Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Towers

Old 09-16-2006, 09:36 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2001 Prostar 205V
Question What Tower Should I get? New Dimension, XTP, or Zero-Flex

Hi guys,

I'm look for some opinions on towers. Which one should I get for my boat?

'01 205V (soon to become X-Star/X-2/X-1 )

1. New Dimsion Towers http://www.newdimensiontowers.com/home.html

2. XTP http://www.wakeside.com/page/w/PROD/...akeboard_tower

3. I guess I would have to order an '07 zero flex if I wanted that tower. Anybody have pics of them? I heard MC changed the 2 piece tower into one that can be broken down in many pieces for easy shipping..... hmmm, I'm a little leary about that one.

hmmmmmm

thanks,
beatle78
Old 09-16-2006, 10:06 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Prostar 205
I've been looking into the exact same thing as you for my 205 (minus the zero flex option) After comparing prices and talking to both places, I'm going with New Dimensions no doubt. I've heard nothing but good things from customers and so far they've seemed responsive and helpful with my questions. Price is best as well. I was totally unimpressed with my initial inquiries to XTP to the point I don't even want to deal with them.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:43 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-Star
New Dimension for sure. I've had one on for over a year, and have been very happy with it thus far. Looks just like the original zero flex towers - As it should b/c the owner of the company designed the original zero flex tower for MC.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:07 AM
TT Newbie

If I were to do it again I would buy a titan tower, the new dimension towers will give you the oem look but they do flex, where as the titans that I have seen are rock solid. This is just my opinion, and most people are probably fine with some side to side flexing.

good luck,
Tom
Old 09-17-2006, 11:59 AM
TT Regular

I would want it to match my boat though as well as possible. I'm not a fan of a lot of the aftermarket towers on MC's. Some look good, some okay, and some look like crap... so personally I want something designed for the boat.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:16 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2009 X2, MCX
Installed a XTP tower earlier this summer for a 99 Maristar 210 VRS. At the time wakeside.com had a sale and free shipping so it was a better deal at the time than the NDT. In addition to the savings, I earned wakeside.com reward points which I used to buy my wife a Hyperlite wakeboard. I was told that XTP made the Zero flex towers at some point in time but I don't know if that is still the case. It my understanding that XTP acquired the OEM company that made the Zero Flex Flyer towers and then the owner started NDT towers for aftermarket boats several years back. Overall I have had no issues with the XTP thus far. I did have some install issues in that the SS bolts they sent were not the same thread as the nylon lock nuts, but XTP sent new bolts 2nd day FedEx. I also glassed in some backing plates which tood some time to do. After wakeside place the order I had the tower delivered to my house in 10 days. The wakeboard racks for the XTP are the lease expensive that I could find.
Attached Images

Old 09-17-2006, 03:55 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2005 Prostar 197 / MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHaus21
New Dimension for sure. I've had one on for over a year, and have been very happy with it thus far. Looks just like the original zero flex towers - As it should b/c the owner of the company designed the original zero flex tower for MC.
Good to hear that so many are happy with the ND towers but I must chime in here... The ND tower does not look just like the zeroflex tower.. Nor do the accessories.. There is are enough differences in the look of the two that I went OEM Zeroflex on mine. I'm sure either of them would do the job for you
Old 09-17-2006, 05:16 PM
TT Regular

Can you point out these differences... because I haven't been able to find anything significant myself and was curious about that before.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:42 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2001 Prostar 205V
Thanks for all the info guys.

KELL, did the XTP tower come with the backing plates and THOROUGH install directions for the whole process?

How is the difference in fles with the ND, XTP, and Zero Flex?

That XTP looks SHARP KELL!!!
Old 09-17-2006, 10:56 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2005 Prostar 197 / MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontrider
Can you point out these differences... because I haven't been able to find anything significant myself and was curious about that before.
Look closely at the side panels where the board racks mount. That is the main obvious difference btwn the nd and the zf that can be spotted
the accessories for the nd are not nearly as nice as the ones for the zeroflex.
(There are subtle differences like the braces and welds but I cannot say that one is of lesser strength than the other)

these things may be fluff to some and therefore, from a utilitarian approach, the nd is -as good- or -just the same-.

from a perspective of ease and confidence of board mounting, the zeroflex accessories are superior

again, if appearance isn't critical to you , the added price of the zeroflex may not be of value to you