Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 10-16-2017, 07:34 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2016 X23, 6.2
X23 vs X26

I have not seen much discussion on the X26 on here and was curious if any members experienced with one can provide some information regarding surf set up etc.

I currently own a 2016 X23 and am considering upgrading to a new X26. I demo'd a couple different X26s and thought that the surf wave was not quite as good as the X23. The X26 wave did not have the same push and size as the X23. Both demos were using stock settings I'm assuming which did not fill the ballast 100%. I wish I would have tried filling the ballast 100% but thought the stock settings were best. The second demo utilized 400 lbs of lead (200 lbs per side) in rear lockers under the sacks which did not make much, if any difference in the wave.

I really would like the extra room and feel of the X26, but not sure if I want gamble being disappointed in the surf wave. I would not hesitate upgrading if I could replicate the X23 wave with different settings or extra weight distributed correctly.

Has anyone experimented with different settings and/or adding weight to a X26? My thoughts are that the added surface area of the X26 would require more weight to displace more water, but not sure if this is a correct assessment.

MC25 (Aric), if you happen to read this, I have seen in a couple of posts that you really like the X26 and was curious how you set yours up? Would you be willing to share your knowledge?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:31 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X-Series
I'm surprised no one has weighed in on your post. I don't have any first hand knowledge on the X26. There is one down at Tip Top and they make a hell of a surf wave to screw up good glassy water.....

Last edited by WakePowell; 10-16-2017 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:43 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
The one Texas Mastercraft had on their demo day was factory ballast full and a couple of people in it. It was mental! I didn’t know the exact setup, but I think it was factory ballast all full, with the factory steep and mellow setting.

Who did you demo the boat with?

Wakepowell, I never see your boat up at tin top! I’m there all the time.

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018

Details released 12/17!!!!

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
1985 S&S
Old 10-16-2017, 11:11 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2016 Mastercraft X-30 6.0L
The two times I have been in an X26 it was a similar situation to Arics. (stock settings and a few people) The wave was crazy tall, the only problem was that even the mellow setting was massively tall and converting some of that height to length took some dialing in. But I thought the stock X26 had the best wave in the fleet.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:54 PM
TT Regular

Any idea what mph you were going?
Old 10-17-2017, 08:06 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2017 X23 6000GDI (previous boat was 2014 X25) (4 other boats prior, but none MC)
Send a message via Skype™ to Loewen
Converting that height to length should be nothing more than either a little nose weight, or bump speed up slightly. Voila!
Old 10-17-2017, 09:46 AM
TT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
The one Texas Mastercraft had on their demo day was factory ballast full and a couple of people in it. It was mental! I didnít know the exact setup, but I think it was factory ballast all full, with the factory steep and mellow setting.

Who did you demo the boat with?

Wakepowell, I never see your boat up at tin top! Iím there all the time.
MC25,

I demo'd with Aron and Conner at TXMC. They were great. I demo'd a light blue and white one that was probably at demo day. I surf pretty good behind it, but not as good as I do behind our 23 on my Phase 5 Aku. I just like how the boat felt when I drove it around. It was smooth and solid. We demo'd another one wanting to try out the bow thrusters and we put some lead under the rear locker bags. I forgot to bring my Aku and I tried the new Phase 5 Ahi and I could not stay on the wave. I sure wish I had my Aku when I tried it with lead, but wave felt totally different with the lead. It may have been the board.

I am just looking for an excuse to pull the trigger on a 26. If I was confident that I could get the wave as good as the 23, I wouldn't think twice. It is usually just the wife and I in the boat and don't want to mess with bags etc. We don't use any extra weight in our 23. After reading Ida6339's comment, I may be able to do it messing with settings.

Anyway, I sure like the looks and feel of the 26. Do you know if TXMC received their demo new Star yet? I considered demo it, but just not overwhelmed by it. Looks a lot like a 23 and sure it won't surf any better.

Thanks for responding.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:52 AM
TT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lda6339 View Post
The two times I have been in an X26 it was a similar situation to Arics. (stock settings and a few people) The wave was crazy tall, the only problem was that even the mellow setting was massively tall and converting some of that height to length took some dialing in. But I thought the stock X26 had the best wave in the fleet.
Thanks for responding. I bet I could get the wave dialed in with a little tweaking. Take care.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:53 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
Thanks for responding. I bet I could get the wave dialed in with a little tweaking. Take care.
What color is your 23?

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018

Details released 12/17!!!!

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
1985 S&S
Old 10-17-2017, 09:55 AM
TT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakelife View Post
Any idea what mph you were going?

Honestly I am not sure. I'm sure I could call the guy that took us out and he could tell me. Thanks for responding.