Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Other

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-19-2005, 10:47 AM
gr8smiles gr8smiles is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: 2005 X-Star
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 241
Best place to buy a Sky Ski

I am ready to buy a foil...I think that I want a Sky Ski...where is a/the good place to get one...I am in the Nashville,Tn. area...thanks

Internet/Mail order is fine too
__________________
Rick

2005 Turn Bouy Orange X-Star
w/ 'Mastercraft by Design' Bling

Official Hydrofoil Junkie
Sky Ski B39 with Soft-Tail Seat
and Cinchmax Strap and Bindings
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-19-2005, 03:37 PM
betsy&david Harrison's Avatar
betsy&david Harrison betsy&david Harrison is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: MC Prostar 190, '93, Stars N Stripes
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 2,793
Send a message via Yahoo to betsy&david Harrison
Wish I knew too because now I want one too. What a blast they are to ride. B
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-19-2005, 04:24 PM
Laurel_Lake_Skier's Avatar
Laurel_Lake_Skier Laurel_Lake_Skier is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 1991 ProStar 190
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 837
Send a message via Skype™ to Laurel_Lake_Skier
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/Hydrofoil/

Head over here and sign up to join the group.....there have just been a couple of foils listed for sale in the last few days
__________________
1991 ProStar 190—Acme 475, GT40-P heads, Edelbrock Performer intake, Mallory YLM Ignition
The world is full of youth—what we need is a fountain of smart!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-19-2005, 05:51 PM
Foiler's Avatar
Foiler Foiler is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Boat: 93 Prostar LT-1
Location: Ohio
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8smiles
I am ready to buy a foil...I think that I want a Sky Ski...where is a/the good place to get one...I am in the Nashville,Tn. area...thanks

Internet/Mail order is fine too
Here are a couple of good dealers:

--
EAST COAST HYDROFOILS
The Sky Ski Price Leader
904-505-4405
www.eastcoasthydrofoils.com

Lonnie Marchand
www.cinchmax.com
lonnie@cinchmax.com
225 938 2501
Can't go wrong with either of these guys, they take trade ins so you might check to see if they have something used.

.

Last edited by Foiler; 09-19-2005 at 05:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-19-2005, 06:27 PM
rodltg2 rodltg2 is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Boat: SN196
Location: Rocklin, CA
Posts: 6,019
Send a message via AIM to rodltg2
i saw a stand up model on the east coast website. that looks crazy.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-19-2005, 06:33 PM
AirJunky's Avatar
AirJunky AirJunky is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: Former Prostar 205 owner upgraded to an 05 Malibu vRide
Location: Liberty Lake, WA
Posts: 2,019
It's funny how things always come around full circle. Standing up used to be the only way to ride a foil. Then in the late 80s, the sit down foils came out & have gotten popular the last few years. Now there are guys mounting the foils on wakeboards & surfboards. You can find guys foil surfing big waves standing up. Rush Randle is sticking back rolls & 360s in the surf now days!

Or heres a cool shot of sit down goin "boatless"!
Attached Images
 
__________________
-
Bill
-former '94 PS205 owner. Still ridin my Sky Ski.....
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-19-2005, 06:36 PM
rodltg2 rodltg2 is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Boat: SN196
Location: Rocklin, CA
Posts: 6,019
Send a message via AIM to rodltg2
i saw some guys trying to do that at folsom lake a couple years back on wakeboards. looked hard or they didnt know what they were doing. the chute got all tangled up on one guy and i think he had to end up getting a ride back in,.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-19-2005, 06:41 PM
PendO's Avatar
PendO PendO is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Boat: 06 197 1.26:1 MCX (Gone but not forgotten)
Location: Below Canada, Left of Idaho
Posts: 3,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJunky
It's funny how things always come around full circle. Standing up used to be the only way to ride a foil. Then in the late 80s, the sit down foils came out & have gotten popular the last few years. Now there are guys mounting the foils on wakeboards & surfboards. You can find guys foil surfing big waves standing up. Rush Randle is sticking back rolls & 360s in the surf now days!

Or heres a cool shot of sit down goin "boatless"!
Bill, is that you on that thing?
__________________
At least you know one person who collected from the Cash Rewards program
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-19-2005, 06:44 PM
AirJunky's Avatar
AirJunky AirJunky is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: Former Prostar 205 owner upgraded to an 05 Malibu vRide
Location: Liberty Lake, WA
Posts: 2,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by PendOreilleSkier
Bill, is that you on that thing?
My kid brother, Jake. He's doing backrolls & front rolls behind the kite now. Has to go both ways so the lines don't get tangled up!!
__________________
-
Bill
-former '94 PS205 owner. Still ridin my Sky Ski.....
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-19-2005, 09:03 PM
bigmac bigmac is offline
MC Platinum
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: 2004 Maristar 230 VRS
Location: Central Minnesota
Posts: 8,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiler
Here are a couple of good dealers:

--
EAST COAST HYDROFOILS
The Sky Ski Price Leader
904-505-4405
www.eastcoasthydrofoils.com

Lonnie Marchand
www.cinchmax.com
lonnie@cinchmax.com
225 938 2501
Can't go wrong with either of these guys, they take trade ins so you might check to see if they have something used.

.
Lonnie is one of the nicest and most helpful guys you'll ever talk to. I'm sure there are others too, but I don't think you can go wrong with him.
__________________
'04 MariStar 230VRS/MCX
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:59 AM.