Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 02-17-2013, 11:40 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
LMFAO @ at Rockman having a world record boat and pics being taken.

I get the how was the fishing, what did you catch ?'s. I also get how big is the engine and how fast will she go.

My favorite question.

Is that a 2007-2008 model?

No it's a '93 and 20 years old.

Oh well that is a real old boat then, it looks brand new.

Thank you for the complement.....

2nd favorite question coming from ski boat owners.

Ok, I have got to ask, how many subwoofers do you have in the bow of that Mastercraft?

I say just 1 JL w6 12" sub.

There is no way. That boat hits too hard for just a single 12"

Show them and they are in shock. Then their wife says NO you can't do that to ours after they get the idea of cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 02-18-2013, 08:23 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Nautique 210 2011 PCM EX343
Took my old ski supreme during the darly 90's to a cousins starter and gernerator shop for a changing problem. Most days we took the back seat out for more room, and it was out this day as well. My cousins comment was " that's a pretty nice boat, but the damn thing only has two seats !
Old 02-18-2013, 08:37 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 197TT #58
When I anounced I was getting a new boat "are you getting a bigger one?"
Old 02-18-2013, 09:17 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
We were getting gas in the BF200 at a BP in a small town one Saturday morning in the summer and we went into the little store area to get some ice and snacks for the kids...when we came out, there were people standing around the side of the boat taking pictures, etc.

When we got closer to the boat, people started asking for our autographs and asked if we were going to be on any of the lakes in the area during the day...we had no clue what was going on...then someone asked which world records our boat pulled...???

On the back sides of the boat, we have the stickers "World Record Ski Boat"...so to say the least, we were all celebrities for 10 minutes!
Old 02-18-2013, 09:25 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
I get the "how fast" question all the time, and the "is it a fishing boat" because of how low slung it is. I just tell them no, it's not a fishing boat, and it's really not that fast, but if they run out of gas and need a tow in, I'll bring them to the dock at 43mph.... with their boat in tow.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:09 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 91' MC 240sc
"Are those lights bright?" as they point to my pair of WS485.
--- No, they are really loud though

"I bet that thing is fast" assuming my closed bow is a performance boat.
--- No, this is an inboard ski boat, think of it like a truck that can turn like a sports car and backs like a...(fill in your stereo typical bad driver anology.)

Last edited by bsloop; 02-18-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:02 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
The dumbest comments I get unbelievably come from my dad.

“How many skiers can it pull?”

“I never tested it”

“My Sea Ray was very powerful and could pull 4 skiers at the same time...”

(Note: it was a 4 cylinder 170 hp)

====

More from my dad:

“What engine does your boat have?”

“Ford 351”

“Is that a V8?”

“Yes...”

“How fast can it go?”

“46...”

“That’s not so fast, my Sea Ray could do 42...”

“My boat is designed for skiing, not going fast...”

“So was the Sea Ray...”

“Dad, people couldn’t drive the Sea Ray in a straight line when I was skiing behind it...”

====

My boat could go on the ocean...”

“Dad, it takes a lot more than a closed cooling system to make a boat ocean worthy... Plus, if you took that tiny 18” boat outside the intercoastal waterway, you’d sink the SOB...”

“That’s not true!”

“OK, Whatever dad... “

=====

“How big is your boat?”

20’5”

“My Sea Ray was 19...”

“No, it was 17’8” and called 18”...

Dad goes digging through his hoarder pile of papers to see if he saved the 1981 Sea Ray model catalog...

======

And this crap goes on and on... And not just about boats... It applies to cars and beaches too...

Trying to convince my dad that there are better boats than his 81 Sea Ray and that there are better more beautiful beaches that Varadero Beach in Cuba is like turning on a desk fan on high, peeing into it and trying to avoid getting pee splashed all over you...

MC

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 02-18-2013, 11:09 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2010 Mastercraft X2
My Favorite

I was only about 20+ years old right out of school and bought a new 21ft Marada cabin cruiser, back then a 21ft boat was a pretty big boat. I was at the gas station putting in premium gas in my new boat which was empty and the guy pumping gas beside me says wow I love this boat as he is walking into pay for his gas. That is the prettiest boat I've even seen, at this time I may have about 12 dollars in gas in it, on his way out of the store it was up to around $97.00 in gas and as he walked back by to get in his car he looked at the pump and said no way I would own that boat and got in his car and left. I still laugh about it to this day his facial expression when he seen the amount on the pump was priceless!
Old 02-18-2013, 11:36 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
Trying to convince my dad that there are better boats than his 81 Sea Ray and that there are better more beautiful beaches that Varadero Beach in Cuba is like turning on a desk fan on high, peeing into it and trying to avoid getting pee splashed all over you...

MC
Good one.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:03 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelerd View Post
Good one.
My dad's 81 sea ray with his 4 cyl 170 HP upgraded mercruiser outdrive (he'd make sure to let u know that was an upgrade from the stock OMC) and closed cooling system was the best boat ever produced and better than any boat on this or any other forum...

I only wish he’d have been able to take it from Miami to Havana...

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...