Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Trailers

Old 05-28-2014, 11:00 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 08 X2
2007 MS-200 single axle trailer

Hey guys-need some help from the trailer experts.

I just purchased a 2007 MS-200 galvanized trailer. 6 lug pattern and I believe the rotors are 12". Wheel studs were evidently over torqued and sheared off-got new ones coming from some extensive research on the internet (reliable part ST-504). Just put the boat on it so i have no idea if the brake system is working or not? Any advice on testing in the driveway would really help!

Now that I am diving into the trailer maintenance figured I should probably do Calipers/Pads and maybe the actuator? I can make out the Calipers are Kodiak 225s, have no idea on rotors, and would love to know what bearings/seals are used on this trailer.

Actuator looks like a Reliable ACT-75???? Any advice on maintenance, part #s, Cross referencing, where to buy would be huge!! thanks in advance-

David
Old 05-28-2014, 12:46 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 230 VRS
To test the brakes hookup the trailer but don't connect your lights. Then try to back up. If the trailer protests your efforts to go back pretty vigorously then your brakes are working.
Old 05-28-2014, 04:30 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperline View Post
,,,,,,,,, Any advice on testing in the driveway would really help!

David
A visual examination for fluid in the reservoir first.

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 05-29-2014, 12:24 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 08 X2
fluid is full in reservoir--have the wheels off the trailer and when pushing and pulling the tongue (working the actuator) im getting no movement on calipers and is seems like not a lot of pressure on the master. Opened the bleeder on one of the wheels and nothings coming out--how far does the tongue move in and out and can it be worked by hand or do you need more force than just hand pressure? if i need a new master, can something be substituted for the reliable master or can it be rebuilt if need be? Thanks!
Old 05-29-2014, 01:04 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 230 VRS
I've never dealt with a Reliable actuator but the UFP has a hole on the bottom where you can stick a large flathead screwdriver to depress the plunger on the master cylinder for bleeding/testing purposes.