Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 03-14-2013, 02:41 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
5.7 will be a turd in a X45 performance wise. Yes it will move the boat and if all you did was wakboard or surf, prop it all the way down and plan to burnt he same amount of fuel as a big block.
With the 5.7, a X45 won't handle ballast and tow duties AND cruising speeds well with the same prop.
You'll be wanting to prop it for the type of use that day (which typically is ALL uses in the same day, so not real practical).
Yeah it will work, but if you're dropping $60k on a boat you probably want it to perform as such.
By way of comparison, an X45 with the supercharged 550?hp engine and a middle of the road prop performed very similar to my X2 with a 350hp engine and a lower pitched pulling prop at 3000' altitude where my MCX was lacking jsut a little in power but the big boat had all it's ponies due to being forced induction.

Provided you are buying out of warranty, personally I would favor the 06-07 without the Vdig or BIG electonic systems (but I wouldn't turn down a nice boat that met all your criteria based on that).

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 03-14-2013, 02:51 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttu View Post
this one i can vouch for

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=52863

but's it a 06.
That looks like the best of all worlds for the OP. Low hrs, big engine, simple/solid electronics/dash, sturdy tower, no emissions bs on the exhaust, nice classic color scheme (unless you want loud), and $10k under budget.
That boat isn't even broke in yet and you got up to $10k to play with if you want a bigger badder stereo, added ballast, etc.

And if you plan on keeping it a while, the resale will be near the same as newer models. Once the hull becomes dated and the boat is 10+ years old, value will be based mostly on condition, engine hours and engine size, not whether it has newer or older gadgets.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 03-15-2013, 12:03 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 08 X-45
Very Happy with my 45!

I totally have to agree with Thrall. The 5.7 is Okay at best. I am in the Denver area and at this altitude the bigger engine is a must.

Also my 08 tower is plenty strong enough. Not sayin the ladies are stressin the tower, but those hydrofoils can get heavy! Going on 3rd year with this setup with no issues.

PS. The pylon on the 45 is very strong as well.

PSS. MasterCraft should offer to buy these photos for marketing?

Whoo Hoo summer is almost here!
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2013, 01:40 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: none at moment
Heynoww.. Nice pics.

That one of you in boat reminds me of the guy in Billy Madison...

Name:  o-doyle-rules-billy-madison.jpg
Views: 2638
Size:  28.0 KB
Old 03-25-2013, 01:03 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2008 MASTERCRAFT X45 LY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Rob View Post
I am leaning more towards sunday as well.. See that's part of my issue. I kinda uhmmm haven't gotten it registered in Texas yet and it's even expired from Oregon.. I am trying to work on that right now but they want a damn pencil rubbing of engine plate. I am also curious about them complaining about sound level. We are usually cool about being ok around houses but I have about 5000W and the ReV410s
Didn't see you out, You don't have to worry about noise on our lake at all! They are just out for drunk boaters
Old 03-25-2013, 01:50 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X-45
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaeRay View Post
Didn't see you out, You don't have to worry about noise on our lake at all! They are just out for drunk boaters
Went out on Sunday... I only saw a brand new X25 and a 08/09 X15