Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 03-07-2013, 02:39 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Quote:
I'm pushing 1500 calories a day.
Remember something though....if you go too low on calories essentially your body will go instarvation mode and your metabolism will be shot. Ethiopian belly style and your body will start losing muscle. On a normal basis you have 2 diff goals. One would be to lose weight and the other is to gain mass. The whole "thing" about p90x is that through the stages you are trying to achieve different goals. Your 3rd phase is going to be your cutting. P90x claims phase 1 as your "fat shredder", phase 2 your energy booster, and phase 3 as your edurance maximizer on your diet so basically you need to look at diff goals for different phases.

Phase 1 is NOT where you want to bare bones cut calories! Your body is not used to the workout and it will starve and die. Not literally obviously but you need to fuel your body. Your body can lose 1-2 lbs a week safely on a normal basis. That doesn't apply now imho. You are trying to build up muscle. Muscle weights more than fat and sometimes you can even gain weight through the first phase or 2. THIS IS NORMAL! Don't get fixated on weight.....look at performance. If you are able to do more reps/weight you are building muscle. Eat a normal HEALTHY (talking to you kyle) diet and load up on protein! Cutting calories is crap during this phase. Eat your 5 small meals a day and keep it balanced. You want that power to kill the workouts!

PHASE 3 is where you want to go leaner on your proteins, calories, etc and try to burn that 1-2lbs a week.

Again this all opinion but I warn you.......I did stay at a holiday inn express last night
Old 03-07-2013, 02:42 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Send a message via AIM to cbryan70
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ProstarSammyD View Post
Remember something though....if you go too low on calories essentially your body will go instarvation mode and your metabolism will be shot. Ethiopian belly style and your body will start losing muscle. On a normal basis you have 2 diff goals. One would be to lose weight and the other is to gain mass. The whole "thing" about p90x is that through the stages you are trying to achieve different goals. Your 3rd phase is going to be your cutting. P90x claims phase 1 as your "fat shredder", phase 2 your energy booster, and phase 3 as your edurance maximizer on your diet so basically you need to look at diff goals for different phases.

Phase 1 is NOT where you want to bare bones cut calories! Your body is not used to the workout and it will starve and die. Not literally obviously but you need to fuel your body. Your body can lose 1-2 lbs a week safely on a normal basis. That doesn't apply now imho. You are trying to build up muscle. Muscle weights more than fat and sometimes you can even gain weight through the first phase or 2. THIS IS NORMAL! Don't get fixated on weight.....look at performance. If you are able to do more reps/weight you are building muscle. Eat a normal HEALTHY (talking to you kyle) diet and load up on protein! Cutting calories is crap during this phase. Eat your 5 small meals a day and keep it balanced. You want that power to kill the workouts!

PHASE 3 is where you want to go leaner on your proteins, calories, etc and try to burn that 1-2lbs a week.

Again this all opinion but I warn you.......I did stay at a holiday inn express last night
You do know insanity is completly different then P90X correct? Either way you still need to eat to keep your body from going into starvation mode....
Old 03-07-2013, 02:48 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
You do know insanity is completly different then P90X correct? Either way you still need to eat to keep your body from going into starvation mode....
I thought taylor was doing p90x. Insanity is a diff beast agreed but wasn't referring to that. The only insanity I've done is mixing some of the tapes in with p90x to sub cardio/yoga because I didn't get into the p90x version so I have zero quality input on insanity other than I hate it haha.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:51 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Send a message via AIM to cbryan70
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ProstarSammyD View Post
I thought taylor was doing p90x. Insanity is a diff beast agreed but wasn't referring to that. The only insanity I've done is mixing some of the tapes in with p90x to sub cardio/yoga because I didn't get into the p90x version so I have zero quality input on insanity other than I hate it haha.
I thought most were doing insanity. I could be wrong. I am on my 4th week of it. I agree it sucks....but the results dont.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:01 PM
TT Regular

Power to anyone who can do it! My knee is jacked up so I am stuck on elliptical and rowing until I see how it does riding but I couldn't have done that day in/out before.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:30 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2003 197 Protournament Supercharged LQ9
Yes almost everyone is doing Insanity with the exception of a couple who had injuries or who were already doing it and wanted to follow along with us for the accountability.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:30 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
I'm still in the saddle everyone but now have a different question.

We are finishing week 2 now and I'm feeling better as far as energy goes.

My question is this.

Week before insanity started I weighed on 186 and then got sick. Dropped to 171 in a week and it freaked me out. By Monday start day I had put back on to 180. Stayed within 1-2# all week. Have a food melt down Monday and Tuesday and jump to 187 and Friday today I weigh in at 178.

This is how my body does normally. Is it normal to see 10+lb swings in a matter of a couple of days.

The only time I felt full this week was when I ate at BWW. Shakeology doesn't come close to satisfying any hunger. I drink it and my stomach is instantly pissed off and telling me I'm still on E keep feeding me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 03-08-2013, 07:39 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2003 197 Protournament Supercharged LQ9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I'm still in the saddle everyone but now have a different question.

We are finishing week 2 now and I'm feeling better as far as energy goes.

My question is this.

Week before insanity started I weighed on 186 and then got sick. Dropped to 171 in a week and it freaked me out. By Monday start day I had put back on to 180. Stayed within 1-2# all week. Have a food melt down Monday and Tuesday and jump to 187 and Friday today I weigh in at 178.

This is how my body does normally. Is it normal to see 10+lb swings in a matter of a couple of days.

The only time I felt full this week was when I ate at BWW. Shakeology doesn't come close to satisfying any hunger. I drink it and my stomach is instantly pissed off and telling me I'm still on E keep feeding me.
Ok Kyle check your PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:23 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 ProStar 197 ProTournament Team
Send a message via AIM to TayMC197
Fell off the band wagon since Tuesday. Haven't done crap since Wednesday. I'll start back tmw night string again. Puppy mixed with company has takin all my time.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:50 PM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
Quote:
Originally Posted by TayMC197 View Post
Fell off the band wagon since Tuesday. Haven't done crap since Wednesday. I'll start back tmw night string again. Puppy mixed with company has takin all my time.
That's why I passed on joining this group. 6 days a week is a tough commitment for anyone at any time. With building my house there was no way I could commit.

Get back at it when as soon as you can and forget the lapse.

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.

Tags
fitness progam, getting in shape, insanity, px90, workout program