Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Old 04-16-2013, 04:00 PM
TT Regular

Boat: soon
What would you pay: 1999 Maristar 205 VRS

I am currently looking for a V-Drive under 25k, which I know won't be easy, but after reading some of the threads on the forum I know is possible. I found this boat close geographically, but the NADA is only 12.9k. I haven't checked it out yet and am waiting on pictures of the interior, but it looks interesting.

I am looking for a boat primarily to take out friends on Lake Norman, but I refuse to by an I/O. I see myself doing some minimal slalom, wakeboarding, and sky skiing. Not going to buy the boat based on the wake characteristics, but more on the family friendly style and quality of the boat itself. I have previously owned a '94 PS190. I installed new carpet/decals and performed wet sanding / basic maintenance and repairs, so I am not afraid of some refurbishment.

Do you think this is a option, or can I find better for the money. Anyone selling a V-Drive under 25k close to Charlotte, NC?

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/boa/3659572847.html

Thanks- Andrew
Old 04-16-2013, 04:04 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
Well that is the first 205V hull ive ever seen that is actually a maristar. it wont take large chop that well, but it will track and handle like a sports car. Not really a lot of seating, since the lack of the wrap around seating. you should be able to find 2000 Xstars on boat trader with the wrap around seating and a tower. Its a fantastic all around boat for sure, and is the legendary 205V hull. cant go wrong with that boat though. good luck with your search!
Old 04-16-2013, 04:11 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
That is a nice looking boat and seems to be priced very reasonably. I would ask for more pics of that one before I come to any conclusions. It looks clean from 20' away, but it could have rips in the seats or engine issues. Start with more detailed pics and go from there, but that looks like a nice boat and it has PP, which is a plus. No tower, but that can be added.

Oh, and NADA for our type of boats is way off, so you cannot get a good idea that way. If you can get a V-drive in good shape for under 20k, you are doing well. Good luck.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:46 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1998 Maristar 200VRS
Well, that's probably a Maristar 210VRS. Looks identical to mine.

Price seems a bit high to me - I'd probably pay something closer to $15K. It's on a single-axle trailer, which is a negative in most situations - it's a pretty heavy boat. I have a single axle, and drag the boat 45 miles each direction every week (in the Phoenix heat), but I'd prefer to have the double-axle. You'll have to get more info on interior condition, gel coat condition, engine condition, etc., to get a better idea on value.

It rides nice for a ski boat - still rougher than a deeper-V I/O, but much smoother than a PS190. Mine is rated for 11 passengers, and holds 4 adults/4 kids very comfortably. It starts getting tight above that.

The only real negative with it is that the windshield will hit passengers in the back of the head if they're not paying attention. It's a bit low and intrudes on the passenger space just a little too much in the outboard observer's position. Other than that, it's a great boat and I love mine.

If you want more info, I think I have a scan of the brochure someplace...

/frank
Old 04-16-2013, 09:11 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Maristar 210 LTR
Very true Frank about the windshield on the port side I've had a lot of people bump their head on that. First time I have read anyone reporting that characteristic
Old 04-16-2013, 09:15 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankSchwab View Post
Well, that's probably a Maristar 210VRS. Looks identical to mine.

/frank
its the maristar version of the 205V. it is a maristar 205 VRS.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:49 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2001 prostar 205V
Seems a little steep as well but if pristine, it will likely sell at that price sooner or later. Need more info on what options and maintenance was done. If you are happy without a tower, ballast, and other items a more well equipped model comes with, you should offer something less and negotiate from there. If you'd really like the stuff like killer stereo, tower, bimini, etc. that you would likely add later you would be better off passing and finding a clean 2000/2001 205v/xstar for mid 20's. As adding the rest will likely put you out another $7~$8 thousand (unless you do most of the work yourself).
Old 04-16-2013, 10:50 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '99 205V
That looks nearly identical to my '99 205v, except mine has a tower. The gel coat looks good, and the vinyl on the sun deck looks good. If same care was taken on the rest of the vinyl and the engine is in good shape, then I'd say $18k is a fair price.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:33 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X1
You could find a '00 Xstar for that price and get ballast, tower and the full port bench.

I'd ask him to take of $2k to compensate for the gold bezels on the gauges (99 MS 205v's had this feature). For comparison, I found a '00 Maristar 210 black and white hull that sold for $16.9k last summer in OH.

http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/3658339486.html
Old 04-17-2013, 03:21 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1998 Maristar 200VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
its the maristar version of the 205V. it is a maristar 205 VRS.
Interesting. I didn't know there was one of those.

/frank