Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 03:32 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: mc x9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTIQUE View Post
Here's my take....NorCal does not order stock 190s. They want to sell what they stock and especially what has been in their inventory a while. The people you spoke to on the phone probably wanted to get you to the show to sell you on one of their X stock boats. Sounds like they had little interest in selling you an ordered boat since that would take time away from selling their stock boats at the show...I'd have your Dad call the owner or NorCal and explain he wants to order a 190 and get your quote. I would not even bother with what they "said" at the bait show, that could have been a hired gun any way. If you get nothing from the owner, call MC direct and ask then to help facilitate another dealer to handle the order. Remember ordering a boat wont get you left over stock boat show discounts usually..
Great point and that is what it seems it turned out to be, just wanted to sit in one before buying for a change. Thanks
Old 03-12-2013, 03:34 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: mc x9
Appreciate the comment and will check those dealers out
Old 03-12-2013, 03:53 PM
MC Addict

Boat: SN196
Send a message via AIM to rodltg2
I was at the show myself on Saturday. No 190 0r 197 to been seen. However the Nautique dealer had (2) 200s closed and open bow and had (2) sport 200's one standard, one air nautique. That blue and black 200 was friggin sweet!

If your Dad decides to go Nautique, you can;t go wrong with Superior Boats. I've met the owner myself and he is doing alot for the sport. He has started a waterski and wakeboard club which I am a member of. He can get you a good price on the 200 I am sure.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:04 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
You know, that's life.

If the dad buys a boat every 5- 10yrs.....which is a pretty big spread.

Then waiting a week or 2 to verify production is really not a big inconvenience ?

Is it really grounds to Switch to Nautiques ???

I think not.
It is if he has a good local CC dealer. But it is not a brand issue. I would apply the same logic to a CC owner that did not have a good local CC dealer, but had a good local MC dealership. All of these boats are good. But a cr@ppy dealer (see my DFW dealer example above) would make it not worth buying that brand of boat if you had better local dealer support from another brand.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:09 PM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
It is sad but true that the dealer is more important than the boat brand these days. I am surprised corporate doesn't place a higher importance on this fact. I know the dealers have a certain standard to maintain. That standard should be a bit higher though. There are a number of good dealers. And from what I've read the last 5 years the number of subpar ones has decreased.

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:30 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1972 MasterCraft w. Holman Moody
Is it just me or do new boats seem very expensive; to the point I dont know how folks afford a new boat. 80k (average) for a boat. My first house was 42k (1998)
Old 03-12-2013, 04:33 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
What did the Malibu dealer bring to the show

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 03-12-2013, 04:39 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Quote:
And from what I've read the last 5 years the number of subpar ones has decreased.
I've got the stank of an MC in town lol. I doubt many had a hardcore ski boat there though. I couldn't find a single one at the raleigh show. Although I really don't know what one looks like. Could have been hiding behind the g23 or the x45.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:49 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ProstarSammyD View Post
I've got the stank of an MC in town lol. I doubt many had a hardcore ski boat there though. I couldn't find a single one at the raleigh show. Although I really don't know what one looks like. Could have been hiding behind the g23 or the x45.
Not all the dealers are slacking. Midwest Mastercraft put on their usual impressive display at the Minneapolis Boat Show.

Boats On Display Include

ProStar 197 - WTT Edition
ProStar 214V - Red Metal Flake, 6.2 Liter Engine, Tower
X-14V - Black and yellow, 4.3" display, 5.7 Liter Engine
X-2 - Med Blue, 5.7 Liter Engine
X-10 - Black and White, 5.7 Liter Engine, 4.3" display
X-10 - White and Navy Blue, 5.7 Liter Engine, Pro Pack
X-25 - Black and Green (though likely getting a custom wrap from MN Boat Wraps!)
X-30 - Med Blue and Black, Pro Pack, 5.7 Liter Engine
X-Star - 7.4 Liter Engine, LOADED!!!

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 03-12-2013, 04:51 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
One of NorCal's two shops is local to me. I had purchased my boat from them and over the years have found them decent to deal with. For instance I had connector go on the power line to the fuel pump in the middle of summer. Every try to get your boat service quickly in July or August? I had the boat back in under 24 hours. I believe Vina is a store manager so I'm surprised to hear you were talking to her about the sale of a boat. If you are interested in buying one I would suggest contacting Tony as he is one of their sales reps in the Pleasanton location. Tony is a very low pressure kind of sales guy so don't take that for a lack of interest.

I notice on their web site that all they have in stock is the X-series. I do not find that a big surprise as that (wake boats) is what mainly sells in our local market. I'm surprised to hear you were told that they had one when according to the inventory on their web site shows that they do not have one. I have seen new ProStars on their lot but only briefly. My guess is that they only special order them for those that want one.
Closed Thread