Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Trailers

Old 03-16-2013, 09:18 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2003 X2
transom tiedowns

Hey Guys, first of all, I know I have trailer guide bumpers that say Tige, I expect a few comments...
My trailer light position puts the tab for the tie-downs way on the outside and it makes the angle interfere with the platform. I thought i would add retractable tiedowns somewhere, the prop guard woudl work for a mount i guess but it is under the boat too far and the strap woudl be touching the boat all the way down and i would worry about rubbing.
I can add a mount somewhere but it seems like it will be messy and interfere with one of the lights.
SO...i noticed if I move the straps from the hooks to the grab-bar,/rear tow hook, it changes the angle enough to miss the platform brackets----I suspect its a bad idea but please let me know what you think.
I see a bunch of guys reccomend putting a strap overtop of the stern and i amy just resort to that.
Attached Images

Old 03-16-2013, 09:30 PM
MC Devotee

I think it would be a bad idea. It is only backed by small aluminum plates for each bolt. I think you would end up with gelcoat cracks.

I have retractable tie downs mounted on my propguard. The straps contact the boat, but I haven't noticed any scratches from any rubbing.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:24 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 MC Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Send a message via AIM to 88 PS190
how about a webbing to pull the angle differently on the straps?
Old 03-17-2013, 10:22 AM
TT Enthusiast

Thanks, I could not really see what reinforcement was there, seemed like it would be well reinforced if it was a tow point.
I have some 'soft straps' I use on the handlebar for my bike I have tried, still runs right over the bracket. If the boat is loaded perfectly, it's not bad.
I will try another look at the prop guard as a mount, JRW's boat looks perfect on the back.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:08 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Not precisely what you're looking for but here's what I did to accommodate...cut slots in the platform for access... spot on for my needs, however I do not have dual lights in the very back of my trailer frame.... my buckles are pretty much right below the transom eyelets.

Attached Images

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767