Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 02-13-2013, 12:40 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Mc x-25 2013 6.0
Send a message via AIM to Bambamski1
new x-10

well it finally happened, my wife and i found a boat that we both really liked, the new x-10. The only issue is i'm always disappointed with the wake on all the new x series boats that i thought would work for us. I currently own a 2005 x-2 (ps205 hull), and before that i owned a 2001 x-10 and before that i owned a 225 maristar. We traded the x-10 in for the x-2 because well, i loved the wake on the 205. i like the shape and i like the straight up kick it gives you when you hit it. For me, it's the best wake ever made and i don't have to add 3000 lbs before i ride it.

All i've ever wanted from Mastercraft is for them to build me a boat that is slightly bigger, has a deeper cockpit with some more seating then my present boa.t. Oh and most importantly has the same type of wake as my 205 hull. I don't want to offend anyone, but the current x-2 doesn't do it for me, not a fan of the wakeboard wake, the surf wake is pretty darn good though. I have two friends that have the xstar, and stock ballast it reminds me of my old larson until you add 2500-3000 lbs more weight over stock then and only then does it get rideable (still don't like the shape). You can't surf behind it though on the starboard side, port side isn't that much better in my opinion. A buddy picked up the x-15 last year and it just isn't what i'm looking for.

My boss bought a x-25 and loves it. I didn't get a chance to ride behind it last year but I'm afraid that because of the size of the boat you'd have to add the same kind of weight as the xstar. But I don't have any experience with it so i don't know for sure. Size matters, as in my garage. I store my boat in my garage over the summer so the x-25 could very well be too big. My boss was saying you also have to account for the surf tabs when you're thinking about the length. My 205 fits in the garage at an angle and gives me about 18 inches to squeeze by the garage door.

hence my interest in the new x-10. it would still fit, and it gives me some extra seating and i love the way the back seat folds like the new xstar so people in the boat can watch the rider. surf wake, i'm sure is great. I can't find anyone that has ridden behind it though(wakeboard). i talked to Andrew at the boat show, and he said he's only ridden behind it once and it really didn't have any weight other then stock ballast. so he really couldn't give an honest opinion of the wake and he couldn't tell me if it would compare to my 205.

Does anyone have any experience with the new x-10? i'm in canada so the earliest i could demo would be May, order wouldn't be till July. so it might have to wait a year as i don't want to be without a boat till then! unless i get a bunch of people on this forum that could tell me that yes indeed MC basically made a boat that finally replaces the 205!

thanks, and i don't want to offend anyone, boats are personal preference and there are sizes and shapes that work for everyone.

thanks
Old 02-13-2013, 01:17 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambamski1 View Post
Does anyone have any experience with the new x-10? i'm in canada so the earliest i could demo would be May, order wouldn't be till July. so it might have to wait a year as i don't want to be without a boat till then! unless i get a bunch of people on this forum that could tell me that yes indeed MC basically made a boat that finally replaces the 205!

thanks, and i don't want to offend anyone, boats are personal preference and there are sizes and shapes that work for everyone.

thanks
Hey neigbo(u)r. Can't help you on the X10 as I don't have first hand knowlege but supposedly it's the cat's meow to replace the X1 and X15. Your post does makes me glad though that I have my 05 X2.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:40 AM
TT Regular

Boat: X10 2013
Same here, just bought a '13 x10 but won t be able to try it 'till may! It's my first MB so i hope it gives me what i' m looking for!!! The wake was my biggest issue, i want to be able to ride with my wife and kids without having to put to much additionnal weight(surf that is). Can t wait for summer to arrive!!! See you guys!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:23 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: ER xstar
honestly, if you like the 205V the X25 is for you - wake is very steep, and when i rode it we had 14 people in the boat + stock and it was excellent. you wont find many people absolutely slamming x25's as the wake with 1000lbs over factory is amazing.
definitely the best stock wake i've ever ridden.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:54 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X10, 6.2L, Navy and Grey
Sounds like a number of folks on here in the same boat.

I ordered a '13 X-10 as well, and unfortunately can't demo either (same issue with Canadian winters). Speaking with the dealer, the X-10 seemed to be the right boat - wakesurfing first, skiing second for us. I too have garage size concerns, and the 10 just fits.

Everything I've managed to see/read about it over the couple months I was looking point to it being an awesome surf boat, bringing a similar wake to the X-30 in a slightly smaller boat.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:30 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 x2
same situation 2004 x2 looking for new a 10/25/30.i like the 10 and it could work for me as i don't need a huge boat.at the dallas boat show base price was only 4k more for the 30 than the 10 i know that shouldn't matter to me but really makes me think resale on the 30 would be much better however i know u said it needs to fit in your garage.like you tho id regret selling a boat with a great wakeboard wake to get a boat that does a few things good so I'd really like to know how the wakeboard wake is also.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:02 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: NA
If you like the 205v wakeboard wake, then the X-25 is the boat for you. If you are a skier, then you will have to give up one or the other.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:16 PM
TT Enthusiast

I only got 1 set behind a x-25 with factory ballast and 6 peeps but it sure seemed fairly similar to the late 2000 stars wake to me? Or am I sadly mistaken? The star I have ridden is loaded with about 2k over factory. Is the 205 wake more narrow and thats what you don't like? I think the star wake is really nice and the x-25 was pretty fun too but I think it needs that extra 1-2k ballast to be really fun.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:53 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200 SS, 2006, 5.7L Crusader
Spent about 15 minutes inside an X-10 at the boat show. I thought that this would most likely be the next boat for our family in a few years. I think capacity wise it's rated at 14 vs. 11 of my current X-2. I was expecting it to feel quite a bit bigger than it did. The bow seemed small compared to the pickle fork of my X-2. I don't spend much time in the bow so I really needed to have my wife and kids there to chime in on the difference. I'm sure the cockpit area is larger, but without having a few more people in the boat it felt pretty much the same. After seeing the relatively small difference in price between the X-10 and X-30 I'd probably be looking at the X-30 instead. Hopefully, I'll have the chance to demo both this summer with my family to get an impression of how much larger the X-10 is compared to our X-2. The convertible rear seat was pretty cool and the ease of lowering the tower (ZFT4) was another nice feature. Of course the interior was very nice as well. Not sold on the touch screen systems as I think they will just be a headache down the road-sounds like they were happy about the switch from Medallion to Murphy. I asked the dealer if he had driven and X-10 yet and he said that they hadn't dropped one in the water yet. He said that he'd heard the X-10 has a great surf wake, but hadn't ridden it yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will be an X-10 & X-30 to demo this summer when my dealer hauls boats up to my lake.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 x2
i agree the 10 wasn't that much larger