Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 04-23-2013, 08:56 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2010 Mastercraft X2
The boat looks nice. Someone has taken good care of it.

The 2010 and 2011 has different dashes than the 2009 and earlier. Then 2012 has another dash all together too.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:25 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X2
Thanks for the additional info guys.

Yes the boat appears to be in excellent shape. One owner, stored indoors, maintianed by the dealer.

I told myself Id never own a black/red boat again as my Malibu VLX was, and here I am. Lol

I am pretty much set to buy that boat pending his bank sending my bank the titles for financing.

If anyone is interested in the surfrack and tower lights, let me know. I store my boat on a covered lift, and am most likely taking those off to make the boat clear the canopy.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:26 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 MasterCraft X-30
Me, me, me! I need that surf rack.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:47 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 MC X2, MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
2012 will not fit in a 7' garage. I know first hand. Well, it will fit, but you need a custom adjustable trailer hitch: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=44089

2011 and prior, I believe will, but you have to take some parts off: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=27149
i can confirm a 2010 will, but you have to unbolt the fingers from the racks and pray your builder understands what "plumb" is/ driveway is flat enough not to raise the back of the boat, etc.

2010 MC X2, MCX
2011 Sierra 2500HD SLT CC SB 4x4, duramax/allison..
Old 04-23-2013, 04:19 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Nice boat, for sure, but $46.5k?
They must be going up in value!
If they're going for that much, mine may be for sale since it's going to get stored the next 2 years.
Same condition as that one, less hours (150), tandem trailer with new tires, teak and 'glass swim decks, bow filler, Perfect Pass, better stereo by far, dual battery with relay and charger maintainer, shower heater and surf bags.
Should go for close to $50k comparatively speaking. Heck for $50k I'll throw in all the boards, surf board, ropes, jackets, everything.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 04-23-2013, 09:40 PM
TT Enthusiast

Well,

Obviously 46.5 is the list price. I'm a decent deal maker, so I am paying something less than that.

But yeah the used boat marked is on fire now. Now that the middle upper class is back in the swing of things, boat buying is back. I bought my last boat about 2.5 years ago (Malibu VLX), used it for 2 full seasons, put roughly 100 hours on it, and sold it for a couple thousand MORE than I paid.

I told myself I was going to wait until fall to buy a boat, to save the money, but naturally I couldn't wait.

What I really like about the boat above, is the condition. It's basically showroom condition, and that's my kind of boat.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:38 PM
TT Enthusiast

One more question:

DO you guys think that cover pictured is towable? I plan on heavy duty (u haul) saran wrapping the rub rail/hull area, and then covering the boat.

Looks to be a towable cover with the vacuum holes, but... Anyone have experience?
Old 04-24-2013, 08:37 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 X2
Very nice boat! 40k even would be a good deal but not sure about the market since I have been out of the market a couple of years. I have that cover and have towed with it several times. 08 had a change in muffler options for the dealers and many ordered no mufflers thinking the silentmaster was standard on x boats. FYI
1996 Bayliner 2050
Old 04-24-2013, 09:12 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X-2 2008
Send a message via Skype™ to Grant777
I tow all the time at 60mph with that cover no problem. I have the 2008 with the silent master muffler and its still loud. On the single axle trailer with the tower folded it fits under a 7' garage door. Nice boat from the pics. Get a decent storage cover from skiboatcovers.com when you park it on your lift to keep it that way! And I bought mine last year from the agent in Dubai with zero hours and paid a premium for a saltwater series boat. Even at 45k it looks like a good deal to me. Enjoy.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:19 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyxc View Post
Well,

Obviously 46.5 is the list price. I'm a decent deal maker, so I am paying something less than that.

But yeah the used boat marked is on fire now. Now that the middle upper class is back in the swing of things, boat buying is back. I bought my last boat about 2.5 years ago (Malibu VLX), used it for 2 full seasons, put roughly 100 hours on it, and sold it for a couple thousand MORE than I paid.

I told myself I was going to wait until fall to buy a boat, to save the money, but naturally I couldn't wait.

What I really like about the boat above, is the condition. It's basically showroom condition, and that's my kind of boat.
Yeah I wasn't judging your deal specifically, but I see the prices way up and am actually thinking about selling mine rather than let it sit.
Regarding the cover. Yes it will tow fine, but at hiway speeds for a long distance, even if you shrink wrap every contac point it will still wear thru and scuff a little. I've been there done that on mine. I would reccomend leave the cover off and only put it on for a short time if you hit rain. Installs very quick.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN