Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-07-2013, 10:43 AM
Nordicron Nordicron is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 279
Dang that's $17 bucks a pizza too. I agree $10 is alittle cheap.


I've got a question. I pickup my own pizza at a drive up window. Do you offer a tip in this instance? If paying by credit card there is a spot to put tip.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-07-2013, 10:45 AM
thatsmrmastercraft's Avatar
thatsmrmastercraft thatsmrmastercraft is online now
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 15,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
Dang that's $17 bucks a pizza too. I agree $10 is alittle cheap.


I've got a question. I pickup my own pizza at a drive up window. Do you offer a tip in this instance? If paying by credit card there is a spot to put tip.
I never have.
__________________
Peter

SPECIAL ST205/75R15 KENDA LOADSTAR ON 15X5 WHITE SPOKE WHEEL, BALANCED & DELIVERED - $125

Tandem Axle Packages Starting at $569 - 4 Aluminum wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.
Single Axle Package Starting at $319 - 2 Aluminum wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts


PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-07-2013, 10:50 AM
TxsRiverRat's Avatar
TxsRiverRat TxsRiverRat is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: May 2011
Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Location: Southwest
Posts: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
Dang that's $17 bucks a pizza too. I agree $10 is alittle cheap.


I've got a question. I pickup my own pizza at a drive up window. Do you offer a tip in this instance? If paying by credit card there is a spot to put tip.
More like $14.50 per pie here in texas...

$1283.95 85 Pizzas
$119.94675 .0825 sales tax
$50 delivery fee
==========
$1453.90
__________________
What does the fox say?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Double D's Avatar
Double D Double D is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Posts: 4,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
Dang that's $17 bucks a pizza too. I agree $10 is alittle cheap.


I've got a question. I pickup my own pizza at a drive up window. Do you offer a tip in this instance? If paying by credit card there is a spot to put tip.
NO! I line through it and put the total. No reason for a tip there!
__________________
If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-07-2013, 11:06 AM
pmkkdx's Avatar
pmkkdx pmkkdx is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: May 2009
Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
Location: Southwest (Central Texas)
Posts: 1,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
NO! I line through it and put the total. No reason for a tip there!
same here ...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-07-2013, 11:22 AM
milkmania's Avatar
milkmania milkmania is offline
MC Platinum
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Boat: White/Red 91 PS 190
Location: God's blindspot aka Oklahoma
Posts: 9,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ProstarSammyD View Post
so did she *drumroll*
__________________
WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE


Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-07-2013, 11:49 AM
drschemel's Avatar
drschemel drschemel is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Boat: 1990 Tristar 190 Sport
Location: Northwest Arkansas
Posts: 599
Along this line, I really hate the concept of "tipping" because it allows restaurant owners to underpay their employees. The cost for the service should be included in the cost of the food. I mean, does a waiter at a steak place serving $100 plates really deserve $20 for bringing it out while the one at a sandwich shop only gets $4 for doing the same thing? I guess if I bought $1500 worth of pizzas with "free delivery", I wouldn't expect to pay a tip for delivery. I don't tip the mail man or UPS guy either. I have never heard UPS saying that they can't pay their drivers enough because if they did, no one would be able to afford to use UPS. So why do restaurant owners get a pass on this?
Anyway, just my thoughts and worth what you all paid for them!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-07-2013, 12:26 PM
TxsRiverRat's Avatar
TxsRiverRat TxsRiverRat is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: May 2011
Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Location: Southwest
Posts: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by drschemel View Post
I don't tip the mail man or UPS guy either.
you might wanna delete this before the drivers union sees this

__________________
What does the fox say?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-07-2013, 12:34 PM
thatsmrmastercraft's Avatar
thatsmrmastercraft thatsmrmastercraft is online now
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 15,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by drschemel View Post
Along this line, I really hate the concept of "tipping" because it allows restaurant owners to underpay their employees. The cost for the service should be included in the cost of the food. I mean, does a waiter at a steak place serving $100 plates really deserve $20 for bringing it out while the one at a sandwich shop only gets $4 for doing the same thing? I guess if I bought $1500 worth of pizzas with "free delivery", I wouldn't expect to pay a tip for delivery. I don't tip the mail man or UPS guy either. I have never heard UPS saying that they can't pay their drivers enough because if they did, no one would be able to afford to use UPS. So why do restaurant owners get a pass on this?
Anyway, just my thoughts and worth what you all paid for them!
Walk in to most Subway locations and they have tip jars that are approved by the franchise?!?

I agree with the whole concept of tipping is wrong. Let the business owner control the quality of the servers he hires and pay them accordingly. It wouldn't make eating at a restaurant cost any more or less.
__________________
Peter

SPECIAL ST205/75R15 KENDA LOADSTAR ON 15X5 WHITE SPOKE WHEEL, BALANCED & DELIVERED - $125

Tandem Axle Packages Starting at $569 - 4 Aluminum wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.
Single Axle Package Starting at $319 - 2 Aluminum wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts


PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-07-2013, 12:48 PM
jdl xstar's Avatar
jdl xstar jdl xstar is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Boat: none at moment
Location: Southeast
Posts: 1,182
.........
Name:  Pizza4.JPG
Views: 114
Size:  40.5 KB
__________________
Previous - 2007 X-Star w/ 8.1l
Previous - 2007 X2 w/ MCX
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:13 PM.