Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 02-12-2013, 06:10 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X30, 6L
Which motor did you go with...details...options...
Old 02-12-2013, 06:23 PM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFourty View Post
I am certainly planning on it!! I missed it last year, but I definitely want to get there this year.

Did you end up getting there last year? I felt bad, because Thalia had asked me to pull some surfing in the AM, and I had to cancel last minute.
No regretfully I have not been since the first reunion there. Hopefully she will have one again this year and I'll bring the '93 Limited.
Best of luck with the X-star, and if we do run into each other there I'll be sure and bring my board for a set....I'd love to try out that wake!
Old 02-12-2013, 06:24 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2014 X30 with a lightly tickled LS7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KahunaCraft View Post
Which motor did you go with...details...options...
Went crazy...... 7.4l. Still seems weird that it will have a small block 454.

Tower Speakers, Forward lights, Rear Lights, Amp, and Mirror (PTM Edge) are coming from my last boat. (Saved almost $8k from doing that) Its crazy to think that stuff costs that much, and is worth next to nothing when u get rid of it. 10k in options reduced to 2k in 2 years..... Rest of the boat holds its value, tower options fall like crazy.

ZFT5p
Heater
Heated Seats
Shower
Amp and Sub + 6 cabin speakers
Underwater Lights
Hydraulic Steering
Bow Filler

Think that is about it....
Old 02-12-2013, 06:27 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseydave View Post
No regretfully I have not been since the first reunion there. Hopefully she will have one again this year and I'll bring the '93 Limited.
Best of luck with the X-star, and if we do run into each other there I'll be sure and bring my board for a set....I'd love to try out that wake!

Would be happy to satisfy your curiousity!! Hope you can make it this year!

I am sure they will have it again....
Old 02-12-2013, 06:39 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X45
Quote:
Went crazy...... 7.4l. Still seems weird that it will have a small block 454.

Tower Speakers, Forward lights, Rear Lights, Amp, and Mirror (PTM Edge) are coming from my last boat. (Saved almost $8k from doing that) Its crazy to think that stuff costs that much, and is worth next to nothing when u get rid of it. 10k in options reduced to 2k in 2 years..... Rest of the boat holds its value, tower options fall like crazy.

ZFT5p
Heater
Heated Seats
Shower
Amp and Sub + 6 cabin speakers
Underwater Lights
Hydraulic Steering
Bow Filler

Think that is about it....
Only $10k more than an X25 and $15k more than an X30? Not sure I'm seeing that based on your options list. Care to expand on your pricing comparison?
Old 02-12-2013, 07:06 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelgrad View Post
Only $10k more than an X25 and $15k more than an X30? Not sure I'm seeing that based on your options list. Care to expand on your pricing comparison?
When I decided to get a 2013, I had them price an X25, X30, and an Xstar. All with the same options (all the options that I actually ordered on the XStar), and all with the 6.2l. If I remember exactly, the Xstar was $9800 more than the X25, and $15,400 more than the X30.

Being as I went with the 7.4l, the star was about $14k more than the X25 would have been with a 6.2l, and about $19k more than a X30 w/6.2.....

I should also note- If we were talking about low optioned boats, the gap would increase, as the Xstar comes with quite a bit standard. (The pro package stuff is standard on the Star. ZFT4, Sub, Tracking fins, Touchscreens, etc)
Old 02-12-2013, 07:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X45
Quote:
When I decided to get a 2013, I had them price an X25, X30, and an Xstar. All with the same options (all the options that I actually ordered on the XStar), and all with the 6.2l. If I remember exactly, the Xstar was $9800 more than the X25, and $15,400 more than the X30.

Being as I went with the 7.4l, the star was about $14k more than the X25 would have been with a 6.2l, and about $19k more than a X30 w/6.2.....

I should also note- If we were talking about low optioned boats, the gap would increase, as the Xstar comes with quite a bit standard. (The pro package stuff is standard on the Star. ZFT4, Sub, Tracking fins, Touchscreens, etc)
sounds like your dealer stepped up quite a bit pricewise, which is huge for you. i haven't heard of the star being on the low end of the price spectrum. kudos to you that you were able to get them down in price.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:22 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X30, 6L
Nicely done. Good call to migrate the options, saves on depreciation.

I'd like some video's of flyby's if you don't mind. I'd like to hear that thing howl...

Nice write up on the motor...incredible.

http://features.boats.com/boat-conte...oves-for-2012/
Old 02-12-2013, 07:34 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelgrad View Post
sounds like your dealer stepped up quite a bit pricewise, which is huge for you. i haven't heard of the star being on the low end of the price spectrum. kudos to you that you were able to get them down in price.
Because of my troubles with the '12 X25, the dealer stuck to their cost on the upgrade. Basically, they had no margin in the new boat. So, when it came to the upcharge for the new boat, it was done based on dealer cost.

Some dealers might be trying to get a higher margin on an Xstar (which makes sense). However, when it came down to actual dealer cost, that was the price difference between them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KahunaCraft View Post
Nicely done. Good call to migrate the options, saves on depreciation.

I'd like some video's of flyby's if you don't mind. I'd like to hear that thing howl...

Nice write up on the motor...incredible.

http://features.boats.com/boat-conte...oves-for-2012/
I will see if I can take care of that this summer! I have heard that it sounds very mean.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:34 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X10, 6.2L, Navy and Grey
Who did you talk to/email to get hooked up with the build photos? My X-10 is going through production in the next 6 weeks, would love to be treated to this along the way!

Boat looks sick! Wish we could handle an X-Star at our lake!