Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 02-18-2013, 09:45 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft X-Star
Take a look at the O'Neill Checkmate comp vest. Not Coast Guard Approved, but it is without a doubt the most comfortable vest I've ever used. It sheds water.

http://www.oneill.com/#/men/europe/c..._1/brite_blue/
Old 02-18-2013, 10:05 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1993 Stars & Stripes Prostar 190 351 285 hp
The Straightline NCGA vest retains zero water and you hardly know it's on...until you fall on your ribs. I still use it, but am only a 32 mph 15 off skier.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:13 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1994 PS 190 TBI
I bought the Oneil Outlaw Comp vest and it was delivered today. Like the style but the fit concerns me. The vest seems small. I am 6'1" and 172lbs and I have had a large vest prior. The new Outlaw seems not only tight in the chest but short in the waist. I like a vest on the "tight side" and sinch the chest straps tight when I ski. Will the vest "relax", or should I order xl? Review (only one) said they run true to size and my chest size is 42. Large is supposed to be 40-44.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:42 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
It ought to loosen up in the water. The Eagle vests are the same way.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:51 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 19Skier
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oskifreak View Post
I bought the Oneil Outlaw Comp vest and it was delivered today. Like the style but the fit concerns me. The vest seems small. I am 6'1" and 172lbs and I have had a large vest prior. The new Outlaw seems not only tight in the chest but short in the waist. I like a vest on the "tight side" and sinch the chest straps tight when I ski. Will the vest "relax", or should I order xl? Review (only one) said they run true to size and my chest size is 42. Large is supposed to be 40-44.
it will relax once you get it wet and after a few wears, I have a medium that was similarly tight to begin now it fits just nice!
Old 03-21-2013, 11:01 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19_Skier View Post
it will relax once you get it wet and after a few wears, I have a medium that was similarly tight to begin now it fits just nice!
Eagles are sized a bit smaller than other vests I have owned. I have an XL and it is very tight on land, and a bit less so in the water. I have ordered an XXL until I lose this winter weight.

XL is up to a 44" chest. I'm somewhere in between a 44" and 46" chest.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:21 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 19Skier
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
Eagles are sized a bit smaller than other vests I have owned. I have an XL and it is very tight on land, and a bit less so in the water. I have ordered an XXL until I lose this winter weight.

XL is up to a 44" chest. I'm somewhere in between a 44" and 46" chest.
yeah, I had to order an XL in the heater top from eagle because of how small their stuff fits! I'm not an overly big guy so when I asked the salesman about their sizing he said most of what they do is custom because of the smaller sizes.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:27 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 Mastercraft 209 Sammy Duvall
How is the flotation on a eagle?
Old 03-21-2013, 02:34 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: between boats
I wouldn't size up the Outlaw vest, give it a couple of skis and it will fit like a glove. If you upsize it will still break in and you'll really have to torque on the straps but the vest will still end up a little loose.

I know what you mean about the length, it is shorter than some of the other vests out on the market but it never gave me an issue on the water (or in the air). I had an older Wet Tech comp vest that was longer but I always ended up liking the outlaw better.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:42 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft X14 w/ LY6
I have been looking at the Eagle Ghost Rider. With them fitting small, would you recommend I still order the same size as my other vests?