Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 02-20-2013, 08:32 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: ER xstar
dont have any experience buying or getting anything serviced from them, but they brought the 2010 PWT boat with the tour truck to a winch contest put on through UT in knoxville, which makes them pretty cool in my book.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:43 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2010 Mastercraft X2
2010 Mastercraft X2

My boat come from there, even though I bought it from an individual a year after he bought it. The gas gauge didn't work and the guy in the service department worked it out to where my local dealer in Nashville could fix the problem and I didn't have to stay in Knoxville to wait for them to do it. You won't have any problems with them for sure!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:31 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 Mastercraft X-10
It is really great to read this thread and hear about a shop which is doing a great job for its customers and for the MC brand in general.

I sense my local dealer is also of similar quality here in Madison, but am new to the MC family. I'll let you know as time goes on.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:25 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2012 Mastercraft X-15 5.7 Liter Ilmor
Abc

The wife and I bought our X-15 from ABC last summer and they have been great. We had a couple small issues that were promptly resolved and I have been pleased all around with the experience.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:13 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: supra comp
ABC is the only dealer around that I would deal with
Old 02-20-2013, 05:41 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 x-45 8.1L
The reason I ask is because they said they would deliver it for the same amount I'd spend in gas to go get it. Also it would save me 2 solid days of driving. I relying on them being honest about everything about it. I think driving to would be well worth it though since I'd get to look at it behind me all the way home and ill need someone to show me how to use it. I'm sure it's a lot more complicated then my sea ray.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:13 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC 2002 X30
if they take the responsibilty for travel and possible damage I would have them deliver. I wish they were closer to the midwest, we need a dealer like that in our area. boat looks nice

I would also wait until our lakes are ready and do a water test with them
Old 02-21-2013, 09:22 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft X-30
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinBoatin View Post
The reason I ask is because they said they would deliver it for the same amount I'd spend in gas to go get it. Also it would save me 2 solid days of driving. I relying on them being honest about everything about it. I think driving to would be well worth it though since I'd get to look at it behind me all the way home and ill need someone to show me how to use it. I'm sure it's a lot more complicated then my sea ray.
There's going to be a lot of difference between your SeaRay and the MC but it's a short learning curve. When I moved from my Chap to the X-30 the hardest part for me was learning to drive an inboard with a prop that didn't move up/down or side-to-side. I would encourage you to find a calm open part of the water, drop a fender in the water and practice pulling up to it. You'll appreciate the practice when it comes time to pull up to a busy dock or boat ramp.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:39 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinBoatin View Post
I personally am not big on their business, but that is personal preference on my part.

To answer your concerns, I'd say they are as upfront as any other (dis)honest dealer. They have a fairly nice facility and seem to do business in volume, relative to a backyard operation. From what I see of them (as I live just down the road) I'd trust them to deliver for the same cost of $3.75 per gallon (gas) x X number of miles. Make then show you the math. Easy as that, considering you're not out two days of hard driving. I commuted from Knoxville (nearby) to Bloomington IL, weekly for 5 years. I know the drive. I'd have them bring it to the house for anything reasonablly close to the fuel bill. There is also a factor of say........ mmmmmm.. ~$250 for no wear and tear on your vehicle and an investment of your time otherwise.

What more can I say? Shall I go look this thing over for you? I mean, I'll send it your way unless it has a hole in the hull....

Yes they are a reputable and legitimate business in Knoxville....

The direct drive is different. Not complicated just different. You'll catch on quickly...

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 02-21-2013, 05:10 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: ER xstar
so... you're thinking about buying this boat sight unseen?

not personally something i would ever do. There are certain aspects that are important about a boat to me that might not be important to another person. Everyone's eye for detail is different too... if im throwing around that kind of money (or at least the commitment to pay that amount of money) than i'm going to check it out with my own eyes