Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 02-03-2013, 01:21 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: White/Red 91 PS 190
kidney stones....

OMFingG!!!!!
I wanted my momma this morning.... woke up to back pain about 3:00am... pretty typical actually, considering my present back problems......
then BAM!!!!! the BIG ONE hit!!!
the only mildly comfortable position was standing up, then the cold sweats started, and the dizziness.
suffered with it for several hours,had a shot of tequila, considered the ambulance, waited a little longer and had enough!

drove about 5 blocks to ER, pulled up in the Ambulance parking lot, told SIRI to find the hospital.... that @#$%%$$##@@!@! idiot gives me the number for radiology so, I had to google the number.
someone answered, I said I need a wheelchair outside ER doors.
quite surprisingly, I was able to keep time stamps... I felt they were extremely efficient... If I had WALKED into ER, I know it'd been a different story!
The kids came and got me, son drove me home, and now I get to pee in a strainer while on percocet
never been on them before
Attached Images

Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine
Old 02-03-2013, 01:27 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
I feel for you brother and God willing, I will never have to feel that pain!!

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 02-03-2013, 01:59 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
sorry man....lot's of fluids... no beer now .... 2mm get you're favorite libation for when it passes.... glad it's only 2mm and you don't need a sonic blast...
Old 02-03-2013, 02:18 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
That sucks!

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Old 02-03-2013, 02:23 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: TBD
Was it really necessary to bring that up? Now I am certain to start feeling symptoms.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:24 PM
MC Platinum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
sorry man....lot's of fluids... no beer now .... 2mm get you're favorite libation for when it passes.... glad it's only 2mm and you don't need a sonic blast...
Beer never touches these lips, and Dr. says 2mm will pass without surgical intervention.... 5mm to 7mm and up requires another trip to the doc

I stopped drinking sodas in October, cold turkey... switched to strictly water with a drink additive, or unsweet tea with no additives, and only a couple of those a week at that.
(Drank almost 5 cases of 16.9 ounce Aquafina water in January alone...32 bottles to a case.)
I've only had 2 cups of black coffee since January 17th.

Before October, was abusing 20 ounce Blue Mountain Dew, Cream&Sugar Coffee 8 to 14 cups a day, Sweet Tea, Starbucks Mocha Canned Energy Coffee, and 5 hour energy drinks.

Today was first kidney stone ever.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:15 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 Malibu Echelon and 1985 Stars and Stripes
I feel your pain, literally...my last one was 10mm so 2mm should be a walk in the park.

I've had lithotripsy twice, and the good old fashioned "go in after it" surgery once. I've also passed a few without surgery.

Kidney stones flat out suck!!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2013, 03:58 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, X30, 2012, 5.7
The first time I got them I thought I was in the movie "Outbreak" and that my insides were liquifying. Drink lots of fluids like the others said, when you see that thing you'll wonder how something that small can make you want death.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:54 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 MasterCraft X30
Been there, had a 4mm stone. Woke up at 6am in Vegas of all places with terrible back pain. Suffered for a while then took a trip to ER. Anyone ever in Vegas need a hospital, UMC is a great place. In and out in a few hours. Left with a bunch of pain meds and a "good luck" from the doctor. Nothing else he could do, told me to drink lots of fluids, no alcohol, see your doctor when you get home. Pretty much put the end to that Vegas trip.

Only advice I can give you is stay ahead on the pain meds. Seriously, don't lapse or you'll be hurting. If you do lapse, a quick pain reliever is a hot tub or hot bath. No joke, my ER nurse told me about it. Spent lots of time in my hot tub when I got home. Amazing thing that hot tub can do, only downside is the pain comes right back once you get out. That is until your pain meds kick in again.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
Old 02-04-2013, 01:04 AM
MC Platinum

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLIATH View Post
Been there, had a 4mm stone. Woke up at 6am in Vegas of all places with terrible back pain. Suffered for a while then took a trip to ER. Anyone ever in Vegas need a hospital, UMC is a great place. In and out in a few hours. Left with a bunch of pain meds and a "good luck" from the doctor. Nothing else he could do, told me to drink lots of fluids, no alcohol, see your doctor when you get home. Pretty much put the end to that Vegas trip.

Only advice I can give you is stay ahead on the pain meds. Seriously, don't lapse or you'll be hurting. If you do lapse, a quick pain reliever is a hot tub or hot bath. No joke, my ER nurse told me about it. Spent lots of time in my hot tub when I got home. Amazing thing that hot tub can do, only downside is the pain comes right back once you get out. That is until your pain meds kick in again.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
ironically, that nagging punch in the kidney just came back about 2 minutes ago, and just took another percocet.... so, that'll be number 2 for the day.
I don't do very well taking maintenance meds.... I tend to take them for acute symptoms, so the way I see it, I suffered with it for several hours this morning, so I'm thinking I can hanfle the 30 minutes it takes for the med to kick in.
maybe the plan will work, maybe it won't.... but the toe curling, fidgeting, and kicking myself is already starting

edit:
just finished my 7th. 16 ounce of bottled water today, plus had 16 ounces of 100% unsweetened apple juice with lunch.