Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Trailers

Old 03-01-2017, 01:56 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1994 MasterCraft ProStar 190, 350 TBI, 1:1
Trailer and trailer part theft

Do you have direct knowledge of trailer or trailer part theft? If so, where did it happen?

I've thought about this in connection with wheels/tires (especially since I just put on new ones), Boat Buckle retractable transom straps, and the whole trailer. Now, I'm thinking about whether I should remove the nice Mastercraft shield spare tire cover I just purchased before I park the trailer at the public park with boat ramps I use regularly. It fits snugly but still could be removed in under a minute. The area is patrolled by county park rangers, but they can't see everything.

What's your experience? So far, I haven't had a problem, but I would have said the same thing about my residence before a guy renting next to me burglarized it in 2013 to support his drug habit.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:20 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 SANTE 220
When ever I put something new on like guide pads or boat buckles, I've worried about theft but never had a problem or heard of any.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:32 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1994 MasterCraft ProStar 190, 350 TBI, 1:1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
When ever I put something new on like guide pads or boat buckles, I've worried about theft but never had a problem or heard of any.
Which reminds me, I received some guide pads as a gift I haven't installed. Kinda figured I would install them as a finishing touch when the rest of the trailer was up to snuff, but that is something else that would be easy to grab.