Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 03-11-2013, 07:00 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Ok boys I have pricing.

$300 will be the cup holder and vent only. No cups or lights. It will be hand made and dipped with whatever pattern or color that you choose. You will need to ship me your factory piece and cups so that I can verify fit and angle. Some year models the angle changes. I will be hand making it and carting it 45 min each away to drop off at the dipper and driving back to the dipper to pick it back up. You will pay shipping cost.

$420 will be for a fully loaded rig. LED lights and cups. The cups cost $25 my cost each and the LED's are $25 for a 2' section silicon covered marine LED waterproof lights. Add tax and sipping to me and you can see that I'm not making a penny on the lights. I will need the factory piece and you will pay shipping same as an unloaded version. I will also include wiring connectors and pre wire it.

I will ship you the factory piece back when I ship the new bada$$ cup holder. Again I'm not covering shipping. Turn around time will be probably a few weeks. The dipper had mine 2 weeks and rats is on his second week. To be safe give me a week to build and get to dipper. 3weeks should be a very reasonable turn around time.

All I need is who is interested and are serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 03-11-2013, 07:04 PM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I was even thinking yesterday that putting in a screen in the vent so you can do a movie night or play music videos while partying would be cool. The whole sun thing would probably mess the screen up.

So now

I'm thinking remove the mirror. Make a carbon exact cutout of mirror. Put a touch screen in the mirror spot and a reverse camera hidden on the back of the boat. This way you still can watch what is behind you, play your music, have a movie screen, and it can fold down in the factory mirror case in weather or direct sun. Everything would be flush mount and fit inside the factory mirror housing.

$$$$$$$ is prolly too high though
Cool idea. may not be pracitical money wise, but cool idea.

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:13 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft X-9 05
Kyle- Check your PM

Last edited by Yellow X9; 03-11-2013 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Ajusted
Old 03-11-2013, 07:35 PM
MC Maniac

JohnE

Agree totally not practical but cool

Quote:
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 03-11-2013, 08:52 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: mastercraft 190 1987 351 Indmar
holder

Kyle do you think a cup holder could be set in a older 190 like a 87? Your cover looks to be at base size bigger than the older ones. Question might be space for clearance at the rear of the cover. Fiberglass molding of the area is not an isse but unsure of require space to put it in there.????

Last edited by Dino Don; 03-11-2013 at 08:54 PM. Reason: add'll area
Old 03-11-2013, 09:12 PM
MC Maniac

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino Don View Post
Kyle do you think a cup holder could be set in a older 190 like a 87? Your cover looks to be at base size bigger than the older ones. Question might be space for clearance at the rear of the cover. Fiberglass molding of the area is not an isse but unsure of require space to put it in there.????
Can you post up a pic of the back of your engine box please?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-11-2013, 10:53 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
JohnE

Agree totally not practical but cool
when does cool stuff on a boat - ever need to be practical... just sayin'
Old 03-12-2013, 10:14 AM
MC Maniac

Phntmski

I look forward to getting your dash and engine box holder for your 91. I know that It will turn out very nice.

I would like to take pics during your build and I hope you took a before pic of the old school dash. This will really bring out the helm of the boat.

Be thinking of a color that you want. Your boat is teal and grey, and upholstery is white, teal, and grey. Black carbon is what I have but you can change the base color to say silver, dark grey, white, or teal and have the same effect.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-12-2013, 06:46 PM
MC Maniac

Update

I just left TXMC and looked at a lot of used and customers boats in the shop. It looks like '93 and up to 2000 ish use the same exact cup holder. I also noticed that '95 and up has flat dash bezels and if you guys remove the gauges and switches then I can dip them the same color and pattern. The '94 down to '92 have a weird dash and I'll have to think about how to dip those. '91 and earlier have flat dash bezels and can be dipped. I'm now going to get a '91 cup holder and recreate it as it is a different shape.

I still would really like the original cup holder but from my research today they appear to be the same.

TXMC wants to see Rat's as soon as I pick it up. They really liked the product and I talked to them about the prices I posted and they think they are worth more.

Let me know who is interested and how much dipping you want done. Dash and cup holder would look killer.

$300 without lights and cups

$420 with LED's and LED cups pre wired.

Dash pieces will be extra and I don't have cost. That probably will be per boat cost and I can let you know before dipping. I'll get a general idea after I do phntmski dash.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-12-2013, 07:14 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 Sammy Duvall 205
Good price, but I will pass. Mine is still in good shape. I think you are on to something with the dash panels.