Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 10-14-2014, 07:35 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Maristar 1995 275 hp
ballast for 1995 maristar 200 vrs

I want the best wakeboard and surf wake my boat can offer without losing seating. right now i run 2x400 pounds in rear lockers for wakeboarding. that wake is decent and this is my first v drive so it seems really good but i feel like as i progress i will grow out of it, so when that time comes i want to be ready. for surfing we fill a bag on the surf side in the rear locker and the other bag goes right in front of the rear locker on the seat or right behind the drivers seat on the surf side always though. our surf wave is decent size but a little white washy and a little poorly shaped plus it is rather short in length.
we probably have room in the rear lockers for the 1100 lbs bags but they might not fill quite all of the way. i was thinking about upgrading to those and adding a 800 lbs tube sac in the walkway to the bow. Ski locker is rather small and so is storage under the wrap around seating. and the seats in the bow would probably only fit the 400 lbs sacs that i already have and i wouldn't be able to fill them barely half.
open to suggestions to the DIY surfgate and a swim platform if you have anything about that because this maristar has a stupid built in one but focus on ballast thank you much