Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 02-21-2013, 09:21 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: TBD
Yellow,
That's a clean design!

David
Old 02-21-2013, 09:44 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 91' MC 240sc
I used a spray lined sub box on the port side, directly behind the drivers seat.
We always set the cooler there anyway so there was no loss of space to put the speaker box with coolers on top. I used a piece of 2" aluminum angle to prevent coolers from sliding off the back.
Two 15" Kicker L7s bring the boom.

The smaller 205 may not have the freeboard mine does however.

Before upgrading, I used a pair of Kicker sealed marine boxes in the side pannels. The Comp speakers that came in it was weak, voice coil burned right through the dustcap. Upgraded to 10" CVR's with twice the power handling and noticeablly louder but nothing compared to the L7s.
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2013, 01:10 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 Tige RZ2, previously 99 MC205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow X9 View Post
Here's a custom Sub enclosure under the rear seat in my X9- holds 2 Kenwood Excelon 12" flat piston- No loss of space, leg room. i'll take an enclosure for a sub over IB sub, any day of the week.
I considered doing this but when we surf with my boat we usually remove the back seat and have some fat sacs sitting right there. Not sure if its a good idea to have a 450lb sac of water sitting on top of expensive electronic gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloop View Post
I used a spray lined sub box on the port side, directly behind the drivers seat.
We always set the cooler there anyway so there was no loss of space to put the speaker box with coolers on top. I used a piece of 2" aluminum angle to prevent coolers from sliding off the back.
Two 15" Kicker L7s bring the boom.

The smaller 205 may not have the freeboard mine does however.

Before upgrading, I used a pair of Kicker sealed marine boxes in the side pannels. The Comp speakers that came in it was weak, voice coil burned right through the dustcap. Upgraded to 10" CVR's with twice the power handling and noticeablly louder but nothing compared to the L7s.
Same thing as the back seat. When we set up to surf on the goofy side we have a big fat sac right behind the drivers seat. Using shallow mount subs in a box in the side panels is something i never considered but might be a possibility. I'm thinking under the dash by the kick panel is going to be easiest to do and make sound good.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:55 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft Maristar
I have my sub under the dash on the drivers side, both of my amps and my heater box are under the spotters seat, although there is still room for a sub under there if I chose. But it sounds great under the dash
Old 02-23-2013, 01:33 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 91' MC 240sc
I suspended them to the top of the gunwale. This retained full storage below and cone movement was not an issue. They just barely slid in.

Pair is for sale if interested....... $425. CVT upgraded speakers are 400w RMS instead of the Comps 150w. All original mounting hardware included.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:45 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloop View Post
I suspended them to the top of the gunwale. This retained full storage below and cone movement was not an issue. They just barely slid in.

Pair is for sale if interested....... $425. CVT upgraded speakers are 400w RMS instead of the Comps 150w. All original mounting hardware included.

Those might work but its definitely more than i want to spend on the sub. My plan is to just build my own box for a single 10. I don't want too much bass, just a little more thump in the music.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:36 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft X-9 05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retoxtony View Post
I considered doing this but when we surf with my boat we usually remove the back seat and have some fat sacs sitting right there. Not sure if its a good idea to have a 450lb sac of water sitting on top of expensive electronic gear.

Same thing as the back seat. When we set up to surf on the goofy side we have a big fat sac right behind the drivers seat. Using shallow mount subs in a box in the side panels is something i never considered but might be a possibility. I'm thinking under the dash by the kick panel is going to be easiest to do and make sound good.
I put additional sacks in the rear storage area
Old 02-26-2013, 10:12 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Pro Star 197 TT #58 of 100
My 197's sub is under the drivers dash.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:21 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow X9 View Post
I put additional sacks in the rear storage area
Us too. A 750 stays in the rear locker, that's why I can't use that space for a sub either.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:20 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1995 Mastercraft Maristar 200 VRS
I'm thinking of putting a sub under the driver seat dash as well, in my 95 Maristar v-drive, if anyone has a picture of their setup that would be helpful, thanks