Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakeboarding & Wakeskating

Old 03-13-2013, 02:23 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
Anyone at lake Martin, Al?

Is there anyone here that rides at lake Martin in Alabama that is a pretty good wakeboarder? I would love for you to join me or let me join you a time or two this summer to help me work on some inverts. I am considering lessons too but if there is anyone out there, I am usually looking for someone either to ride with or that can drive a boat.

The only one I have is my dad, who is a great driver but not always available. I have worked with the wife a little but she is just too white knuckled when another boat comes around, plus the fact we have a one year old and the wife is usually the one holding her. Son is only four and he thinks he can drive but we still have a few years before I put him behind the wheel without being in my lap.

Anyway, if there is anyone in the area that would like to join me please hit me up. I am getting spring fever and can't wait to get out on the water, as soon as it warms up a little more.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:41 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 93 Larson 200 SEI, 2002 X Star, 2012 X-2
If you're looking for help and don't have anyone around with knowledge/experience on to help out, check out learnwake.com. They have a lot of good info and learning techniques/drills, and you can post videos of your attempts to get online coaching of what you're doing wrong and what to try doing to fix it.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:51 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: shopping
If I was still working in Bham I would've loved to take you up on it. Our house is on Smith so thats pretty much the only place I go when I'm in Alabama.

There is a Alabama wake forum and their club, or whatever they are, are located on Martin.

Lakemartinwakeboarding.com is run by Alex Graydon, his videos on Wakeworld are pretty damn impressive. Also on his camp or lessons are done on lake Martin
Old 03-13-2013, 08:33 PM
MC Fanatic

Thanks for the suggestions. I have seen the learnwake videos and they are pretty good. I was not aware that you could send in videos of yourself though. That is pretty cool.

I will also check out lakemartinwakeboarding as well. Thanks! Smith lake is a beautiful lake. I have never been on it but driven over it a few times. It is similar to Martin just a little smaller and much deeper.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:46 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 X Star
Not on Martin, but there is an instructor on Lake Tuscaloosa. Mike's watersports, you can look him up on FB.

2002 X Star
Sold - 76 S&S
Old 03-14-2013, 08:36 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1996 Mastercraft Prostar 205
Head over to lakemartin.com and post the same thing on their forum. Bunch of nice people on there and some I know would be interested. I'll be down there this summer but it will be sporadic short trips. Good luck!
Old 03-15-2013, 10:45 AM
MC Fanatic

Good idea Tate! Thanks. Does the AU imply Auburn? If so, War Eagle!
Old 03-16-2013, 07:46 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC2MC View Post
Good idea Tate! Thanks. Does the AU imply Auburn? If so, War Eagle!
War Eagle!
1996 Bayliner 2050
Old 03-21-2013, 12:24 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '99 205V
CC, if I lived closer to Lake Martin, I'd definitely be down to ride/drive. I'm in Huntsville. I've always wanted to check out Lake Martin. I usually ride on the TN river, or Smith. WDE, btw!
Old 03-21-2013, 01:59 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsone79 View Post
CC, if I lived closer to Lake Martin, I'd definitely be down to ride/drive. I'm in Huntsville. I've always wanted to check out Lake Martin. I usually ride on the TN river, or Smith. WDE, btw!
Well come on down. Got a ramp if you want to drag the boat along too. We welcome most anyone, especially fellow AU fans. One of our neighbors lives up in Huntsville as well, but its really a shame bc the house rarely gets used. Maybe 5 or six times a summer and its never the same people either.