Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 03-16-2013, 06:20 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: In the hunt!
First trip of the season!

Finally!! First trip of the season and it was a huge success. I was a little worried after a terrible last season and electrical issues. So far this year, I am optimistic! Now I just need the water to warm up and we'll be golden!!

Who else is in Arkansas that goes to Greers Ferry Lake in Heber Springs?
Old 03-16-2013, 07:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2009 214V
There are several on this forum that go to greers ferry. Most hang out on the devils fork/hill creek side of the lake. Water temp is still way to cold for most right now.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:00 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmw View Post
There are several on this forum that go to greers ferry. Most hang out on the devils fork/hill creek side of the lake. Water temp is still way to cold for most right now.
When does the water start getting warm again? We'll probably head up again this next weekend!
Old 03-16-2013, 09:34 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2009 214V
The first weekend for most is Memorial weekend but a few of us usually start early May. My wife wont even go before Memorial Weekend which sucks because I would go in April but finding others even a driver is tuff. We usually hang out around goat island if you go west from devils fork campground past hill creek the lake gets narrow and is protected by hills so you can usually find some glass water. We go back in the channel pretty far when the lake is up and you're usually safe til Sept and then the lake starts getting low. Stay in the middle and don't go past 263 bridge until someone shows you the area or take it slow and watch the depth but the water is pretty murky back that far. I haven't been up this year so I don't know what the level is but it's usually really high this time of year. Someone usually sets up a course around Heber Springs Park/Sandy Beach near the dike behind the marina but that's the only course I know of on the lake but that is the other side of the lake from where most of us hang out and finding glass is pretty difficult over there except for early morning or after dinner. With a 190 I assume you're mostly a skier or footer.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:49 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '96 ProStar 205, Sammy Duvall, LT-1
Lake Ouachita is a pretty nice lake.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:15 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96prostar190 View Post
Finally!! First trip of the season and it was a huge success. I was a little worried after a terrible last season and electrical issues. So far this year, I am optimistic! Now I just need the water to warm up and we'll be golden!!

Who else is in Arkansas that goes to Greers Ferry Lake in Heber Springs?
Great to hear all went well!

Tandem Axle Trailer Special
Includes: 4 T07 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda
Loadstar KR03 Radial tires, mount and balance
Free Delivery

ALUMINUM WHEEL AND TIRE PACKAGES
SINGLE AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $369
SINGLE AXLE 15" PACKAGE STARTING AT $439
TANDEM AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $649
LED lights, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts
GOLF CART TIRES & WHEELS

PM me or email tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 03-17-2013, 02:48 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmw View Post
The first weekend for most is Memorial weekend but a few of us usually start early May. My wife wont even go before Memorial Weekend which sucks because I would go in April but finding others even a driver is tuff. We usually hang out around goat island if you go west from devils fork campground past hill creek the lake gets narrow and is protected by hills so you can usually find some glass water. We go back in the channel pretty far when the lake is up and you're usually safe til Sept and then the lake starts getting low. Stay in the middle and don't go past 263 bridge until someone shows you the area or take it slow and watch the depth but the water is pretty murky back that far. I haven't been up this year so I don't know what the level is but it's usually really high this time of year. Someone usually sets up a course around Heber Springs Park/Sandy Beach near the dike behind the marina but that's the only course I know of on the lake but that is the other side of the lake from where most of us hang out and finding glass is pretty difficult over there except for early morning or after dinner. With a 190 I assume you're mostly a skier or footer.
Oh nice man! Thanks for all the pointers. Oddly enough I do more wakeboarding with my 190 then anything! It's not the biggest wake but I have a lot of fun with it and it was the best deal I could talk my wife into =). Well if this weather warms up again I'll let you know when we'll be up there again if you wanted to take your boat out early! I'm only in Arkansas till May so I'm trying to live it up before we head back to California.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:48 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table Rocker View Post
Lake Ouachita is a pretty nice lake.
Cool man, Ive driven down there to check it out but haven't taken the bot out there yet. It's next on the list though!
Old 03-17-2013, 02:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
Great to hear all went well!
Yeah man, ya know, I think that putting all that grease on the electrical connectors was a great idea. My boat didn't even hick up! Two days in a row and no problems!!

You're the man, thanks a lot for your advice!
Old 03-17-2013, 02:54 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96prostar190 View Post
Yeah man, ya know, I think that putting all that grease on the electrical connectors was a great idea. My boat didn't even hick up! Two days in a row and no problems!!

You're the man, thanks a lot for your advice!
Two days in a row is a big step. Always happy to help though that one isn't much of a secret.

Tandem Axle Trailer Special
Includes: 4 T07 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda
Loadstar KR03 Radial tires, mount and balance
Free Delivery

ALUMINUM WHEEL AND TIRE PACKAGES
SINGLE AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $369
SINGLE AXLE 15" PACKAGE STARTING AT $439
TANDEM AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $649
LED lights, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts
GOLF CART TIRES & WHEELS

PM me or email tiresplease@gmail.com