Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 03-02-2013, 10:53 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1996 PS 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
OK, to set the record straight. The finned rudder was the correction for the chime lock. The 4th fin was to improve tracking (I've never seen even a photo of a 98 that doesn't have 4 fins), the hydra rails were to soften the wake, and changing the wing angle on the rudder in 99 was prevent prop wash from being deflected back up into the wake. The 'safety issue' isn't there unless you have a 98 that has no fins on the rudder.

Over 700 hours on my boat with its fair share of slalom pulls and tight turns has yet to lock up on me. I've tried to get my boat to do it and can't. I wanted to see what happens so I know how to correct it. I've also talked with the guy that was driving the 98 when it did it and I don't think he was able to get it to do it again either.

I think Farmer Ted made a famous statement about shampoo on here once regarding this.
Thanks for setting the record straight, just seems to clarify the original debate that this hull needed multiple " fixes" to get it right and were not talking about taking a little bit off the rudder.This hull vintage has long been dismissed amongst most folks in the tournament scene but that doesn't make it a bad boat for the other 98% Same MC quality, same MC looks, boat just came up way short on performance compared to previous years. No doubt you and Hanse1 have absolutely stunning looking boats, probably the best looking boats MC produced in the nineties. I guess I just look at boats purely from a slalom perspective. So just like the 94 will go down as an epic slalom boat, the 98-01 will go down as an O.K. slalom boat shampoo or no shampoo.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:01 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 190,01, LT-1
That was the mod the did to try and get rid of the rooster tail at 22-28 off.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:27 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: mastercraft prostar 190 1992 w/powerslot
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikenskijerm View Post
Gorgeous boat! That is still one of the best looking MC's ever built IMHO.

Congrats!
I agree