Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Old 05-06-2016, 03:35 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 X2
2000 ProStar 195 - NC

I read lots of posts on here..."Have to sell the boat, new baby on the way!"

My awesome wife says, "Now with three kids we need a bigger boat!"

This is our 2000 ProStar 195. We purchased it 3 years ago and have put on about 60-70 hours in that time frame. We love the boat but we will have 3 kids and our friends are all prodigious breeders as well so we need something bigger.

Here are the stats:
  • 335 Hours
  • 5.7L Predator TBI - 310 HP
  • 1:1 Transmission
  • MC Trailer
  • OJ CNC 13x11.5 3-blade Prop
  • Upgraded speakers, head unit, and remote
  • Bimini
  • Full storage cover in great shape
  • Comes with: Extra prop, two trailer fenders (one perfect shape, one with damage from PO's blown tire)
  • Always stored in climate controlled garage or storage unit (both PO and me)

Gel-coat/Hull: Overall in great shape. There are a couple of surface scratches from docking that would probably come right out with compounding. At the bow eye, the worn Boat Buddy has put some light gouges and rubber crud on the hull. No damage at all to bottom, never been beached to my knowledge.

Interior: This has the infamous early 2000s MC Vinyl, so the back seat is very worn and the sun deck/storage pads are starting to show wear but no rips. The rest of the interior is pleasantly intact, stain free and holding together really well. I 303 it regularly. Also upgraded to SS cupholders, new glovebox latch.

Electronics: Everything on the boat functions correctly. Has red LED strips for courtesy lights under the gunwales, everything else is stock. No PP or speed control. Has a depth finder gauge. I upgraded the speakers to Polk DB651s (4 of them), the head unit to a Clarion M303 and the drivers remote to a Clarion MW2 and USB input.

Engine/Trans: Never given me an issue, only had to change oil and transmission fluid once since we've owned the boat, and no problems were found there. Fires right up every time. Did not winterize since it was stored in a garage, but we take the boat out at least once a month to the lake to keep the gas fresh and engine lubricated.

Platform: Platform is intact, recently added new SS screws (my old ones backed out and I almost lost the platform!) One of the brackets is cracked from encountering rough waves; since they are aluminum the welding shop won't touch them without removing from the boat, and I haven't seen the crack get any worse.

Trailer: Structurally sound but could use some TLC. Had to replace the fender and it is missing the side lights, boat buddy is worn but functional, bunk carpet still covers the entire bunk but there is a small chunk taken out of one of the bunks...again, never bothered me enough to replace. Tires are on the older side but we only trailer 4 miles to the lake and back so we haven't replaced them. Has quick release straps installed with SS lag bolts to the trailer. I still have the damaged right fender as well as a perfect left fender (thanks Jayhawk) that I will provide with the sale.

Tried to be as up front as possible with the boat...it's a great boat and open bow ski boats in this price range are hard to find.

$15,500 OBO, PM me or email longjasonm {at} gmail {dot} com for more information and more pictures.
Attached Images

Last edited by JMLVMI; 05-23-2016 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Hours
Old 05-06-2016, 03:40 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Prostar 195 - LTR, ZeroFlex Tower
Great boat, I have the same one. Priced fairly too.
Old 05-07-2016, 11:34 PM
MC Devotee

*crickets* Guess it's still early May. Figured there would be a little more discussion
Old 05-08-2016, 05:13 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: N/A
Very nice boat...I never owned a MasterCraft nor any boat for that matter but grew up around boats since I was in 6th grade. Then I spent 21 years in the U.S. Navy and now live near lake Monroe (biggest lake in Indiana). We (wife and I) spent about 6 days on the lake last year and I can't believe that it has been 10 years since I have been landlocked here in Indiana but after last summer I have the fever and am looking at buying a boat. My garage is 20'6"s long, think your boat will fit? With trailer obviously.
Old 05-08-2016, 05:25 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2001 Prostar 205V. 1982 S&S Powerslot (sold).
Great looking boat! Low hours and well maintained. You have a very attractive price on it. It will sell quickly. Give it a week or two. It's poor etiquette for most guys to ask his wife if he can buy a boat on Mothers' Day Weekend. My bet is it will be sold before Memorial Day.
Is the MC on the other side of the dock your new one?
Old 05-08-2016, 05:49 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaff View Post
Great looking boat! Low hours and well maintained. You have a very attractive price on it. It will sell quickly. Give it a week or two. It's poor etiquette for most guys to ask his wife if he can buy a boat on Mothers' Day Weekend. My bet is it will be sold before Memorial Day.
Is the MC on the other side of the dock your new one?
I appreciate it

No, just happened to park next to a Maristar 245 while at Smith Mountain Lake a couple of years ago. Working on an '07 X2 as our next step
Old 05-08-2016, 05:57 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '07 X45 LY6
Post more pictures. You know these people love pictures. It will be sold before you know it. GLWS!

You look like I need a beer!
2001 Prostar 195 Sold
2011 Ski Nautique 200 Current
2007 X45 LY6 Current
Old 05-08-2016, 05:57 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '07 X45 LY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon-Indiana View Post
Very nice boat...I never owned a MasterCraft nor any boat for that matter but grew up around boats since I was in 6th grade. Then I spent 21 years in the U.S. Navy and now live near lake Monroe (biggest lake in Indiana). We (wife and I) spent about 6 days on the lake last year and I can't believe that it has been 10 years since I have been landlocked here in Indiana but after last summer I have the fever and am looking at buying a boat. My garage is 20'6"s long, think your boat will fit? With trailer obviously.
Yes it will fit.

You look like I need a beer!
2001 Prostar 195 Sold
2011 Ski Nautique 200 Current
2007 X45 LY6 Current
Old 05-08-2016, 06:16 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: N/A
I sent an e-mail to your posted (personal) address but does not look like you seen it yet. Feel free to call either number on the e-mail that I sent to that gmail account.
Michael
Old 05-08-2016, 07:18 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon-Indiana View Post
I sent an e-mail to your posted (personal) address but does not look like you seen it yet. Feel free to call either number on the e-mail that I sent to that gmail account.

Michael

Got your email and replied. Thanks!