Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 03-01-2017, 12:01 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2015 X10
captain's booster seat cushion

the guy in this video has some kind of booster seat cushion in the captain's chair:

https://youtu.be/C1nKcQRZhAw

anybody know where i could get such a thing?

given the improved visibility, i like to be high up when driving for tow or surf particularly when coming around for pick-up / restart. such a thing seems good. thoughts / reviews?
Old 03-01-2017, 01:41 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2016 Mastercraft X-30 6.0L
Not to thread jack on the first reply but if your bow is up when you turn around to pick up a surfer you've done it wrong.
When the surfer falls take it to idle and turn the wheel to the opposite side the surfer was on (so that the boat pivots around whatever surf device you're using, suckgate, gen 2, or other) then wait for the waves to pass as the boat spins and give it about 1000 rpms to get to the surfer a little quicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2017, 04:20 AM
TT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lda6339 View Post
Not to thread jack on the first reply but if your bow is up when you turn around to pick up a surfer you've done it wrong.
When the surfer falls take it to idle and turn the wheel to the opposite side the surfer was on (so that the boat pivots around whatever surf device you're using, suckgate, gen 2, or other) then wait for the waves to pass as the boat spins and give it about 1000 rpms to get to the surfer a little quicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry that i wasn't very clear, as i wasn't talking about turn around but rather meant to say that i like to be up high to see things well when i get back near riders to get get going again or pickup or whatever. I actually like to be sitting up for a good view whenever i am controlling the boat near anything, docking or going into and out of locks, whatever.

My question was really about what folks might know of the cushion thing?
Old 03-01-2017, 08:09 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2015 Mastercraft X-30 and 2000 Prostar 190
http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...Small&i=873010

I got one of these in the middle size. It works pretty well, but it does compress, so if you go this route you might want to get the thickest one. I like it much better than the fold over half seat built into my X30.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:58 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
I use 2 of the square throwable life preservers/floatation cushions, stack them on top of the regular seat while underway.

similar to these ... http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
Old 03-01-2017, 03:29 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '13 X2 Pro Gen2, '98 30th Anniv PS190- SOLD-
This is what you need likely. It's a gas charged Garelick adjustable seat pedestal, we can raise and lower the seat with the touch of a lever like an office chair. Because of that my 5'2" wife looks over the windshield when driving with ease. The pedestal looks stock but is taller than origional so even with it fully collapsed I can still see over the windshield with the seat bolster flipped down.
Attached Images

SOLD - 1998 30th Anniversary ProStar 190

Old 03-03-2017, 01:31 AM
TT Newbie

Coach Mike - thanks for this. Looks like that is the exact product i was asking about. I appreciate the reply. I think i am going to give one a try.

Pmkkds - thanks for the link.

SS LS1 - this looks good especially if various sizes take turns driving. More expensive option so good to know this comes recommended. Thanks. Is the bolt pattern a straight match or are some new holes/fasteners etc. necessary for installation?

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2017, 10:03 AM
MC Fanatic

It should bolt right up for you and looks like an OEM setup IMO.

Only photos I could find taken on different days but the first one is with it extended up and the second is with it down. Still taller in the lowest position than the stock seat base.
Attached Images

Old 03-04-2017, 10:38 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X2 with Gen 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS LS1 View Post
This is what you need likely. It's a gas charged Garelick adjustable seat pedestal, we can raise and lower the seat with the touch of a lever like an office chair. Because of that my 5'2" wife looks over the windshield when driving with ease. The pedestal looks stock but is taller than origional so even with it fully collapsed I can still see over the windshield with the seat bolster flipped down.
Does anyone have any additional knowledge regarding this adjustable pedestal that could ease my fear of trying to install this myself? ? Any tips on mounting it securely to the floor so that it doesn't loosen up over time? Is this link the same pedestal? Do the screw holes in the floor line up with the original pedestal screw holes? How much higher does this pedestal sit when completely down compared to the original pedestal? http://www.iboats.com/12-15-Adjustab...stomer_Reviews
Old 03-04-2017, 11:37 PM
MC Fanatic

Yep, that's the one we have in our boat the 12" - 15" model. I installed a LED light ring on the subwoofer tonight and when done took a couple photos of the stock MC pedestal next to the adjustable height one.

The adj pedestal is about 2 inches taller than the stock one when the seat is all the way down like in the first photo. The pedestal raises up 3" making the seat 5" taller than stock fully extended like in the 2nd photo. It's like sitting on the flip up bolster when the seat is all the way up but much more comfortable as you have the whole seat bottom to sit on.

The mounting holes line up perfectly as the MC original seat base is also a Garelick brand. Their name is molded into the bottom of the stock seat base.

Hope that helps!
Attached Images