Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 02-09-2013, 01:40 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '99 205V
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
I know, but if any RF will cause a problem and be picked up/heard through the audio, it's more likely to be when the AM/FM radio is being used.

I have heard noise when my phone was next to the computer but that was never a constant buzz.

Ever put your phone next to a CRT monitor or TV when a call comes in? The screen distortion is the reason I think all of the "there's absolutely no harmful radiation coming form cell phones" is BS. That much screen distortion needs a pretty strong magnetic field.
Yeah, you're probably right. I've heard keeping a cell in your pocket, anywhere close to your groin, can cause decreased sperm count. Who knows what else it's doing to us.

I've never seen the CRT interference. It's been so long since I've owned one, though. Not sure if I had a cell phone back then!
Old 02-09-2013, 01:48 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: TBD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsone79 View Post
Yeah, you're probably right. I've heard keeping a cell in your pocket, anywhere close to your groin, can cause decreased sperm count. Who knows what else it's doing to us.

I've never seen the CRT interference. It's been so long since I've owned one, though. Not sure if I had a cell phone back then!
I ccccccant'd detect any rrrrrrrreduced capacity from cellphone use.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:00 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsone79 View Post

I still have an old computer with CRT and the iPhone isn't so bad but the Nokia made the video look like a Fun House mirror.