Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-10-2013, 12:54 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-2
St. Maarten

I'm heading to St. Maarten on Sunday, anyone have any recommendations for things to do and places to buy/rent from? A lot of stuff online just lists phone numbers. Logistics are all set up, now we're just planning what to do while we're there.

So far, I've got a fishing trip booked. We are planning on heading to Anguilla one day, but haven't worked out how to get there (take the cheap ferry or pay for a cruise/snorkel trip). We are also going to kayak over to Pinel Island for an afternoon. We plan on surfing and maybe kiteboarding, but I don't have that set up yet. I found a couple of places to call to rent, but no prices, also, I'm not sure if you can rent kiteboard gear or not (a couple places that had lessons specified that they don't rent).

I've also found 3 places that claim you can wakeboard/waterski, but that's all they say. I'm guessing they're probably not running an inboard, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I've got 3 open days right now for surf/kite/wake/ski activities and whatever else we decide on.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:00 PM
MC Addict

Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
These guys are featured in the "Edged in Water 2" DVD. http://www.skicaraibes.net/en/Welcome.html

They have inboard boats and a ski course (at least they did when they shot the movie).

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190

Last edited by shepherd; 01-10-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:10 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Nuff said...

http://www.stmaartendiving.com/shark_dive_st_maarten

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 01-11-2013, 06:45 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft X-45 2008 MCX
Definitely need to go to the French side - Orient beach. Good kite-boarding there and a nude beach. Also, go to the bar next to the airport and watch the airplanes take off and blow people into the ocean. Pretty cool. IIRC there is a really nice restaurant there on the beach with a SouthBeach feel to it and you can watch the sunset. We did a catamaran to Anguilla and that was fun. Cool little island.

We also rented a jeep one day and drove the island - very diverse culture and food due to it being Dutch and French!
Old 01-11-2013, 09:00 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Don't forget to bring back content for the swim suit thread...
Old 01-11-2013, 11:30 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1972 MasterCraft w. Holman Moody
We rented house on the North side (French) and drove the insland a lot. Its a cowboy town on the roads! House was cheap for 4 of us; pool, etc. We went to a little island, maybe it is the same you mentioned.

We took the plane over to SABA - you need to go there - very laid back and cool feel. I enjoy Saba much more than Marteen. The vista from Saba is great! Standing on a 1600' cliff looking over the other islands.. FYI Marteen there is pot everywhere, our taxi driver had it in his visor and it kept falling out.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:38 AM
MC Maniac

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
Don't forget to bring back content for the swim suit thread...
Amen!

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 01-12-2013, 06:51 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1989 Prostar 190
went there for our HM back in '06, stayed at Mercury Simpson Beach Hotel which is next to SkiCaraibes. Back then, Brigitte & Laurent were running the school, had a nice SN and were great people. last i heard they are not together anymore so i'm not sure who is running the school. Some of our best times there...

Best Beach-Bay de Rouge (on North/West end of French side), beach is totally different than any other beach on the island, sand is coarse feeling, rocky/coral areas you can swim near, awesome food on the beach and drinks! not very crowded either

Best thing we did- rent a little dune buggy and drive the whole island going beach to beach, yes even the nudie one! even this beach is split 1/2 regular 1/2 nude so you can go there to check it out, then proceed how you feel if you want.

Best Food-French side of course but best thing i ate the entire week was a piece of super fresh fish on a paper plate, in Grand Case

Have a blast, we would love to go back!
Attached Images

'07 PS197 TT w/PP & ZO

club boat '12 PS197 TT

Last edited by sk8salomon; 01-12-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:33 AM
MC Maniac

I just booked a trip to Grand Cayman and used a 15% off American Airlines coupon code BLHHS3RD8HM3... It's good through the 25th of this month and it saved us about $200 each... $940 for two airfares to GC is a bargain...

Just thought you guys might could use the code if you're in the planning mode...

Old 01-23-2013, 03:13 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: none at moment
This would be really cool to see. Maho Beach

Name:  sxm1.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  46.0 KB

Name:  sxm.JPG
Views: 158
Size:  88.3 KB