Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 01-01-2016, 04:56 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1995 Mastercraft Prostar 190 LT1 powerslot
Replacing LT1 fuel hose

Am looking for some advice on replacing the 2 rubber fuel lines between the in-line filter, the fuel pump and the fuel rails.

The hoses look to be original (one date stamped 1994), and I'd like to change them out but can't work out how to remove them at the fuel rail end.

Any help would be appreciated please.
Attached Images

Old 01-01-2016, 08:20 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 99 prostar 205 LTR
You will need a fuel line removal tool, most auto parts stores will have them. The bell end of the fuel line has a spring clip inside that locks onto a flange made into the metal line. The removal tool slides over the metal line with two half circular tabs that you push into the bell end to release the spring clip. They can sometimes take a little finessing but overall pretty simple. These tools come in a set or you can buy them individually, I would get the set as it appears the supply and return are two different sizes.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:58 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '96 Prostar 205 LT-1
Do you or does anyone have replacements identified?
Old 01-01-2016, 11:04 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1995 Prostar 190 LT1/Powerslot
Looking into this as well, mine look even worse. You will need to order some high pressure marine grade fuel hose and find a shop to make you some. Fuel ends are standard for GM, just need the correct hose length and type. I plan on doing the trans cooler lines as at the same time being that the process is the same.
Old 01-01-2016, 12:23 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1981 MasterCraft 351W slot
Use braided stainless and a GM to AN adapter for the fuel line
Old 01-01-2016, 01:36 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
I searched for a long time to find fabricators in my area.. my local NAPA autoparts can make the trans hoses... you'll probably have to scout out the GM mechanics shops in your area.. if you can't I can help you get them here and ship them over...
Old 01-02-2016, 06:13 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1995 Mastercraft Prostar 190 LT1 powerslot
Thanks for the speedy replies...I'll pick up the required tool tomorrow and give it a go. I have a local hose maker who can make them for me - not sure about braided stainless though. Is there any benefit over plain rubber for this application? Has anyone done this?
Old 01-02-2016, 12:42 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1995 Prostar 190 LT1/Powerslot
Braided is OEM for cars but not marine certified. There may be a company that makes braided and I just don't know about them.
Old 08-02-2016, 02:22 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1995 Prostar 190, LT-1, Powerslot
Just saw this thread. You guys may have already solved this, but if not, I have replaced one of the hoses in the pic - the feed line. Details can be found here (https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...ad.php?t=72147), but basically I took ⅜” hard line w/16mm nut (Dorman 800-170) and a ⅜” GM Quick Connect (Dorman 800-121) and had a shop crimp them onto a ⅜" USCG fuel hose. I'm fortunate to live by Crown Performance who crimped it for free.

For the other hose, I left it in place because mine wasn't too bad and it's lower pressure for the return. Plus, I couldn't find the correct hard line to use (I think it is brake line). With the new retrofit for the replacement LT1 fuel pump, you could optimize the return fuel line since it doesn't need to connect to the pump.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-28-2016, 11:42 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 96 ProStar 190 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTruck View Post
Just saw this thread. You guys may have already solved this, but if not, I have replaced one of the hoses in the pic - the feed line. Details can be found here (https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...ad.php?t=72147), but basically I took ⅜ hard line w/16mm nut (Dorman 800-170) and a ⅜ GM Quick Connect (Dorman 800-121) and had a shop crimp them onto a ⅜" USCG fuel hose. I'm fortunate to live by Crown Performance who crimped it for free.

For the other hose, I left it in place because mine wasn't too bad and it's lower pressure for the return. Plus, I couldn't find the correct hard line to use (I think it is brake line). With the new retrofit for the replacement LT1 fuel pump, you could optimize the return fuel line since it doesn't need to connect to the pump.

Hope this helps.
Crazy Truck,

I'm looking to replace both line and I will look into your description on feed line. Any issues just cutting the hard return line on the black hose and have shop crimp new fitting on from there? I understand the black hose would need to grow in length slightly.