Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 02-10-2013, 09:31 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X2
Personal photo album

OK gang, im sure someone here can help me.

I need an online photo album. Something private, no ads ( i dont mind paying of course) easy to use and first of all easy to navigate.

I used to use facebook long time ago and they started to ad stuff and privacy and bla bla bla i,m not in FB no more.
I used to use the one that comes with my Spot account and they transition to a new platform that i do mot like anymore.

I like to organize my folders by months or trips or events.

Anything on the $150 range a year is acceptable.

Suggestion?

Thanks
Old 02-10-2013, 10:09 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 91 Prostar 190 - 454HO
Ive been using photobucket for years. I used the pay version for a while, but switched back to the free account about a year ago
Old 02-10-2013, 10:10 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 Mastercraft X-15
Dropbox may work for you. It's more for file sharing but you could use it for pictures.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:03 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Google has Picasa, or something spelled similar. But I also found that backing up my entire system with Carbonite I can view my files and pictures like an online photo album. $60 a year.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 02-10-2013, 11:33 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
Google has Picasa, or something spelled similar. But I also found that backing up my entire system with Carbonite I can view my files and pictures like an online photo album. $60 a year.
I use picasa for photo sharing and backblaze for a total online backup. Unfortunately, carbonite won't back up external hard drives, at least on the basic plan. Backblaze is unlimited for about $5 per month.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:15 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: White/Red 91 PS 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin Flyer View Post
OK gang, im sure someone here can help me.

I need an online photo album. Something private, no ads ( i dont mind paying of course) easy to use and first of all easy to navigate.

I used to use facebook long time ago and they started to ad stuff and privacy and bla bla bla i,m not in FB no more.
I used to use the one that comes with my Spot account and they transition to a new platform that i do mot like anymore.

I like to organize my folders by months or trips or events.

Anything on the $150 range a year is acceptable.

Suggestion?

Thanks
don't overlook walmart.com.... I know it sounds weird... but I upload customer's party pics there, share the link with them... they save what they want, buy what they want.... I don't take the pictures of parties for profit.

my preference:
Also, look into FTP, Domain type stuff..... probably the cheapest, route... I think I pay $79.00 a year for my webspace, domain, sub-domains, etc. through godaddy (there's others) they give me 200 gig of space to FTP into... I've got movies, pictures, software, documents, you name it stored there.
I added FireFTP to my Mozilla Firefox and just transfer files to and from, using that. Since 2010, I've used about 50 gig of that space.
Also, I use XnView (A free webpage photo utility) that works with folders and creates the thumbnails, html code and everything with just a couple clicks.... set it and forget it.

I can have a party's pics of 300+ photos online in under 15 minutes from the time I offload from camera, create webpage, to upload and go live online.

I'd be glad to send you some links in PM, if interested

Was just looking.... I've still got Doug's Prop Shoot-Out pics he gave me for testing he did on a couple props back in 06.... I don't have the webpage in proper structure anymore because I changed domains, but the pictures made it through the change over.
so, basically that's 7 years??? that file folder was 6mb

Edit:
and then if you didn't care to create and maintain a webpage with new additions..... you could create a blog somewhere and share that blog with family, friends, co-workers, etc, update your pictures with FTP, then copy and paste your latest link in your blog....

it's just a way of keeping a running list of your folders because you mentioned "I like to organize my folders by months or trips or events."

bada bing, bada boom, you're done!

Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine

Last edited by milkmania; 02-10-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:44 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: White/Red 91 PS 190
here's one from 2009
http://www.therideinstyle.com/longhorn/thumb.html

Airshow 2011
http://www.therideinstyle.com/airshow2011/

with XnView utility, you can create several different style of webpages with very minimal clicks
http://www.therideinstyle.com/baseball/

built a page for a lady friend's puppy..... she came to me a year or so later asking if I still had the pics because the dog had died.... I got brownie points
http://www.therideinstyle.com/bear/thumb.html

son Muddin' back in 2009
http://www.therideinstyle.com/muddin/thumb.html

Son's (#22) Undefeated Football Season (iPhone pics I grabbed and threw up on page and shared links to parents)
http://www.therideinstyle.com/undefeated/thumb.html

You get my point...... these files and webpages are documented for years, not on my hard drive, but on Godaddy's that's got many back up systems in place.

Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine

Last edited by milkmania; 02-10-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:58 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
You night want to look at shutterfly.com. It's free. Good of for sharing albums online. They make their money by people ordering prints. Not a good backup because you can not get the full image resolution back by downloading the file.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:45 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X2
Wow, thats some info!!
ThAnks im on it
Old 02-11-2013, 09:38 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 X30 LTR
i use smugmug. you can purchase different levels. i like it since there are no ads and i can customize who has access to the pics and password protect them. i take lots of pictures of other peoples kids while i am shooting my own kids during their games. i post them so the other parents can see them. they can download the full rez jpeg (no raw capability) or order prints. i could charge them for the prints if i wanted. for me the password protection was key as i don't want some pervert downloading pics of my or other folks kids. there's also a nice plugin for aperture that lets you port the pics directly into your smugmug account.