Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Parts & Accessories

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-12-2015, 02:22 PM
Hammer's Avatar
Hammer Hammer is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Boat: '07 X45 LY6
Location: South Central Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,824
Would like to trade my ACME 2305.

Would like to trade my ACME 2305 for a 2241. The 2305 is just to much prop for what we do. My stock prop is ok but not enough. I know its a long shot but... Note that the prop was dinged and is being repaired, sent it off today to Murphy's Propeller Shop in Norfolk, VA.
__________________
______________________________

You look like I need a beer!
2001 Prostar 195 Sold
2011 Ski Nautique 200
2007 X45 LY6
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-12-2015, 05:06 PM
clrussell's Avatar
clrussell clrussell is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Boat: 2005 x star
Location: midwest
Posts: 3,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Would like to trade my ACME 2305 for a 2241. The 2305 is just to much prop for what we do. My stock prop is ok but not enough. I know its a long shot but... Note that the prop was dinged and is being repaired, sent it off today to Murphy's Propeller Shop in Norfolk, VA.

What's specs on the 2305 your looking for? I need a more aggressive prop on my star, it has a upgraded prop just not enough.. 6.0 engine
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-12-2015, 05:12 PM
clrussell's Avatar
clrussell clrussell is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Boat: 2005 x star
Location: midwest
Posts: 3,177
Just looked it up on wake makers.. Not sure if it'll work on my star or not? It's an inch bigger than what I have now.

I'm 95% sure what I have is equivalent to acme 1285
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-12-2015, 05:44 PM
Kyle's Avatar
Kyle Kyle is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Location: Fort Worth, TEXAS
Posts: 3,380
Hammer

Can you have the shop pitch the prop you have to accommodate what you're looking for? A repitch doesn't cost much and may work. Just an idea. Maybe add or subtract cup to get you where you want.

Just an idea. May not even be what you're trying to accomplish
__________________
Rollin' Gangsta Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-12-2015, 06:11 PM
Hammer's Avatar
Hammer Hammer is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Boat: '07 X45 LY6
Location: South Central Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Hammer

Can you have the shop pitch the prop you have to accommodate what you're looking for? A repitch doesn't cost much and may work. Just an idea. Maybe add or subtract cup to get you where you want.

Just an idea. May not even be what you're trying to accomplish
I don't know if they can or not. Never thought about that. I thought it would be best if someone was looking for this type of prop. I could move this one and get one that works better for my needs. We do a lot of cruising, pulling the kids skiing, tubing and such. We surf, but its a small percentage of our day. This prop has outstanding power out of the hole and speed holding while surfing. But a little more pitch would suite our needs better I think.
__________________
______________________________

You look like I need a beer!
2001 Prostar 195 Sold
2011 Ski Nautique 200
2007 X45 LY6
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-12-2015, 06:53 PM
clrussell's Avatar
clrussell clrussell is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Boat: 2005 x star
Location: midwest
Posts: 3,177
Hammer do you know if it would work in my application? I might be interested in buying it if so.. I know willy was wanting to get one to test but hasn't yet.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-12-2015, 07:17 PM
Hammer's Avatar
Hammer Hammer is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Boat: '07 X45 LY6
Location: South Central Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by clrussell View Post
Hammer do you know if it would work in my application? I might be interested in buying it if so.. I know willy was wanting to get one to test but hasn't yet.
Check This
__________________
______________________________

You look like I need a beer!
2001 Prostar 195 Sold
2011 Ski Nautique 200
2007 X45 LY6
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-12-2015, 07:56 PM
clrussell's Avatar
clrussell clrussell is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Boat: 2005 x star
Location: midwest
Posts: 3,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Check This

Tried that earlier I can't see the next part on my phone.. Some reason the page doesn't load fully or something.. I'll call them tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-13-2015, 11:05 AM
willyt's Avatar
willyt willyt is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: May 2009
Boat: ER xstar
Location: high in the middle and round on both ends
Posts: 2,110
I'm actually going to call OJ today and order their 15x13. I'd love to have this acme to compare it against.

CLR - if you're talking about the OJ version of that prop (14.25x14.5), I really was never impressed with mine, felt like it cavitated a bunch (didn't feel like it had enough surface area for that large of a boat). OJ has both the 825 (14.75x13.25) and 845 (15x13) now, so i might try one of those. With a 6l you should be able to turn either of those props no problem.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-13-2015, 12:23 PM
clrussell's Avatar
clrussell clrussell is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Boat: 2005 x star
Location: midwest
Posts: 3,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyt View Post
I'm actually going to call OJ today and order their 15x13. I'd love to have this acme to compare it against.

CLR - if you're talking about the OJ version of that prop (14.25x14.5), I really was never impressed with mine, felt like it cavitated a bunch (didn't feel like it had enough surface area for that large of a boat). OJ has both the 825 (14.75x13.25) and 845 (15x13) now, so i might try one of those. With a 6l you should be able to turn either of those props no problem.

Thanks willy, I'm about to call wake makers and ask em about it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:52 AM.