Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 03-22-2013, 12:22 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 X-30
Pass your finger in the impeller housing for burs. You probably have already done this. I went through a couple on my old '97 before finding a really bad burr in it.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:56 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1988 Tristar 190 Sport (Closed Bow), 351W w/ GT-40's
Certainly not familiar with the new motors, but I sure hope they aren't designed with 'plastic or rubber pieces behind the thermostat'. Doesn't sound very long term to me. Reminds me of when my brother was having cooling issues on his Evinrude OB saltwater. I asked him when the last time he had changed the impellor. His answer, he had never changed it. The motor was almost 15 years old and I can personally attest to visiting several sandbars.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:12 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 Matercraft Prostar 190, LTR330,powerslot,PP,heater
In regard to your hose flushing, you have got an O'ring on that fitting? Just be careful there is not a difference between US vs OZ fittings. I have a John Deere mower that has a one way valve in the deck flush system. Different fitting and you need the right hose fitting for it to work. Take off the hose and give me a close up photo of the fitting and I may be able to help?? Have fun.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:02 AM
TT Regular

Boat: x14
pics flush plug

hi peter
i have uploaded 2 pics of the flush plug i took them a bit late so if there a bit dark and you cant tell let me know and i take some more tomorow.
Attached Images

Old 03-24-2013, 06:10 PM
TT Enthusiast

It doesn't look like the standard fitting to me, have you actually spoken to your Mastercraft Dealer and asked what the go is with it? I think you need a conversion fitting or at least the right fitting on your hose end. It is a bit hard to make out in the photo. Bit far away and can't zoom up because of photo quality. Talk to your dealer. Have fun
Old 03-25-2013, 08:00 AM
TT Regular

more pics

ok peter what about these pics i took a couple more
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2013, 05:40 PM
TT Enthusiast

Ok, The hose fitting you have in the top, is that yours or supplied with the boat? Any hardware store will have those in brass or plastic. I would assume the water is leaking from the fitting not the thread where it screws in to your boat. US use NPT not BSPT threads but they are normally close enough, use a little thread tape maybe. Just grap a new fitting and new hose end connector and you should be good to go. Have fun.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:25 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '96 ProStar 205, Sammy Duvall, LT-1
The US hoses are actually GHT which is a little different. Just enough to cause problems.

Per Wikipedia:
Quote:
The thread standard for garden hoses in the US and its territories is known as GHT or "garden hose thread" which has an outer diameter of 1 1/16 inches, 1.0625 inches (27.0 mm) and a pitch of 11.5 TPI. Outside the US, the more common BSP standard is used, which is 3/4" and 14 TPI. The GHT and BSP standards are not compatible.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:15 AM
TT Regular

ok peter the brass fitting is mine i also have a plastic one but it does the same thing . i will try the thread tape.
as i will be in the usa in august i might go into a hardware store and just buy oneas well
ok thanks
Old 03-26-2013, 11:33 AM
TT Enthusiast

Man Tablerocker is all over the thread stuff You should be able to tell if it is coming out around the thread or not. If not have you tried different hose connections. Apart from a differing thread it doesn't appear as if there is anything on your boat to go wrong?? Just have to sort out a fitting that doesn't leak. Have fun.