Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-12-2013, 12:08 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 X30
Lake Hazasu

I need some guidance:
Due to our Federal Government shutting down Lake Mead, our usual October outing to Echo Bay/Overton is in limbo. We have several families with boats that love to go spend one last weekend together on the water before storing the water skis and waxing up the snow skis. We are considering driving a couple hours further south to Lake Havasu but none of us has ever spent any time there. We would all be tent camping and would prefer to have some solitude - not a party atmosphere. Would we better of going to the southern end - Sand Point/ Cat Tail? What are the facilities like - camping & beaches? I'd appreciate any feedback from anyone with some Havasu experience.
Thanks.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:04 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
The south end of the lake is where all the camping is. There are a lot of beaches with outhouses and nice camping down that way. Cattail is a nice state park launch ramp. Sandpoint is a sh**hole. You also have Black Meadow across the lake for any necessities and Havasu Springs further south has a nice restaurant. If you guys get bored, cruise north to the Channel and check that out. Also, if it gets windy, you can go all the way north to Needles and can usually find good water up that way. Its also a scenic 40 mile boat ride from Cattail.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:45 PM
TT Enthusiast

Thanks Sodar! South end it is. Our current plan is to launch at Cattail. Still undecided as to whether we will stay in the campground or go find a beach - figure that out when we get there. Are the beaches down there typically sandy or gravel? Is fuel available on the water?
Thanks again.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:38 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyskiguy View Post
Thanks Sodar! South end it is. Our current plan is to launch at Cattail. Still undecided as to whether we will stay in the campground or go find a beach - figure that out when we get there. Are the beaches down there typically sandy or gravel? Is fuel available on the water?
Thanks again.
It's pretty much all sand. The boat-in beaches are nice and it just gets you away from everyone. It's pretty fun. Yes, there is fuel on the water. To the south, Havasu Springs has fuel, to the west, Black Meadow Landing has fuel and to the north, Havasu Marina has a nice Chevron station on the water with CC machines at the pump. I think Sandpoint has fuel, too, but I would not give that place 1 dime of my money.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:40 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
It's pretty much all sand. The boat in beaches are nice and it just gets you away from everyone. It's pretty fun. Yes, there is fuel on the water. To the south, Havasu Springs has fuel, to the west, Black Meadow Landing has fuel and to the north, Havasu Marina has a nice Chevron station on the water with CC machines at the pump. I think Sandpoint has fuel, too, but I would not give that place 1 dime of my money.
Cameron is tight with his dimes...
Old 10-14-2013, 10:41 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
Cameron is tight with his dimes...
Yes, yes I am. Especially when a place virtually steals 1,500 of my dimes.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:44 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
Yes, yes I am. Especially when a place virtually steals 1,500 of my dimes.
That would explain it.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:14 AM
TT Enthusiast

Great info. Thanks again.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:57 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Tigé, 2150, 1997, Merc EFI
I just got back from there. We went to see the World Jet Ski Finals. We rode our sit downs from dam to dam on Saturday. If you have time to ride North, the ride through the gorge is worth it. We stopped for lunch at Pirates Cove. It's a good hour ride though from the South. Copper Canyon, the Sand Bar and London Bridge are the usual places to visit. They can get crazy, but should be pretty tame this time of year.