of ins on the PS 190 they never even asked us about reducing the agreed value.

Kyle, that's high as a kite! Unless maybe your driving record sucks or something. We're at $350/yr IIRC on the X2 agreed value is over $50k with similar liability. ALthough it is only about $75 more per year than the 190 was with $17k agreed value.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 03-26-2013, 04:35 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by StudLEE View Post
Triple A.. no complaints here..
Not here. My parents were with AAA for prolly 20years and they dropped them like hot potato after a garage fire destroyed 3 cars, comp claim.
Kind of like Kyles experience but worse. To top it off, they would only pay LOW NADA on the vehicles. Literally resulted in my dad getting a truck several yrs older and more miles on it to not be out of pocket.
I firmly believe ALL insurance companies are like this, regardless of their rating. I've personally seen more corrupt practices from A+ rated companies than the lower rated ones.

Insurance companies permanently on my sh!t list: AAA, Allstate, State Farm, Auto Owners.
Insurance companies on my good list: Farmers, American Family, any Farm Bureau I've dealt with and Progressive.
This list has no rhyme or reason based on # of claims or size of claims or any claims at all.
In fact State Farm and Allstate screwed me and I didn't even have a policy with them.
State Farm dropped a girl that hit my truck, 2 days after she signed up with them for her new car. Mailed back her uncashed check the day she reported the accident and said sorry we changed our minds. Allstate sent my bank a copy of the policy I was CONSIDERING for a homeowners policy and said I was insured with them. Bank called my then current company and told them to drop me since I had new insurance. Didn't know any of this until I got a bill for the Allstate premium THAT I NEVER ENACTED. I never signed a policy!

Sorry to get off topic, but this is one of the crookedest industries out there. Might as well be mob run. And FWIW my cumulative claims for dozens of vehicles and toys, business insurance and 8 homes is under $20k total since I turned 16..............24 years ago! I can count the number of claims on one hand.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN