Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 02-06-2013, 09:23 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, X7, 2004, Yellow
Maradyne Marine Heater Install- Video!!

Fellow Teamtalk member JKski and I got a chance to install a brand new boat Heater from Maradyne Marine in my 2004 X7.

This was a very easy do it yourself project that only took 2-3 hours. I hope that the video helps any members that are interested in tackling this project themselves. I canít wait for the ice to thaw so I can start using it!

For more information on these units follow the link below to their website!

Check it out!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9xTWkyM-QU
http://www.maradynemarine.com/
Old 02-06-2013, 09:55 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Looks Great!! I'm so flattered that I know movie stars!!

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 02-06-2013, 10:04 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, X7, 2004, Yellow
Haha thanks DD!
Jkski's Celebrity status continues!

We need to put one in the 205!!
Old 02-06-2013, 11:01 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgboyd25 View Post
Haha thanks DD!

I'd like to thank the Academy and all of the little people (you know who you are) for this award........OH wait, they haven't given me an award yet, guess I better stick with my day job!
Old 02-06-2013, 12:37 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2003 X2
Maradyne VS Heatercraft

So...I had a 3 outlet heatercraft kit sitting in my 'cart' on their website then I saw this. My heater project has been bouncing around for months and I have to get after it soon.

Looks like you have to call for prices to Maradyne, online ordering not available from their website.
Anyone have pros and cons for each? Everything looks pretty similar...Heatercraft has a complete 'kit' but im sure there will be a few trips to the parts bin.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:51 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgboyd25 View Post
Haha thanks DD!

My big question is where the actual heater unit gets mounted. Got any pictures of that??

275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 02-06-2013, 09:52 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjen View Post
So...I had a 3 outlet heatercraft kit sitting in my 'cart' on their website then I saw this. My heater project has been bouncing around for months and I have to get after it soon.

Looks like you have to call for prices to Maradyne, online ordering not available from their website.
Anyone have pros and cons for each? Everything looks pretty similar...Heatercraft has a complete 'kit' but im sure there will be a few trips to the parts bin.
I have installed both brands and they are pretty much the same right down to the wiring. It's been a while since I did the 3 outlet heater but it does take up a little more space and truthfully it did not lick out much more in the way of heat, but the added vent was nice depending on where you put it. For what it is worth, I really liked the Maradyne Heater and the install kit they sell had everything necessary to get the job done right without a trip to any store.
Let me know if you have any questions on the install and I will be happy to help if I can.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:55 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
My big question is where the actual heater unit gets mounted. Got any pictures of that??
The actual heater itself is mounted to the floor behind the kick panel at the drivers feet. You do have some options as to where they can be mounted but I really like having the unit completely out of the way. Yes. it is a bit more difficult to install as you are working in cramped quarters but like everything, there are tricks to make it easier.
If you ever want to add one to your boat just let me know, I'd be happy to help.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:58 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
The actual heater itself is mounted to the floor behind the kick panel at the drivers feet. You do have some options as to where they can be mounted but I really like having the unit completely out of the way. Yes. it is a bit more difficult to install as you are working in cramped quarters but like everything, there are tricks to make it easier.
If you ever want to add one to your boat just let me know, I'd be happy to help.
Thanks Jeff. Just not sure I have any space behind that kick plate. I have had it off a few times and just don't think there is any room......

275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar

Old 02-07-2013, 12:32 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2003 X2
OK-that sounds good-I do like the idea of the kit being complete, sounds like it will just come down to price and availability.
Thanks for the advice.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
I have installed both brands and they are pretty much the same right down to the wiring. It's been a while since I did the 3 outlet heater but it does take up a little more space and truthfully it did not lick out much more in the way of heat, but the added vent was nice depending on where you put it. For what it is worth, I really liked the Maradyne Heater and the install kit they sell had everything necessary to get the job done right without a trip to any store.
Let me know if you have any questions on the install and I will be happy to help if I can.