Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 01-22-2013, 04:21 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
Winter is depressing

I had to make a brief stop by the lake today and while it was beautiful outside, it did depress me a little to see the lake nearly 11' down from full pool. It has never really bothered me that much bc the lake in winter is fun too but this is also the first winter with the MC. I guess I am just a little anxious.

In about another month it will start to rise. I'm sure that there are those that think I am crazy and say why would you not be out on the water when it is 50 deg outside. I will wait for the water to at least get into the high 60s before I get in but I am not much for cold water. Plus the fact that the lake is totally different at winter pool and I do not know it well enough with shallow spots. Not going to risk it. At least I don't have to worry about it thawing out like some of you.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:26 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 x14v
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC2MC View Post
I had to make a brief stop by the lake today and while it was beautiful outside, it did depress me a little to see the lake nearly 11' down from full pool. It has never really bothered me that much bc the lake in winter is fun too but this is also the first winter with the MC. I guess I am just a little anxious.

In about another month it will start to rise. I'm sure that there are those that think I am crazy and say why would you not be out on the water when it is 50 deg outside. I will wait for the water to at least get into the high 60s before I get in but I am not much for cold water. Plus the fact that the lake is totally different at winter pool and I do not know it well enough with shallow spots. Not going to risk it. At least I don't have to worry about it thawing out like some of you.
Probably a smart move. Those boulders and concrete blocks in the lower right side of the pic are simply prop-destroyers (and probably much more).
Old 01-22-2013, 04:27 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X25
Your not crazy. I check the lake levels and temps all the time. The moment the lake is barely warm enough I'll be back out there.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:30 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '01 X9 330HP
Winter = duck/deer/turkey hunting at the lake!
Low lake = fourwheeler and dirtbike riding!

Never a bad time to be at the lake.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:38 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
What manages the level - 11' seems horribly low...army corp. manage level of lake? When I take my MC if take my old (really old) Hummingbird Flasher and always scope out new areas that are I have not been in. Granite shoals and reefs always win...
Old 01-22-2013, 04:47 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
the lake we go to looks about like that. currently 12 ft low and the dock is barly in the water. we are going to need some good spring rain to be able to even get out this upcoming summer.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:08 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1996 Prostar 205
That's pretty crazy! My lake was 2' high mid summer from floods, now probably 1-2' low with not much snow on the ground.

Looks like a christmas tree sitting there? Probably a good time to take a stroll and find items that had fell into the water and clean up the lake!
Old 01-22-2013, 05:20 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '01 X9 330HP
Our lake flucuates 20' annually. Doesn't really change boatable area because the sides are so steep in most places.

2 years ago I found a fiberglass swim platform from an '04 X-30 on the bottom of the lake!
Cleaned it up and sold it for gas money!
Old 01-22-2013, 06:06 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
This lake level is managed by our power company. Normally winter pool is 480 and it is sitting at 479 and change now. Full pool is 490. The Christmas trees are there for fishing. Actually those were moved out from the rocks in the fore ground. There were more trees put out on the other side of the dock which I will probably end up movin bc it is right where I park the boat. My dad put them out probably not thinking. Oh well. I stay away from those rocks completely, so they are a non issue. I know the water very well at full pool so any shallow spots are avoided. I just installed my depth finder as well so that should help me in the spots I don't know as well.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:59 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft X-45 2008 MCX
Went out to the boat on the lift yesterday to "check on the boat" and found a couple inches of water in the bilge. MCOCD kicked in. Oh, got to make engine noises when we were there!

Sent from my Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk