Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 02-21-2013, 06:27 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1981 MasterCraft 351W slot
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
CENTCOM?
I'm a navy civilian fire fighter at Pensacola NAS, the cradle of Naval Aviation. We have whiting field which registers more takeoffs and landings per year than just about any where else and of course the Blue Angels.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:33 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
I can relate as I work in the DoD electronics private sector (designing cool things to protect our troops). The big wigs within our company are definately concerned which flows all the way down to each level eventually to the worker bees. I have written letters to all my reps, senators & the President to take necessary action ... along with about 20k co-workers across the USA. It's definately scarey times in this industry and has been for several years.

I agree, pull the plug on salaries of elected officials or chop them drastically and force them to use the same health care standards and benefits all of us working class people have... they would change their tune I would bet!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:06 AM
MC Master Poster

The Idiots In Charge want to be seen as "doing good things for our country", but NEVER seem to be able to see all of the ripples from what they do. They look at the budget and see that they can cut spending but forget about everything the now-closed facilities use, the people who are now out of work and won't be buying as much food, clothing, cars, entertainment, vacations or anything else. The affected retailers will have to cut their costs, the distributors will have to make changes, the manufacturers, their suppliers, farms, co-ops, farm implement suppliers, etc will all be affected.

I'd like to see the ripples from someone tapping one of those pinheads in the forehead with a ball peen hammer.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:51 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1994 PS 190 TBI
Obama is the one who "pushed" this situation beyond the election (for obvious reasons) and now he wants to shed the blame at this time. This guy is so "teflon" and I don't get it, any other pres. would be called on his crap. This guy just continues to spend us into oblivion and nobody will put the balme squarely where it belongs.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:30 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oskifreak View Post
Obama is the one who "pushed" this situation beyond the election (for obvious reasons) and now he wants to shed the blame at this time. This guy is so "teflon" and I don't get it, any other pres. would be called on his crap. This guy just continues to spend us into oblivion and nobody will put the balme squarely where it belongs.
You forgot about Slick Willy, didn't you?
Old 02-21-2013, 10:46 AM
MC Addict

Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1redTA View Post
I'm a navy civilian fire fighter at Pensacola NAS, the cradle of Naval Aviation. We have whiting field which registers more takeoffs and landings per year than just about any where else and of course the Blue Angels.
“These employees aren’t some fat cat bureaucrats in a plush Washington office,” he said. “They are the firefighters who safeguard our bases, the health-care professionals who treat injured soldiers in military hospitals, the mechanics who repair our tanks and planes, the logistics personnel who ensure supplies make it to our troops, the acquisition experts who prevent big defense contractors from ripping off taxpayers.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...y.html?hpid=z2

Mission essential personnel -- fire fighters, gate guards, etc. -- will probably stay on the job.

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190

Last edited by shepherd; 02-21-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:06 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd View Post
“These employees aren’t some fat cat bureaucrats in a plush Washington office,” he said. “They are the firefighters who safeguard our bases, the health-care professionals who treat injured soldiers in military hospitals, the mechanics who repair our tanks and planes, the logistics personnel who ensure supplies make it to our troops, the acquisition experts who prevent big defense contractors from ripping off taxpayers.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...y.html?hpid=z2
I'm sorry, but that part there is kind of funny. There will always be the good, the bad and the ugly. However I always seem to run into my share of the ugly when dealing with procurement folks inside the various government agencies.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:36 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: White/Red 91 PS 190
They're pulling the 188th Air National Guard A-10 Warthog unit out of Fort Smith, Arkansas soon and replacing it with a drone unit.... The whole area is raising hell over this. They're worried about how it will impact our economy.... I think it can rebound because the Drone Unit will need support personnel just like the A-10 Unit.

Quote:
Current status

In early 2012 the Air Force planned to realign the 188th Fighter Wing and replace its 20 A-10 aircraft, converting the 184th FS to operate the General Atomics MQ-1 Predator unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV). Currently the A-10 aircraft are slated for removal pending the NDAA not yet signed by President Obama.
Fort Smith, AR 188th. Air National Guard Aircraft 1962 to present

Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine
Old 02-22-2013, 12:23 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft ProStar 190 1988 351 Wheezer
Sub-Contractor for ship repair to the Defense Department, our shipyard is starting to look like a ghost town. All of us have received our WARN letters (letters telling us mass lay-off's are coming). Lots of maintenance/repairs will be left undone on our vessels, with so much conflict in the world at present time; this country is becoming more and more vulnerable.
Sent out emails to my local Federal politicians regarding Sequesration, received two back one from Yoho and one from Rubio......rubio came across as a complete clown writing back to me thanking me for my concern of Veteran care.
Spent a number of years in the Coast Guard flying as a crewmember doing search & rescue, when a storm was brewing there was a feeling of tension and excitement about going out there and saving lives........all I see on the news now is that there definitely a storm coming, however thinking this storm is leaving everyone with a feeling of helplessness and not being able to go out there and save those lives!
Old 02-22-2013, 12:47 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: White/Red 91 PS 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjracin240 View Post
Sub-Contractor for ship repair to the Defense Department, our shipyard is starting to look like a ghost town. All of us have received our WARN letters (letters telling us mass lay-off's are coming). Lots of maintenance/repairs will be left undone on our vessels, with so much conflict in the world at present time; this country is becoming more and more vulnerable.
Sent out emails to my local Federal politicians regarding Sequesration, received two back one from Yoho and one from Rubio......rubio came across as a complete clown writing back to me thanking me for my concern of Veteran care.
Spent a number of years in the Coast Guard flying as a crewmember doing search & rescue, when a storm was brewing there was a feeling of tension and excitement about going out there and saving lives........all I see on the news now is that there definitely a storm coming, however thinking this storm is leaving everyone with a feeling of helplessness and not being able to go out there and save those lives!
as I was reading that... I was thinking.... what fear did they put in us last month?
Oh yeah, it was the "Fiscal Cliff" fear
So, what's it gonna be next month?

Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine