Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 02-28-2013, 04:46 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 prostar 197, mcx
Going to cuba

Going to cuba next wednesday, my son and his fiance decided they where getting married this year, and cuba was the destination for the wedding,never been to cuba before so dont know what to expect, looks good on the brochures, didnt see any mastercrafts in the pics though, staying in holguin, wanted to go to havana but appears further than i thought. Can't wait to get some sun it's been a long winter in the uk. Anybody know of good places to visit see.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:52 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1972 MasterCraft w. Holman Moody
Folks from the USA are banned from traveling to Cuba - directly at least. Not sure if one could fly to another Country then fly into Cuba.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:27 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft Prostar 190, 1996, LT1
Enjoy the Cuban food, it's out of this world.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:28 PM
Skipper

I dunno? I have been to Guantanamo Bay Cuba. Didn't do any waterskiing. Never saw a girl in a bikini. Didn't even smoke a cigar. Not sure why anybody would go to Cuba. But you go on with your bad self.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft Prostar 190, 1996, LT1
One of our member's dad says Varadero beach is awesome, maybe you can give us a report if it's not too far from where you're staying.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

Just had a look on google earth looks like varadero out of the question, staying in Guardalavaca looking at the pics looks good will give a report when I get back, as for my bad self, me and half a plane load so will be a ball no matter what, didn't realise folks from USA banned from cuba, I know there was history but banned seems harsh,
Thanks guys
Old 02-28-2013, 06:08 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper View Post
I dunno? I have been to Guantanamo Bay Cuba. Didn't do any waterskiing. Never saw a girl in a bikini. Didn't even smoke a cigar. Not sure why anybody would go to Cuba. But you go on with your bad self.
Thank you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Barefooter View Post
One of our member's dad says Varadero beach is awesome, maybe you can give us a report if it's not too far from where you're staying.
It's my dad, but while it may be awesome it is still illegal for Americans born in America to travel there. Cubans born in Cuba who now reside here have the ability to travel there to visit family, and the process is an extremely painful one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark g View Post
didn't realise folks from USA banned from cuba, I know there was history but banned seems harsh Thanks guys
As the product of two Cuban parents, I have seen the personal suffering and disgrace of what Communism has done to my family... I do not really want to get on a soapbox, but i wish more countries supported the US embargo... Tourism to Cuba should be refrained until they are democratic and the human rights are equal to those that we have here.

Until then Cuba and people that travel there on vacations can rot in hell.

Sorry, this is a sensitive topic for me.

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 02-28-2013, 06:16 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
Thank you...

It's my dad, but while it may be awesome it is still illegal for Americans born in America to travel there. Cubans born in Cuba who now reside here have the ability to travel there to visit family, and the process is an extremely painful one.

As the product of two Cuban parents, I have seen the personal suffering and disgrace of what Communism has done to my family... I do not really want to get on a soapbox, but i wish more countries supported the US embargo... Tourism to Cuba should be refrained until they are democratic and the human rights are equal to those that we have here.

Until then Cuba and people that travel there on vacations can rot in hell.

Sorry, this is a sensitive topic for me.
I am with you rat - the cuba embargo - it's stupid... you fly over cuba to get to Jamaica.

I am calling conspiracy here... florida and yucatan peninsula probably spend millions on lobbyists to keep the embargo up.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:44 PM
TT Enthusiast

Wait a minute guys, didn't want to start a slanging debate, sorry if my post angered anybody that certainly wasn't intended, while it was not a place I thought I'd ever visit it is a wedding I'm going to, my sons wedding, maybe rotting in hell for going ??? , as a long time member and a Mastercraft owner I merely thought I would ask one of the most reliable sources of information around, this site, seems I was wrong and again apologise if I have offended.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:47 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark g View Post
Wait a minute guys, didn't want to start a slanging debate, sorry if my post angered anybody that certainly wasn't intended, while it was not a place I thought I'd ever visit it is a wedding I'm going to, my sons wedding, maybe rotting in hell for going ??? , as a long time member and a Mastercraft owner I merely thought I would ask one of the most reliable sources of information around, this site, seems I was wrong and again apologise if I have offended.
Winter getting a bit long Mark... everything is up for grabs... - no where for the energy to go... ..just another topic to discuss to death while we wait temps to rise...