Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:23 AM
Mgboyd25's Avatar
Mgboyd25 Mgboyd25 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Boat: Mastercraft, X7, 2004, Yellow
Location: Akron/Canton Ohio
Posts: 404
Maradyne Marine Heater Install- Video!!

Fellow Teamtalk member JKski and I got a chance to install a brand new boat Heater from Maradyne Marine in my 2004 X7.

This was a very easy do it yourself project that only took 2-3 hours. I hope that the video helps any members that are interested in tackling this project themselves. I canít wait for the ice to thaw so I can start using it!

For more information on these units follow the link below to their website!

Check it out!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9xTWkyM-QU
http://www.maradynemarine.com/
__________________
2004 Yellow X7
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:55 AM
Double D's Avatar
Double D Double D is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Posts: 4,404
Looks Great!! I'm so flattered that I know movie stars!!
__________________
If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!


"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-06-2013, 10:04 AM
Mgboyd25's Avatar
Mgboyd25 Mgboyd25 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Boat: Mastercraft, X7, 2004, Yellow
Location: Akron/Canton Ohio
Posts: 404
Haha thanks DD!
Jkski's Celebrity status continues!

We need to put one in the 205!!
__________________
2004 Yellow X7
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-06-2013, 11:01 AM
jkski jkski is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 1,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgboyd25 View Post
Haha thanks DD!
Jkski's Celebrity status continues!

We need to put one in the 205!!
I'd like to thank the Academy and all of the little people (you know who you are) for this award........OH wait, they haven't given me an award yet, guess I better stick with my day job!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-06-2013, 12:37 PM
bjen bjen is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Boat: 2003 X2
Location: Alberta
Posts: 160
Maradyne VS Heatercraft

So...I had a 3 outlet heatercraft kit sitting in my 'cart' on their website then I saw this. My heater project has been bouncing around for months and I have to get after it soon.

Looks like you have to call for prices to Maradyne, online ordering not available from their website.
Anyone have pros and cons for each? Everything looks pretty similar...Heatercraft has a complete 'kit' but im sure there will be a few trips to the parts bin.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-06-2013, 08:51 PM
Double D's Avatar
Double D Double D is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Posts: 4,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgboyd25 View Post
Haha thanks DD!
Jkski's Celebrity status continues!

We need to put one in the 205!!
My big question is where the actual heater unit gets mounted. Got any pictures of that??
__________________
If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!


"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:52 PM
jkski jkski is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 1,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjen View Post
So...I had a 3 outlet heatercraft kit sitting in my 'cart' on their website then I saw this. My heater project has been bouncing around for months and I have to get after it soon.

Looks like you have to call for prices to Maradyne, online ordering not available from their website.
Anyone have pros and cons for each? Everything looks pretty similar...Heatercraft has a complete 'kit' but im sure there will be a few trips to the parts bin.
I have installed both brands and they are pretty much the same right down to the wiring. It's been a while since I did the 3 outlet heater but it does take up a little more space and truthfully it did not lick out much more in the way of heat, but the added vent was nice depending on where you put it. For what it is worth, I really liked the Maradyne Heater and the install kit they sell had everything necessary to get the job done right without a trip to any store.
Let me know if you have any questions on the install and I will be happy to help if I can.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:55 PM
jkski jkski is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 1,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
My big question is where the actual heater unit gets mounted. Got any pictures of that??
The actual heater itself is mounted to the floor behind the kick panel at the drivers feet. You do have some options as to where they can be mounted but I really like having the unit completely out of the way. Yes. it is a bit more difficult to install as you are working in cramped quarters but like everything, there are tricks to make it easier.
If you ever want to add one to your boat just let me know, I'd be happy to help.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-06-2013, 10:58 PM
Double D's Avatar
Double D Double D is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Posts: 4,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
The actual heater itself is mounted to the floor behind the kick panel at the drivers feet. You do have some options as to where they can be mounted but I really like having the unit completely out of the way. Yes. it is a bit more difficult to install as you are working in cramped quarters but like everything, there are tricks to make it easier.
If you ever want to add one to your boat just let me know, I'd be happy to help.
Thanks Jeff. Just not sure I have any space behind that kick plate. I have had it off a few times and just don't think there is any room......
__________________
If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!


"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:32 AM
bjen bjen is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Boat: 2003 X2
Location: Alberta
Posts: 160
OK-that sounds good-I do like the idea of the kit being complete, sounds like it will just come down to price and availability.
Thanks for the advice.........


Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
I have installed both brands and they are pretty much the same right down to the wiring. It's been a while since I did the 3 outlet heater but it does take up a little more space and truthfully it did not lick out much more in the way of heat, but the added vent was nice depending on where you put it. For what it is worth, I really liked the Maradyne Heater and the install kit they sell had everything necessary to get the job done right without a trip to any store.
Let me know if you have any questions on the install and I will be happy to help if I can.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:16 AM.