Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-18-2014, 10:32 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-25 6.2 Ilmore
Anyone with a 2014 X25 dialed in their surf wake?

I know we've all been talking about this all summer, and I have read other threads ad nauseam so I hate to start yet one more thread about this, BUT, but I am looking for some specific advice for what I can do (from '14 X25 owners).

I have been working on this all summer and still cannot seem to dial in the surf wake I want. It flattens too much at the top and still has a (too small)very small sweet spot. I have the gen II with twin 750's in the rear locker. Everything is full, surf tab deployed depending on side. Zero ADJ plate although adding about 20% seems to help a little. The best luck I have had is to just go back to throwing 2-3 people on the port side when surfing left, but even then the wave isn't clean. It still foams at the top too much. Speed helps a little (11MPH), but still not satisfied. It curls a little, but nothing like I've seen the Woons getting. So I am thinking I have got to go with lead and additional bags. I was just hoping someone could give me a grocery list of what I need. Thanks!
Old 08-18-2014, 10:38 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
This should give you a good start...

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=47323
Old 08-18-2014, 10:47 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2014 X25
Howdy

I took delivery of my 2014 last weekend so I'm WAY behind you in terms of experimentation.

I too am trying to get a taller and longer wake. I'm fairly disappointed in the resources available to us for shaping and adjusting wakes. People do so much custom stuff its hard to translate that into what you should do.

Yesterday we ran 10mph, Surf right with 100% on the opposite plane. No center adjustment plate. All tanks 100%. Wave seemed ok.

I paid a small fortune for the boat, as you did, and my preference is to get a workable wake without having to purchase extra bags and stuff.

I also dumped the opposite tank, left surf side and center at 100% and played with that for a while. Didn't seem to make a material difference.

Were you running your surf tab at 100%? Default setting is 70 surf tab and 30 center (at least on my boat it is). We didn't hate it but didn't love that.

There really should be a matrix that shows ballast, speed, and tab settings for the stock boat that displays expected results based on those settings. That would be huge.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:26 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Former-2013 X30 6.2 Ilmor
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitilldark View Post
I know we've all been talking about this all summer, and I have read other threads ad nauseam so I hate to start yet one more thread about this, BUT, but I am looking for some specific advice for what I can do (from '14 X25 owners).

I have been working on this all summer and still cannot seem to dial in the surf wake I want. It flattens too much at the top and still has a (too small)very small sweet spot. I have the gen II with twin 750's in the rear locker. Everything is full, surf tab deployed depending on side. Zero ADJ plate although adding about 20% seems to help a little. The best luck I have had is to just go back to throwing 2-3 people on the port side when surfing left, but even then the wave isn't clean. It still foams at the top too much. Speed helps a little (11MPH), but still not satisfied. It curls a little, but nothing like I've seen the Woons getting. So I am thinking I have got to go with lead and additional bags. I was just hoping someone could give me a grocery list of what I need. Thanks!
Picks of your Wake seem to help others diagnose sometime...incse this is an actual problem with you gear...

Post up if you have any
Old 08-18-2014, 11:51 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 X25 - 6.2 Ilmor Baby
So I can't help you specifically with the '14-X25/GenII, but I did surf an X10 yesterday with it and here is the set up we found to work.

I'm not sure what you have for ballast, but on my "13 we have Sumo 600's in the rears and this works out well, they are a perfect fit in the 25 lockers. We have also found on the 25, bow weight helps a lot, which also seemed to be the case on the X10 - see below. We add a 350 in the walkway when sans people.

All ballast full - speed 11MPH - If port side (left) - Starboard Tab 80%, Center Tab 70% Port Tab 0 - Add 1 to 2 people to the bow, Port side - Helps a ton to lengthen the wave with good height. We did not surf the Starboard side, however we did play with the switch on the fly and it worked well and the wake looked real good on that side also. Factory setting was 100% port tab for surf right.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:27 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2014 x25 6.2
We are still learning, it has been our experience to go 100% on all our ballast, keep the opposite surf side tab (wsd)between 20 and 40%. We surf on the river so depending on current and up or down stream 10mph to 12mph the center tab seems to be more for fine tuning to us. Here is a pic of the goofy side, the port side is better but no pics on the phone. Hope this helps, we have the 750s in the back as well.
Attached Images

Old 08-18-2014, 07:18 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X25, 6.0 Ilmor, Pro Package, slammed and flaked!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivertrash View Post
We are still learning, it has been our experience to go 100% on all our ballast, keep the opposite surf side tab (wsd)between 20 and 40%. We surf on the river so depending on current and up or down stream 10mph to 12mph the center tab seems to be more for fine tuning to us. Here is a pic of the goofy side, the port side is better but no pics on the phone. Hope this helps, we have the 750s in the back as well.

This with gen 2?
Old 08-18-2014, 08:13 PM
TT Regular

Boat: X2
Everything that I have seen and heard comes down to if you upgrade the stock gen II bags which looks like skitilldark has done you need bow weight. The other thing I have noticed but doesn't help you guys is every boat is different as far as weight and tab settings go
Old 08-18-2014, 08:49 PM
TT Regular

Yep gen2, I'll c if I can find a better pic
Old 08-18-2014, 08:58 PM
TT Regular

Yes gen2. Here is a better pic
Attached Images