Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 03-26-2013, 09:25 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
There are all sorts of alleged performance boosters that don't perform up to their advertised claims. The Tornado is at the top of the list. I guess I should have been more clear that it is junk.........coming from people I know, that is just a given.

My apologies to anyone who subsequently ordered one.

SPECIAL PRICE
ST205/75R15 KENDA LOADSTAR ON 15X5 WHITE SPOKE WHEEL, BALANCED & DELIVERED - $125 EACH

Tandem Axle Packages Starting at $569 - 4 Aluminum wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.
Single Axle Package Starting at $319 - 2 Aluminum wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***
Old 03-26-2013, 10:08 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
I have a little short stub K&N in an insulated tube on my little VW. Helps with throttle response on my butt dyno and makes a nice growly noise over the low flowing stock air box. I also have a first stage 93 octane tune. While tunes will do a bit on N/A cars, on the turbo cars, they make an enormous difference. I went from 200 hp/209 ft/lbs of torque to 270 hp/300 ft/lbs of torque with just the tune and the intake. This is on a 2.0 4 cylinder. Excellent bang for the buck and my fuel economy bumped up about 2 mpg on the highway (as long as I keep my foot out of it for the most part).

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:16 AM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
I have a little short stub K&N in an insulated tube on my little VW. Helps with throttle response on my butt dyno and makes a nice growly noise over the low flowing stock air box. I also have a first stage 93 octane tune. While tunes will do a bit on N/A cars, on the turbo cars, they make an enormous difference. I went from 200 hp/209 ft/lbs of torque to 270 hp/300 ft/lbs of torque with just the tune and the intake. This is on a 2.0 4 cylinder. Excellent bang for the buck and my fuel economy bumped up about 2 mpg on the highway (as long as I keep my foot out of it for the most part).
hehehe, so overall your MPGs went way down? It's hard to keep your foot off of the right side when it sounds and feels goo.

I own stock in air tornados, people buy two per car and stack them for extra performance.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:34 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Boatless!!! NXT? X2?
In my experience with intakes i have generally gained a few MPG's on my cars with them, as they are generally less restrictive and pull more cold air.

In my G8, I have a CAI, headers, xpipe, and a custom 91 octane tune, that gives me better MPG if i were to drive like a normal person. But I tend to end up like east tx and cannot keep my foot out of it. Sounds way to nice with all the major factory restrictions removed!!!
Old 03-26-2013, 11:45 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1981 MasterCraft 351W slot
TBI motors will also like a little extra bit of timing 1-2*, they are torquey engines. my buddy ran his for years with a K&N and the lid flipped over Holley 670 throttle body, jet 6 pack chip, extra pressure in the fuel lines and a manual torque converter lock up long tube headers and 4.10 gears with Auburn posi. The engine had over 420000 miles and never been cracked open
Old 03-26-2013, 12:46 PM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
hehehe, so overall your MPGs went way down? It's hard to keep your foot off of the right side when it sounds and feels goo.

I own stock in air tornados, people buy two per car and stack them for extra performance.
Only in the city.

The other good news is that the tune removes the 139 mph speed limiter. What a relief that was. Should be able to get about 165 out of her now.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:01 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Only in the city.

The other good news is that the tune removes the 139 mph speed limiter. What a relief that was. Should be able to get about 165 out of her now.
Holy smokes! Gettin a little crazy in your old age Doug!

We use to flip kids' air cleaner lids over as a prank. Make them think something was wrong with their car. 'Course that was back in the day when you could open car hoods without getting in the car!

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 03-26-2013, 06:23 PM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
Holy smokes! Gettin a little crazy in your old age Doug!

We use to flip kids' air cleaner lids over as a prank. Make them think something was wrong with their car. 'Course that was back in the day when you could open car hoods without getting in the car!
Hopefully the irony of my previous statement carried through. I'm not even approaching the top end on this car ... not even remotely close.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Old 03-26-2013, 06:28 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Hopefully the irony of my previous statement carried through. I'm not even approaching the top end on this car ... not even remotely close.
Making a post about speed above the legal limit without a legal disclaimer is so unlike you.............

SPECIAL PRICE
ST205/75R15 KENDA LOADSTAR ON 15X5 WHITE SPOKE WHEEL, BALANCED & DELIVERED - $125 EACH

Tandem Axle Packages Starting at $569 - 4 Aluminum wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.
Single Axle Package Starting at $319 - 2 Aluminum wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***
Old 03-26-2013, 08:17 PM
MC Hero

I thought the winking emoticon was sufficient.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club