Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 03-07-2013, 09:23 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '01 X9 330HP
Upstate NY Skiing

I will be flying into Syracuse on Tuesday next week, and back to Atlanta on Thursday. In Potsdam NY in between.

Anywhere convenient to either location with some OK skiing? Didn't get to go out west this year, would be great to get in a 1/2 day while I'm up there.

After I booked my ticket, I realized I probably should have flown in/out of Burlington, might have gotten me closer to some skiing.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:13 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1986 Mastercraft, 19 Skier, PCM Ford 351
Send a message via AIM to Covi Send a message via Skype™ to Covi
Not sure what the distance to whiteface would be from where you are going to be? But you are right Burlington would have worked much better. You could have been on a number of slopes within 1/2 hour, 45 min.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinGA View Post
I will be flying into Syracuse on Tuesday next week, and back to Atlanta on Thursday. In Potsdam NY in between.

Anywhere convenient to either location with some OK skiing? Didn't get to go out west this year, would be great to get in a 1/2 day while I'm up there.

After I booked my ticket, I realized I probably should have flown in/out of Burlington, might have gotten me closer to some skiing.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:52 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Have you used OnTheSnow.com - http://www.onthesnow.com/new-york/map.html? Go to the main web site, hover over RESORTS, and select New York. Then select Map towards the top right. Check "check all resorts" and see what is around. All the ones close to Syracuse seem to be pretty small. No experience with any of them except White Face which is pretty far away.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:02 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC, SportStar, 99, 350 310HP TBI,
I went to college in Canton 10 miles east of Potsdam. We used to train at Tupper Lake http://skibigtupper.org and WhiteFace www.whiteface.com. Snow Ridge http://snowridge.com/ is another neat place between Potsdam and Syracuse, that gets lots of lake effect snow. WhiteFace is the destination resort in the Adirondacks, while the others are regional/local resorts. I hope your able to get out and enjoy some snow skiing. If you make it back in the summer, there are some nice places to water ski as well.

Burlington, Ottawa or even Plattsburgh are the airports most people use coming and going from Potsdam
98 Moomba Boomerang 310 HP 350 Carb
88 MC PowerSlot 240 HP 351 Carb Black on White