Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Trailers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-11-2013, 04:56 PM
96prostar190's Avatar
96prostar190 96prostar190 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Boat: In the hunt!
Location: California
Posts: 208
I have the wrong size trailer

I have a 96 Prostar and the trailer I have is for a 2001 trailer. I got a great deal on this boat and I've had it for a year now but I need to get it on the right size trailer. Any ideas where I can find one that is either A) the right size or B) have one made for the boat.

Thanks!Name:  photo (2).jpg
Views: 352
Size:  69.8 KB
__________________
"Slingshot, engage"
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-11-2013, 05:23 PM
Ski-me's Avatar
Ski-me Ski-me is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
Location: Rocky Mountains....Colorado Springs
Posts: 2,253
Gig Harbor.....

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/boa/3654841149.html

I don't know the difference between 2001 and 1996 though.
__________________
- Jeff

1994 205, LT1
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-11-2013, 05:44 PM
96prostar190's Avatar
96prostar190 96prostar190 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Boat: In the hunt!
Location: California
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-me View Post
Gig Harbor.....

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/boa/3654841149.html

I don't know the difference between 2001 and 1996 though.
Hey man, thanks a lot for the reply with the Craigslist add. The problem with 2001 vs. 1996 is the length. If you look closely in the pic I attached the trailer is longer then my boat is, causing the wood on the trailer to warm... Lame.
__________________
"Slingshot, engage"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Ski-me's Avatar
Ski-me Ski-me is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
Location: Rocky Mountains....Colorado Springs
Posts: 2,253
Oh yea. I can definitely see the big overhang for sure! It looks like the back half of the bunker is bending down under the weight of the boat.

Is there a big difference in length on the 190 for 2001 vs 1996? The 2001 you have....is it for a 190 or another model??
__________________
- Jeff

1994 205, LT1
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-11-2013, 05:57 PM
96prostar190's Avatar
96prostar190 96prostar190 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Boat: In the hunt!
Location: California
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-me View Post
Oh yea. I can definitely see the big overhang for sure! It looks like the back half of the bunker is bending down under the weight of the boat.

Is there a big difference in length on the 190 for 2001 vs 1996? The 2001 you have....is it for a 190 or another model??
I have the 96 Prostar 190. I think the 2001 is less then a foot longer... I think it's like 9-11" longer, nothing crazy but I probably don't want to keep driving my boat around on it.

What year is your boat? Looks clean!
__________________
"Slingshot, engage"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-11-2013, 06:02 PM
Ski-me's Avatar
Ski-me Ski-me is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
Location: Rocky Mountains....Colorado Springs
Posts: 2,253
It's a 94' and we love it! I just swapped my single axle trailer for a double axle so "trailers" are on my radar lately. I'm restoring it now and it's looking pretty good so far!

If you are going to make a trade/sale, you might as well get the correct one. Just be patient and keep looking. I'm sure there will be someone out there try to get a double axle and then they have to sale their single axle. Just be ready...

Congrats on your 96.....just love these boats!
__________________
- Jeff

1994 205, LT1
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-11-2013, 06:09 PM
96prostar190's Avatar
96prostar190 96prostar190 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Boat: In the hunt!
Location: California
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-me View Post
It's a 94' and we love it! I just swapped my single axle trailer for a double axle so "trailers" are on my radar lately. I'm restoring it now and it's looking pretty good so far!

If you are going to make a trade/sale, you might as well get the correct one. Just be patient and keep looking. I'm sure there will be someone out there try to get a double axle and then they have to sale their single axle. Just be ready...

Congrats on your 96.....just love these boats!
Nice man! Well it looks great and good luck with the restoration!

Yeah so far I love the boat man! I hope to have it for a long time!

Take care!
__________________
"Slingshot, engage"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-11-2013, 06:35 PM
88 PS190 88 PS190 is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 1988 MC Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,329
Send a message via AIM to 88 PS190
What does the front stop look like?

How's the tongue weight?

I like to set the boat back on the bunks so it sits nice, then check the tongue weight % and if that's all good you can usually have the front stop adjusted easily enough to get better use out of it.

I would just be guessing that yours is too far forward even for the 2001 hull.

If I was shopping a new trailer I'd get an aluminum one of the right weight, and customize it to my boat.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-11-2013, 08:57 PM
96prostar190's Avatar
96prostar190 96prostar190 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Boat: In the hunt!
Location: California
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 PS190 View Post
What does the front stop look like?

How's the tongue weight?

I like to set the boat back on the bunks so it sits nice, then check the tongue weight % and if that's all good you can usually have the front stop adjusted easily enough to get better use out of it.

I would just be guessing that yours is too far forward even for the 2001 hull.

If I was shopping a new trailer I'd get an aluminum one of the right weight, and customize it to my boat.
In order to secure the boat with the pin on the trailer that's the best place it could go.

Did you have to get a new trailer for yours? I'm going to take a look and see if Mastercraft still makes trailers or not.
__________________
"Slingshot, engage"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Cloaked Cloaked is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Boat: MasterCraft
Location: Kingston,TN USA
Posts: 4,366
Looks like the trailer is for a 205 model.

.
__________________
93 190
.
Don't be a boot licker
.

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8



Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:45 PM.