Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 03-09-2013, 09:28 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Pro Star 197 TT #58 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by cewilkins View Post
I am in monticello Ga just a liltle above macon, I have been reading your post SWGA and it has gave me a lot of info, I just cant get over the cosmetis What are you goin do do about painting your boat ,How would you go about painting the bottom of the boat? I know I may be asking crazy questions to some of yall but Iam just trying to get my self prepared for what Iam bout to get into, I dont have alot of money but iam very mechanical inclined and have always been able to do just bout anything I set my mind to.
I'm in Augusta. You can flip them pretty easy.
Attached Images

Old 03-10-2013, 10:59 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1979 stars&Stripes
i just made a pattern for a couple of my stringers and dry fit them in place they look pretty good, i have a concern though, hope its normal, the stringers in my boat which were a guess factory, fall a little over a inch from the transom towards the bow . it looks like they would fall the other way. is yalls the same way?
Old 03-10-2013, 02:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Not a MasterCraft
Quote:
i just made a pattern for a couple of my stringers and dry fit them in place they look pretty good, i have a concern though, hope its normal, the stringers in my boat which were a guess factory, fall a little over a inch from the transom towards the bow . it looks like they would fall the other way. is yalls the same way?
Hmmm...mine was level but my floor had been replaced.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:19 PM
TT Newbie

Making some progress weather has sucked around here . Will have more pics up saturday, ?? What are the tubes or should I say cylinders that the speedo tubes run into and out that are mounted on the transom, And should I do anything to them?
Old 03-29-2013, 07:21 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Making some progress weather has sucked around here . Will have more pics up saturday, ?? What are the tubes or should I say cylinders that the speedo tubes run into and out that are mounted on the transom, And should I do anything to them?
They are pressure tubes that equalize the pressure to the speedo's...
Old 03-30-2013, 01:53 PM
TT Newbie

Is ther any maintnace on the pressure tubes? And also the bracket that holds the sterring cables before they attach to the ruder mine was mounted to the stringer I see others mounted to the hull, Will I be ok by reataching it to the stringer?
Old 03-30-2013, 03:47 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Not a MasterCraft
Quote:
Is ther any maintnace on the pressure tubes? And also the bracket that holds the sterring cables before they attach to the ruder mine was mounted to the stringer I see others mounted to the hull, Will I be ok by reataching it to the stringer?
Good question. My steering cabel mount was mounted to the stringerl also. I thought about relocating to hull to avoid putting more holes in the stringers, but haven't made up my mind. We will see what others think. How far along are you with your grinding and stringers. I did some more grinding yesterday and have the right side of the boat 99% done and about half of the left side to complete. I am hoping by next weekend to be glassing in the new transom.

What did you ever decide about the floor? Go back with factory incline or install level?

Ansley
Old 04-01-2013, 04:10 PM
TT Newbie

SWGA, I am done with right side stringers 90% done with left I have one more day left with fiberglassing then another on transom, I went back how my old stringers were it was really a decline from transom to bo I hope that wasent a mistake but ther glassed in now. I also decided that I am going to go with a bcx ply wood just cant see spending the money on marine ply when iam just gona cover it with carpet, How is your swim platform? mine is a lilttle rough gona make the best I can with it though till next year . Then try to get a teke one
Old 04-01-2013, 04:31 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
Looking good. You will have a lot of blood sweat and tears in this when completed with an extremely high sense of satisfaction. Can't wait to see the finished product.

If the stringers get higher going aft, then when the engine is in and it is sitting in the water, would it be level?
Old 04-01-2013, 08:44 PM
TT Newbie

That is what Iam hoping for CC2MC, But they for sure decline just a little over an inch from transom towards bow!