Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 02-07-2013, 06:36 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
Thanks Jeff. Just not sure I have any space behind that kick plate. I have had it off a few times and just don't think there is any room......
There are other locations as well where it can easily go. The factory one installed in my 2008 is actually mounted up under the passenger side flip up seat in the storage area. It is attached to the fiberglass which makes up the back of the bow seating and as is the case with most MC things, the engineers thought this thru and put backing material in that location so that you can mount right to it.

Moral of the story, if you want one in your boat, we can find a spot to hide it!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:42 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
There are other locations as well where it can easily go. The factory one installed in my 2008 is actually mounted up under the passenger side flip up seat in the storage area. It is attached to the fiberglass which makes up the back of the bow seating and as is the case with most MC things, the engineers thought this thru and put backing material in that location so that you can mount right to it.

Moral of the story, if you want one in your boat, we can find a spot to hide it!
Good moral. Of course behind the passenger seat is where I have my 2nd battery, sub woofer and amps...

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 02-07-2013, 11:41 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: None
Maradyne weighs in

Double D, I must say I love the quote! I sent it to my two kids in college (one in Pre-law and one in Poli Sci). As for the web store, we are actively looking to get that set up soon. If there are items missing in any kits that require "trips to the store", please let us know. That is the type of feedback we look for from the public and what we learn from setting up installs. We never stop trying to evolve the product offerings. As for the celebrity chosen for the install, that is only because I have a face for radio.

Joe Golla-VP Maradyne Marine
Old 11-09-2013, 12:03 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: matrix sorrento 2006 315 mrcruiser
Maradyne Marine Heater Install- Video!!

Started my Maradyne 3 outlet heater install into my 07 X2. Located the unit under rear seat drivers side

Stoked with how it fits in there, now to work on vent hoses and so on, will update pics as i go along
Old 11-09-2013, 08:40 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
This is cool and will probably make it into my boat. What is the average cost on one of these units though?
Old 11-09-2013, 05:31 PM
TT Enthusiast

I bought the unit through a mate here in Aus that imports boats, but I believe they are better priced than heatercraft
Old 11-14-2013, 04:27 AM
TT Enthusiast

Ok guys, heading back to the boat storage this weekend and wanna get the heater all sorted. Can anyone help with the wiring aspect on the X2, as in i want to connect the heater wiring to the exist MC switch, but nit sure how to trace the correct wires in the loom, any suggestions?
Old 11-14-2013, 06:05 AM
TT Regular

Boat: MC, Maristar 210, 1992, 351
Send a message via AIM to jackpita Send a message via Yahoo to jackpita
On my 08 X14 the heater wiring was clearly labeled 'heat hi' and 'heat low'. My install listed here.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=57400
Old 11-22-2013, 02:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Ok so wiring is sorted and unit puts out really good air, only cold at this stage as my next step is to connect heater hoses to engine.
Maradyne supply 2 straight threaded brass fittings, so i guess these both get threaded into engine for in flow and out flow.
I have located 1 location on top of engine near thermostat, so ok with that.
Just not sure with the 2nd location on engine as its not clear on their install vid. Also other installs i have read mention a Y or T fitting from Skidim into the raw water pickup, but as this kit comes complete i am just gonna use their supplied fittings.
Can anyone shed some clarity on this 2nd location to fit a straight fitting?
Help appreciated as I'm heading back to the boat storage today to complete install
Cheers
Old 11-22-2013, 02:21 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 XStar LY6, 2006 X-15 (gone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-mantrix View Post
Ok so wiring is sorted and unit puts out really good air, only cold at this stage as my next step is to connect heater hoses to engine.
Maradyne supply 2 straight threaded brass fittings, so i guess these both get threaded into engine for in flow and out flow.
I have located 1 location on top of engine near thermostat, so ok with that.
Just not sure with the 2nd location on engine as its not clear on their install vid. Also other installs i have read mention a Y or T fitting from Skidim into the raw water pickup, but as this kit comes complete i am just gonna use their supplied fittings.
Can anyone shed some clarity on this 2nd location to fit a straight fitting?
Help appreciated as I'm heading back to the boat storage today to complete install
Cheers
I used the newer 3 vent heater craft, had everything I needed, including the Y fitting.

My install was a 2008 Xstar LY6 motor. I believe the idea behind the Y fitting was to reduce the flow and when you see it you will know why. where is comes back in is a small hole drilled in the Y fitting. keeps the hot water backed up into the heater core moreso.

That being said Im sure the Maradyne are good products, and I do not want to take away from there product, just my experience with an install, actually 2, I did my X15 as well.