Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 02-11-2013, 08:05 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjen View Post
This should probably be the ebay thread but thought I would stick it here, belong to anyone on this forum?

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ455735837
Just 1 1/2 hours down the highway from me! Wonder who's it is? Price is decent (although I paid less for mine last fall.)
Old 02-11-2013, 11:00 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft X1 2006 310HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footin View Post
Beatiful boats, make me want to sell the 205 and get a 205V or X1.
Yeah, I love mine. Have looked at everything else MC makes, tempted by the X14V but I think my X1 is perfection for me.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:10 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft X2 2003 mcx
Quote:
Originally Posted by VP46 View Post
I hear you RE: Mastercraft decal, I too like that look. That said, I have been struggling with what to do with mine... leave the decal, remove it, or change it. I think there may be some merit to leaving it bone stock.

(I just bought in July last season so have had all winter to think about it and I am no closer to a decision)

My wife cares less... need someone to care! What do you guys think?

I think in your situation.The stock decal looks great.

Love your colors.

"Was it over when the German's bombed pearl harbor ?"
---Animal house
Old 02-12-2013, 01:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 X1
Might be one of the last 205V's made, a 2011 X1 made January of '11. I only got 10 hours on it last year (bought it as a leftover in August), looking forward to a great first full season with a towboat.
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2013, 05:13 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2004 Prostar205v
Here is mine. All red 2004 205v.

We had a guy with some photography skills following us around that day.
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2013, 11:35 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Mc x-25 2013 6.0
Send a message via AIM to Bambamski1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjen View Post
This should probably be the ebay thread but thought I would stick it here, belong to anyone on this forum?

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ455735837
I used to be a member years ago on this forum. I forgot my password though...

That's me in the above ad. I just posted the x-10 thread and put my boat up for sale to see what kind of interest I get for my 2005. I'm not 100% on selling it. It's funny i've been asked for interior pictures of the boat and really i have nothing. Pictures of us inside, tons of us wakeboarding and surfing. But until you go to sell your boat you really don't ever bother taking pictures of the interior.

The boat is socked away in storage just south of Calgary. 20 minutes and I really can't get at it till probably Mid march at the earliest.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2003 X2
Good looking boat, let us know how the sale goes.
What setup did you find worked best for surfing?
Old 02-13-2013, 01:58 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mc x-25 2013 6.0
Send a message via AIM to Bambamski1
These are the set ups that work for me. We never really used a ton of weight, i've found with the 205 if you have proper edging technique you don't need to put 3k of extra weight.

Surfing
Port side.
All the stock ballast filled, we have a 500 lb fat sac in the bow and a 350 lb sac in the port side back compartment. About 9 mph. We typically have 3-5 people in the boat so one or two in the bow and we'll put the rest on the port side or the back seat. That will produce a great wake, super hard which is the key to this boat. You don't get soft and mushy with the 205 hull. Really on the port side you don't have to do as much and it's rideable.

Starboard side
kind of need the planets to align it seems. One day we'll run the exact set up and it won't be as good. But this is what we found works the best. Stock ballast filled, except for the port side. keep the 500 lb sac in the bow filled. put the extra 350 in the starboard side compartment and put a couple of people in the bow and the rest on or close to the Starboard back end of the boat. now for the weird part. We have a person old onto the tower just behind the driver and hang off the side of the boat. Kind of do the sailboat lean thing. This seems to tip the boat on edge and it cleans up the wake so the rooster isn't throwing water in your face. Oh and you have to do a turn to the right. Just depends on how washed out the wave is. The tighter the turn the cleaner it gets.

Wakeboard
Like i said we don't run a ton of weight. We always have a 500 up front. This boat really needs weight in the bow to firm up the wake which will also help clean it up. Stock ballast and 5 people in the boat is all you need sometimes. If we want the wake to be stupid we add 350's to each compartment but that just ends up hurting knees. When we get new folks to ride behind the boat when it's set up like that, they usually ask if we can empty the stock ballast out. With any weight, you really need to run at least 22mph. no weight which isn't terrible you can get away with running 19-20.

This is why i really like this boat. all you need to do is fill the front sac and fill the stock ballast and you're ready to go.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:04 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '99 205V
Quote:
Originally Posted by VP46 View Post
That has been and is my thought as well. It's actually a cool decal with Lots of detail when you see it up close. That said, I am still partial to plain white boats and aircraft....just something about it that works better for me than the loud designs of today's x-stars.....

An all white one with that curved glass would be sex on water.

The Star Wars style lettering makes me think a 20 yr old with access to photoshop won a design contest judged by 18 yr olds.

Rims with spinners to boot ;0)
I'm in the opposite boat, an almost all-white 205v (see pic earlier in this thread), and I wish it had the X-star style decals. I don't care about the name, I just like the look. Don't get me wrong, I love my boat, just wish it wasn't so plain looking.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:18 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambamski1 View Post
I used to be a member years ago on this forum. I forgot my password though...

That's me in the above ad. I just posted the x-10 thread and put my boat up for sale to see what kind of interest I get for my 2005. I'm not 100% on selling it. It's funny i've been asked for interior pictures of the boat and really i have nothing. Pictures of us inside, tons of us wakeboarding and surfing. But until you go to sell your boat you really don't ever bother taking pictures of the interior.

The boat is socked away in storage just south of Calgary. 20 minutes and I really can't get at it till probably Mid march at the earliest.
Ah, I had already put 2 and 2 together when you posted the X-10 question.
Nice looking X-2. Good luck on the sale.
Thanks too for the ballast details in your other post.